BajaNomad

Loreto Golf

tehag - 2-14-2005 at 08:50 AM

Cheapest, most underplayed course in Baja is at Nopol?, 8 miles south of Loreto. 7,000+ yards. Walk 18 holes for $44US.

Check layout at http://www.loretogolf.net

i think the PGA should stage an event there

capt. mike - 2-15-2005 at 07:37 AM

they'd help to sell a few more of those lots and homes at Loreto bay!!......:lol::lol:

Troon

LoretoBound - 11-5-2005 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
Cheapest, most underplayed course in Baja is at Nopol?, 8 miles south of Loreto. 7,000+ yards. Walk 18 holes for $44US.

Check layout at http://www.loretogolf.net

Heard Troon was taking it over...they manage fabulous courses!!

vandenberg - 11-6-2005 at 04:16 PM

Hey Tom,

Quit advertising, we like it the way it is. Bad enough when the freebees knock balls through my windows:mad::mad::spingrin::spingrin:

backninedan - 4-4-2006 at 09:25 AM

Check the article concerning the Loreto course in the current gringo gazette, funny and accurate.

vandenberg - 4-4-2006 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Check the article concerning the Loreto course in the current gringo gazette, funny and accurate.

Page 17

Cincodemayo - 4-4-2006 at 10:30 AM

Something is actually accurate in that Rag??:moon:

vandenberg - 4-4-2006 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
Something is actually accurate in that Rag??:moon:

No, not anywhere near. But the cows and goats do actually roam the place. See them every day and they give a nice country feel to the place, and they and their watch dogs are harmless. Hit a billy with a golfball this morning. On the bounce though, not on the fly. Hardly got his attention.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cincodemayo - 4-4-2006 at 02:42 PM

Those dang goats will eat anything...even your Tittleist!
Must certainly be getting awesome weather down that way by now? Hopefully will be down Cinco de Mayo time.

[Edited on 4-4-2006 by Cincodemayo]

Golf course

tehag - 4-4-2006 at 03:42 PM

The GG article has some truth in it, although it is presented in a typical GG manner: sensationalized as much as possible to where any hint of veracity becomes immaterial. GG, Enquirer, Star, etc.

Fine way to speak of the best golf course for hundreds of miles.

Golf page 17????

Garry - 4-5-2006 at 07:56 AM

Hola All, I dont see anything about Golf on page 17?????

Coyote Bay Invitational

Pompano - 4-7-2006 at 06:16 PM

Announcing the first annual chipping tournament in Baja.

Rules: Players are not allowed to bring personal dog 'chips'.

Prizes will be awardes for farthest 'chip' lofted into the Bay.

Hint: hit only hard chips.

I can fix that slice

Dave - 4-7-2006 at 06:33 PM

Close your stance and strengthen your grip.

And keep your d*** head down.

Pompano - 4-7-2006 at 06:51 PM

Dave...I am opening my stance to develop my slice and I haven't seen my feet for 12 years.

Loreto Bay Golf

jcurland - 4-8-2006 at 06:44 AM

I play there quite often. The article in the Gringo Gaz. is fairly accurate. It is the only course around and if you show you live in Loreto you can walk it for $26 bucks! They want to see a utility bill.

Want some golf clubs?

Pompano - 4-8-2006 at 07:05 AM

I brought these to Baja many years ago as a joke....now the joke is on me. We have golf courses...sigh. To me, that's like having a virus or a condo association membership.

Will trade this full set of dog-poop chippers for any good fishing or hunting equipment. Wha-cha-got? Let's do a little horse-trading.

capt. mike - 4-8-2006 at 07:10 AM

$44 to walk.......no cart???????

man, what a rip!!:lol::lol:
even $26 seems high to walk it.
where are the drink cart girlz??

glad i don't golf anymore, i took the 12 step for that and have been "dry" ever since.:cool:

Diver - 4-8-2006 at 07:25 AM

Golf courses are just another place to party !

Golf cart racing, ball hunts, wildlife, beverage girls, snacks...........and beer !!

It's the "golf" part that doesn't really fit in !! :lol:

But when the wind's just right I know they're still attached.

Dave - 4-8-2006 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I haven't seen my feet for 12 years.

I know the feeling. I just take baby steps to avoid stepping on anything important. ;D

tehag - 4-8-2006 at 03:42 PM

Pomp:

That bag of clubs ought to trade even for a forty-foot, braided-nylon drop line with a sinker but no hooks. Maybe throw in an old clam for bait.

Pompano - 4-8-2006 at 05:30 PM

Seems fair enough. Sinker's 10 oz. and made of 24k gold, right?