BajaNomad

New ride, need a few mods

willardguy - 4-12-2017 at 01:50 PM

Camburg 2.5 leveling kit
had camburg lift both E350 and a E150......xlnt!

stiladam - 4-12-2017 at 01:55 PM

Consider Icon - They make GREAT kits. Not the cheapest but...well you know!

http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/661-2015-up-f150

AKgringo - 4-12-2017 at 04:18 PM

Unless you know that you are going to need a lift to accommodate oversize tires, I would suggest waiting to see how the stock set up works for you.

bajabuddha - 4-12-2017 at 04:38 PM

On my F-250 I had airbags installed on the rear-leaf springs, sorry... can't remember the brand, but well worth the cost. The only hassle was the Podunk locals that installed them didn't mount an on-board compressor underneath because they said ''it didn't fit''. They didn't know about re-routing the exhaust pipe a few inches to the side, so I had to manually inflate it with a small air compressor (12 v.) which was no big hassle, but a Big O shop can do it correctly for a fee. With an 8,000 lb 5th wheel I could level up the back bumper to the same height when not towing, so I didn't get high-beamed at night constantly.

Also had a 'kangaroo ketcher' custom welded on the front from the frame out, a local welder did a fantastic job fabricating it out of square stock and 1/8" steel plate. I could strap-mount (and cable-lock) both a high lift jack across the bottom of it and a folding extension ladder in between the grill and bars, about 8" from bars to grill. I feel the little silver grill-bars are cute, but ineffective. Good for pushing things including cows... if you do a front-end mod i'd suggest a female trailer ball receiver on the front as well. Makes for 'backing' stuff up a WHOLE lot easier (I don't turn around as easy as I used-ta).

Just a few 'mods' that worked well for me over the years.

[Edited on 4-12-2017 by bajabuddha]

MMc - 4-12-2017 at 07:47 PM

Soulpatch, you might check out Radflo. They did a truck for me and were very good. I now have a 2500 dodge which isn't is the line or I would be going back.

bajaguy - 4-12-2017 at 08:45 PM

Frank

I got some heavy duty front end protection and side steps from Go Industries for my 2011 Ram 2500:

https://www.goindustries.com/index.php/truck-accessories/gri...

Here is the link for the winch grille guard:

https://www.goindustries.com/index.php/truck-accessories/gri...

Also rear end protection (Baja tested on our truck - it works - no damage to us, the other guy wasn't so lucky) from Rhino (although if you find somebody who can weld, I'm sure they can make you one):

http://www.gorhino.com/Hitch-Steps

Lee - 4-12-2017 at 09:34 PM

Big makeover for Ford. Rhino bed liner to protect the aluminum bed.

An alarm will prevent it from being driven away by someone else.

Firestone Ride-rite airbags work well. Onboard compressor with interior gauge.

Congrats!

rts551 - 4-12-2017 at 10:34 PM

If all you are looking for is a little lift in the front Use Bilstein ride height adjustable shocks. they can increase lift up to 2 inches in the front.

David K - 4-12-2017 at 10:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I tried as a photo.... I quit trying to meet the restrictions of this site's imagine stuff a long time ago.

Frank, just email it to me and I will post it for you.

bajaguy - 4-13-2017 at 07:23 AM

Alarms are good, but with the new chip embedded keys, the chance of anyone driving it off without a chipped key is slim......but for extra insurance, a kill switch would be effective

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Big makeover for Ford. Rhino bed liner to protect the aluminum bed.

An alarm will prevent it from being driven away by someone else.

Firestone Ride-rite airbags work well. Onboard compressor with interior gauge.

Congrats!

mtgoat666 - 6-6-2017 at 06:01 AM

I got my new 2016 F150 4x4 with the V8.....

Why the V8? The 2.7 and 3.5 turbos are so fuel efficient, I thought no one bought the v8s anymore.

[Edited on 6-6-2017 by mtgoat666]

bajagrouper - 6-6-2017 at 08:18 AM

Just curious, I drive to Chacala all the time without a lifted vehicle, where in Nayarit would you even need a baby monster truck? How many inches ground clearance do you have?
I am in Guayabitos, maybe get together for a beer sometime.......

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 09:28 AM

Its the OPTICS baby, Gotta look Macho...all the Body lifts in the world don't get the important stuff any higher off the rocks..

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 10:00 AM

I strongly suggest a bed liner if you are going to use it as a TRUCK, tossing a Handiman jack into a new Ford with the Aluminum box is a NO NO as several Farmers around here will attest....

chippy - 6-6-2017 at 10:20 AM

Like we fisher peeps say "Its all bs without photos":light:.
Show off the goods:cool:!

chippy - 6-6-2017 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I strongly suggest a bed liner if you are going to use it as a TRUCK, tossing a Handiman jack into a new Ford with the Aluminum box is a NO NO as several Farmers around here will attest....

LineX in Guad. Great product and price. I got a early am cita and was outa there by noon.

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 12:50 PM

Linex is paint

chippy - 6-6-2017 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Linex is paint

Which is much better than those plastic POSs.

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 01:25 PM

Throw something sharp in the back and see...IF You actually own an aluminum bed Ford...

chippy - 6-6-2017 at 01:32 PM

True I have never owned an aluminum bedded truck but I have had plastic liners that did alot of damage to the bed. + the amount of water they held if parked down hill in the rain was insane. I´ll take lineX all day long.

That said,are we sure that Mexican f150s have aluminum beds?

[Edited on 6-6-2017 by chippy]

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 01:50 PM

I dunno why you are even commenting..The object is to prevent damage to aluminum truckbeds Which DONT RUST...Linex wont do that...its paint...

chippy - 6-6-2017 at 01:55 PM

You don´t know if its got an aluminum bed:light:. + the amount of damage the plastic liners did to steel beds would be worse with soft aluminum.

bajagrouper - 6-6-2017 at 02:24 PM

Anybody know the ground clearance of a stock Ford f150?

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 02:42 PM

Rightside up?

BajaTed - 6-6-2017 at 04:10 PM

I got the F-150 4x4 with the 3.6L twin turbo, the midrange power is much more instantaneous than the V-8. The Tow/Haul mode works great for braking also. Awesome gas mileage. 83 mph cruise @ 2000 rpm in 6th gear. The back up camera and and dial based trailer steer function is a godsend for trailers you can't see too.

chuckie - 6-6-2017 at 04:26 PM

The new Fords are GREAT trucks...Most of them sold here now are V8 Gas motors....NICE....Diesels when they can be depreciated...

bajagrouper - 6-6-2017 at 08:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagrouper  
Just curious, I drive to Chacala all the time without a lifted vehicle, where in Nayarit would you even need a baby monster truck? How many inches ground clearance do you have?
I am in Guayabitos, maybe get together for a beer sometime.......

It is not lifted. The back is the same height.
Where did you get the idea it is lifted?

The front is now level with the rear.

I have a solar installation under way in Guayabitos.

Have we met?

I will be up there next week.

Sorry,I thought you wrote "I am looking to do a very small lift, 2.5" or so... I don't want a giant lift.

So would not that mean it would be lifted?

No we have not met, I am selling my house in Guayabitos and will be down at the end of the month..

bajagrouper - 6-6-2017 at 09:58 PM

cool maybe see you in Nayarit.......