c-ckteleria Mazatlan

Bob H - 2-14-2005 at 11:46 AM

Almejas Al Carbon

Camarones mojo de ajo

Pescado Frito

Camarones y Almejas c-cktails

Camarones chicharron

Cerveza frio by the bucket!

Very local - In Ensenada near the bus station (next to a car wash) on 10th y Miramar.

Bob H

DanO - 2-14-2005 at 12:44 PM

Don't forget the pulpo c-cktail and the rockin' Nortena music. Great place.

Also oysters,

Gypsy Jan - 2-14-2005 at 10:50 PM

on the half shell raw or also grilled w/cheese, fabulous.

The restaurant has a large space with a huge (25 feet plus high) palapa roof, a huge and nice, but empty aviary built into one corner and parrots in a small cage by the entry.

We have only eaten there for lunch, and everything we have ordered has been fresh and delicious (although the c-ckteles are better at Mariscos Alegria in Primo Tapia.) It looks like the restaurant becomes a serious party space at night.

Watch your feet when you head for the bathrooms, the hallway is not lit well, and there is an up-and-over concrete barrier and then a disconcerting step down in the hallway.

As an aside to thid subject, my standard introduction to visitors is, "Welcome to Mexico, watch your feet and your head."

I say this to Americans to make the point that nothing is "regular", steps are uneven in height and width, and doorway clearances are never predictable.

After all, this is Baja, the adventure, either great or small. :) :) :)

Bob H - 6-9-2005 at 08:57 PM

We will be here for sure on Saturday, June 11th about 1pm for at least 2 or 3 hours. Can't wait. Hope to see some of you there!
Bob and Audrey H

elgatoloco - 6-9-2005 at 10:16 PM

Have one of those almejas especiales for us!

We are staying home cuz we are celebrating Barb's BD Saturday with the familia. This will be the only third weekend since mid December that we will be home!

We will be down there next weekend! Have reservation for dinner at LAJA Saturday night the 18th!:bounce:

Sallysouth - 6-10-2005 at 10:13 AM

Happy Birthday tomorrow Barb!! :tumble: Mine is Tuesday. Geminis are great, are we not?!!

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Sallysouth]

Happy Birthday Barb.

Keri - 6-10-2005 at 12:53 PM

Have a great time, I hear La Ja is WONDERFUL. Enjoy, k & m:bounce:

Happy Birthday to you also Sally Have a great day,k

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Keri]

David K - 6-10-2005 at 05:30 PM

Happy Birthday Baja Barb and Msal (Sallysouth)!

Baja Angel and I will be at c-ckteleria Mazatlan Saturday with Bob H and Audrey... Amigos, come on over... I will have 'got baja?' stickers if you want one...

Sunday brunch at La Fonda Del Rio's sounds great too... we won't need to eat for a week after all that food!!!

Sallysouth - 6-10-2005 at 08:48 PM

Thanks David! :spingrin:

Anything 'Mazatlan' has got to have something going for it....

Mexray - 6-10-2005 at 10:37 PM

Can't wait to cruise by, next time in town...

I think this is close to 10th & Miramar - maybe those that have been there can pick out some features....

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.871746,-116.620839&spn...

elgatoloco - 6-11-2005 at 06:54 PM

Sallysouth, Keri and David K.
Thanks for the bday wishes-so far it's been pretty good. My swim buddies did a birthday circle for me out at the quarter mile buoy (at La Jolla Cove) and then we had birthday tart (homemade apricot tart- yum!) and coffee and gifts ( I'll NEVER run out of swim caps, now).

Matt's taking me out for Indian food, and hopefully we'll be awake enough to see a movie. Hope your day is special, too, Sally. Hope to meet you one day soon.

Keri- we'll try to stop by to see you next Sunday, with a nice bottle of vino; we need to catch up.

Love, Bajabarb

Bob H - 12-28-2005 at 08:53 AM

We will be here for lunch TODAY! It's beena while so we can't wait to get there. If anyone else is going to be around please join us for a few Pacificos and some great sea food!
Bob H:spingrin::yes:

David K - 12-28-2005 at 09:21 AM

Have a great time... we sure did last time!

If you are going to be there again this Friday... as we are passing through Ensenada on our way to San Felipe (Baja Angel has not been on all of Hwy. 3 yet)... It's a prettier drive than via Mexicali anyway (in the daytime)!