BajaNomad

Christmas Roadtrip south

Mudder - 5-2-2017 at 01:14 PM

¡Hola! I'm new here, and am hoping to tap the collective knowledge, of Baja Nomad. I'm planning a trip to the La Ribera area, next Christmas. I've been following a few threads about convoying, and was wondering if there was a common Muster Location, for convoys, or does every convoy make thier own decision where to get together?

Also, I've noticed that a few posts suggest that a trip from San Diego to Cabo can take two to three days. If I was driving by myself, I could power drive it in two days, but, as I plan to be driving down, with my German Shepherd, I think three days would be a reasonable amount of time to get south. Can anyone suggest a good, safe, pet friendly places to stop,on our trip down?

Any information would be appreciated.

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2017 at 05:04 PM

You could do Jardines in San Quintin the first night and La Huerta in San Ignacio the second. I think La Paz might be good for the 3rd with La Ribera afterwards, but you could do the whole leg in a day with an early start!

Have fun and if you are not in a hurry, visit Bahia Asuncion and then La Bocana (we are off the beaten track!) - we are off highway one and on the Pacific side.

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2017 at 05:06 PM

Where are my manners?

WELCOME TO BAJANOMAD!