BajaNomad

Coco

Rossman - 4-3-2017 at 03:24 PM

Just read a post on BD Outdoors that said that Coco from Coco's Corner passed away last week. Was planning on stopping by there to see him tomorrow and I'll find out if the post was greatly exaggerated but has anyone heard this?

David K - 4-3-2017 at 05:47 PM

New photos of him posted today on his Facebook page... and no mention of anything like this...

https://www.facebook.com/cocoscorner.ranch

rts551 - 4-3-2017 at 06:02 PM

Have not heard that. But he does not post to his own page. He has no internet.

woody with a view - 4-3-2017 at 06:50 PM

The guy with the recent FB opost in the above link posted from Canada. So he didnt see Coco yesterday.

David K - 4-3-2017 at 08:32 PM

TW passed by a couple days ago. When he pops out of the Never Never, maybe we will hear.

LukeJobbins - 4-3-2017 at 09:35 PM

I wouldn't trust anything on Bloody Decks unless it has pictures and an outside source link.

willardguy - 4-3-2017 at 10:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LukeJobbins  
I wouldn't trust anything on Bloody Decks unless it has pictures and an outside source link.

easy there cool hand....this was the OP, nothing more nothing less :rolleyes:

"My coworker went to San Felipe this past weekend & found out that the guy (i believe coco) at coco's corner died sometime last week. I never got the chance to go that way, I've only seen video's on youtube of him. IF THIS IS THE CASE ( RIP )

anybody hear of this ?"

measomsan - 4-4-2017 at 05:53 AM

Someone confirm please. He was IMO Baja. Freeking living out there. When you reached Coco's when driving from Houston to Cabo, you knew you were going to make it....waiting for update

mtgoat666 - 4-4-2017 at 06:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by measomsan  
He was IMO Baja.

You say that in past tense, seems that reports here are he is still present tense.

Baja is much more varied than the Coco archetype.

nandopedal - 4-4-2017 at 06:55 AM

My two cents:
Drove by last Friday and thought it was somewhat unusual to see everything shut (Boarded) cause sometimes even if he is not there some of his friends keep the place open.

rts551 - 4-4-2017 at 07:24 AM

from his facebook page last night. "Good news. We were there on Friday and put money in his bolted down can. He was optimistic."

BigBearRider - 4-4-2017 at 07:30 AM

Nice to hear. Thank you.

TMW - 4-4-2017 at 08:10 AM

We stopped at Cocos last Saturday the 1st around 11:30am and he was in great spirits.

rts551 - 4-4-2017 at 08:19 AM

Nothing like social media for rumors!....THANKS.

rts551 - 4-4-2017 at 08:28 AM

Someone else just reported they saw him at race contingency sat in San Felipe. Boy, he gets around.

meme - 4-4-2017 at 09:50 AM

I just read on FB that this is not true. Someone saw him just yesterday.

measomsan - 4-4-2017 at 12:49 PM

Good News indeed

bajaguy - 4-4-2017 at 01:21 PM

To steal and edit a line from Mark Twain:

"The reports of Coco's death have been greatly exaggerated"

David K - 4-4-2017 at 01:26 PM

1:22 pm today, 'John M' just called me from San Felipe and was at Coco's today. Coco is very much alive, in John's words.

norte - 4-4-2017 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
1:22 pm today, 'John M' just called me from San Felipe and was at Coco's today. Coco is very much alive, in John's words.

Weren't the first 2 or 3 confirmations enough?

David K - 4-4-2017 at 01:54 PM

Apparently not!?
Maybe Doug can make a Coco Lives forum here?
It was important enough to get a satellite phone call, so it was important for me to post the call.

mtgoat666 - 4-4-2017 at 02:59 PM

Hey!
I am still alive too!

All of you still alive, check in now!

chuckie - 4-4-2017 at 03:02 PM

Pinch!

BajaBlanca - 4-4-2017 at 04:20 PM

You can post he is alive over and over cause this is great news!

measomsan - 4-4-2017 at 04:43 PM

Fart...Ok, I'm still here

bajabuddha - 4-4-2017 at 05:59 PM

NEWSFLASH:

Fransisco Franco is still dead.

And Jane, you're an ignorant sl*t.

willardguy - 4-4-2017 at 07:00 PM

soooo....are we gonna get thru this without AGAIN seeing david's cache of coco photos??:rolleyes:

mtgoat666 - 4-4-2017 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
soooo....are we gonna get thru this without AGAIN seeing david's cache of coco photos??:rolleyes:

No thread about coco is complete without pictures of his stained panties collection :lol:

rts551 - 4-4-2017 at 07:21 PM

Easier to regurgitate old posts.

Sweetwater - 4-4-2017 at 07:49 PM

Naw, we need a map of just where Coco and his infamous Corner actually reside because.....just because.

I is still here, in Floriduh for the week and yet concerned that Coco has not done well since his 80th B'day celebration with those results. He did not act or look well when I visited last month after that celebration and I know he's been stressed with the traffic around his Corner.

As Tiny Tim might remark, Good luck to us, one and all and godspeed to Coco.

rts551 - 4-4-2017 at 08:24 PM

I agree. Last month he was stressed because the Federal Cops were giving him fits. Wonder if they still are. Maybe that map will help.

Doug/Vamonos - 4-5-2017 at 07:05 PM

All the negativity and b-tching just chases people away from this website. How about the moderator starts dumping some of these people who never contribute to a conversation and only exist here to spread their crap.

Barry A. - 4-5-2017 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Doug/Vamonos  
All the negativity and b-tching just chases people away from this website. How about the moderator starts dumping some of these people who never contribute to a conversation and only exist here to spread their crap.

AMEN!!!!!

willardguy - 4-5-2017 at 07:17 PM

I absolutely agree......but I just don't see doug banning david! :(

Doug/Vamonos - 4-5-2017 at 07:20 PM

Well...I've never witnessed David talking crap. But seriously, it seems like every post gets a couple of these jokers talking crap. What's the point? This could be a great resource but it's a gamble every time. And it's the same half dozen people every time. Better not to have them here.

willardguy - 4-5-2017 at 07:35 PM

Well...I've never witnessed David talking crap.

:yes: wish I lived in that perfect world!

norte - 4-5-2017 at 08:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

I absolutely agree......but I just don't see doug banning david! :(

Normally I sit back and lurk....but you have a point. Boot David K and 99.9% of all the squabbling goes away. Does that tell you something?

pangamadness - 4-6-2017 at 03:51 AM

No wonder I don't look at this site much anymore. This crap is still going on😲. How can you make fun of a guy who loves Baja as much as David K. Bullys, childish bullys