BajaNomad

Camp Chef 2 burner stove

bajaguy - 4-27-2017 at 08:37 PM

Get a cast iron combo grill/griddle. Can use it over the campfire or on the propane stove.

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LPGI3-Reversible-Griddle-10-44-...

[Edited on 4-28-2017 by bajaguy]

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2017 at 09:20 PM

Primes, Coleman, camp chef,... used 'em all.
They are low tech, and virtually identical,.. suggest you select on price.

bajaguy - 4-27-2017 at 09:23 PM

I hit mine with a swipe of canola oil when heated up and before grilling, easier to get food off when cooked

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Get a cast iron combo grill/griddle. Can use it over the campfire or on the propane stove.

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LPGI3-Reversible-Griddle-10-44-...

[Edited on 4-28-2017 by bajaguy]

Most definitely.... on the list for my trip to San Diego end of May.... probably a dutch oven, too.

bajabuddha - 4-27-2017 at 09:26 PM

I have used a "Partner's Stove" made for river running; indestructible, comes with its' own stand, and also comes with a 'blaster'..... combination propane burner and jet engine on its' own propane lead. The blaster can boil an extra-large cowboy coffee pot in less than 5 minutes, and turn a dutch oven into rubbish if you're not careful (blackened catfish was my specialty). Highly recommended. 4-burner. Have used it from The Salmon and Snake, the Colorado/Green rivers, and Baja. Still as good as new. Research the company, they're the real deal. Also have 2-burners as well, but better to have and not need than need and not have, que no? Happy cooking.
http://www.elementoutfitters.com/Partner-Steel-4-Burner-Fold...

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2017 at 10:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Primes, Coleman, camp chef,... used 'em all.
They are low tech, and virtually identical,.. suggest you select on price.

Thanks, kind of what I am concluding.... I do like the 4 burner suggest above.... looks really functional and well built.

4 burners for one family car camping? If I need a 4 burner stove, I will stay home!

On car camping trips requiring cooking for double-digit crowds, we bring multiple stoves.

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2017 at 10:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I have used a "Partner's Stove" made for river running; indestructible, comes with its' own stand, and also comes with a 'blaster'..... combination propane burner and jet engine on its' own propane lead. The blaster can boil an extra-large cowboy coffee pot in less than 5 minutes, and turn a dutch oven into rubbish if you're not careful (blackened catfish was my specialty). Highly recommended. 4-burner. Have used it from The Salmon and Snake, the Colorado/Green rivers, and Baja. Still as good as new. Research the company, they're the real deal. Also have 2-burners as well, but better to have and not need than need and not have, que no? Happy cooking.
http://www.elementoutfitters.com/Partner-Steel-4-Burner-Fold...

Those deep stove cavities are hard to clean. I prefer the stoves w/o recessed areas.

chuckie - 4-28-2017 at 03:00 AM

Clean?

wilderone - 4-28-2017 at 07:04 AM

$295? Looks like the Coleman he gave away. I found a clean 2-burner Coleman at the thrift store a couple months ago - $12.00. If I need a third burner, I always have a backpacking stove. You can get them for $8.00 from China. I have two - they work great.

chuckie - 4-28-2017 at 07:06 AM

We, my boys and I, seem to have accumulated 1-2-3 and 4 burner stoves, cast iron all. The 4 burner is the least useful and the hardest to regulate . A couple of one burners in a large camp are really handy to keep things hot away from the main cook area make coffee etc...2-3 burners get the most use. I think we have about 7 stoves all told...Most the garden variety Cabelas type...All useful for different reasons and size camps...lotsa fun trying to decide...

woody with a view - 4-28-2017 at 08:17 AM

We had a Camp Chef two burner in Bahia. Tulo saw it and bartered it away from me for some work. Haven't replaced it yet but that sucker put out some heat!

chuckie - 4-28-2017 at 08:22 AM

The Camp Chef "Grill Box" is a must have...

bajaguy - 4-28-2017 at 08:23 AM

I like the idea of a 2 burner "main" stove and one or two single burners. A lot of flexibility with that setup

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
We, my boys and I, seem to have accumulated 1-2-3 and 4 burner stoves, cast iron all. The 4 burner is the least useful and the hardest to regulate . A couple of one burners in a large camp are really handy to keep things hot away from the main cook area make coffee etc...2-3 burners get the most use. I think we have about 7 stoves all told...Most the garden variety Cabelas type...All useful for different reasons and size camps...lotsa fun trying to decide...

Udo - 4-28-2017 at 10:09 AM

When I competed frequently in the chili circuit, I always used three of the single burner Chinese propane stoves. They use the soda-can sized propane bottles, and burn very hot. I still use one of them for making bananas foster table-side.

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
$295? Looks like the Coleman he gave away. I found a clean 2-burner Coleman at the thrift store a couple months ago - $12.00. If I need a third burner, I always have a backpacking stove. You can get them for $8.00 from China. I have two - they work great.

chuckie - 4-28-2017 at 10:12 AM

Matches