BajaNomad

Fedeicomiso question -changes to existing trust

elskel - 4-6-2017 at 12:36 PM

Quick question- has anyone made revisions to an existing trust? A couple of our kids were left off the trust as benificaries. We would like to add them. Thanks brian

bledito - 4-6-2017 at 04:37 PM

most likely a cost involved its mexico

elskel - 4-6-2017 at 04:52 PM

Yes, I figure a cost is involved. Has anyone made changes to an existing Fediecomiso?

BajaBlanca - 4-6-2017 at 07:45 PM

I don't know if this will help but we are in the process of canceling the fide on the B&B, since we are now citizens and it can be in our names.

We had to provide copies of our passports, proof of residence, show taxes were up to date and fill out a form. We hired a notario to do ours and he and the bank exchange information.

So, that being said, I guess you would hire a notario, fill out a form and show your addition of kids, pay a fee, pretty similar to what we are doing. Not hard but nothing moves fast either.

hookemup - 4-7-2017 at 12:02 AM

Yes we did it in 2010.Got married and changed name from my son to new wife. Only change was first name.The revision was six pages all with stamps and formal through a notaria publica in La Paz.Totally painless.Took about two weeks and less than a grand USD.Now I can die in peace.

cliffh - 4-7-2017 at 07:35 AM

I believe a mexican will accomplish the same thing as changing your Fede. Check with a lawyer

Russ - 4-7-2017 at 08:51 AM

I think it would be a big hassle. What I did when they left off my beneficiary was had a will made out with with the info and name. Also included a bunch of other things. Much easier and copies can go to anyone that needs one without the whole fido being copied

elskel - 4-10-2017 at 07:57 AM

Thanks for the replies, I will give a notario a call.
Brian

BajaTed - 4-10-2017 at 08:33 AM

Hopefully an ex wife was NOT on the original fideocomiso.

Our family has three brothers who were on the original trust, when Dad passed on, we all agreed to keep our home we built.
As the trust executor, I set up the trust with only all the grandkids as beneficiaries.
My wife and all the other wives did not like that one bit and I was treated accordingly. When the brother I thought would never get divorced did. Then I was a genius.

BajaMama - 4-10-2017 at 10:53 AM

We just re-did my father in law's FC last year because of irregularities in the original. Was VERY spendy - $7,000. But we needed to correctly indicate who the beneficeraries are (original said it would follow the USA will, "state" but we were told that could be an issue and hopefully make sure there would be no snafus when the time comes.

BajaTed - 4-10-2017 at 11:15 AM

That price is probably correct for today.

To have NO beneficiary issues, we were required to have each beneficiary got a 6 month tourist visa before the Trust was created to verify their identity for Santader and allow the signature of all the Americans involved to be legal in all aspects. (we were in the country legally to sign the mexican legal docs)

elskel - 4-10-2017 at 08:38 PM

Hopefully the cost is
Not
That high. We just need to add our two other children. Don't know how we missed it.

BajaMama - 4-11-2017 at 09:12 AM

We had a Mexican lawyer with an office in San Diego who came highly recommended but we didn't have to get get any tourist visas for signing.