BajaNomad

Murders on the rise in Baja and all of Mexico

SFandH - 5-6-2017 at 02:26 PM

Back to drug war levels.

"Mexico has surpassed 2,000 murders in a month for the first time since the summer of 2011, and had more murders in the first quarter of 2017 than in the start of any year in at least two decades.

For January through March, the total was 5,775 murders, up 29 percent from the same three months last year. Guerrero, Baja California and Baja California Sur were among states that saw jumps in March."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/21/mexico-sees-2020-mur...

[Edited on 5-6-2017 by SFandH]

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2017 at 02:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Back to drug war levels.

"Mexico has surpassed 2,000 murders in a month for the first time since the summer of 2011, and had more murders in the first quarter of 2017 than in the start of any year in at least two decades.

For January through March, the total was 5,775 murders, up 29 percent from the same three months last year. Guerrero, Baja California and Baja California Sur were among states that saw jumps in March."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/21/mexico-sees-2020-mur...

You cite Fox News?
Fox is like trump, spews lies about Mexico because it appeals to the audience of deplorables. Please cite a real news organization!

SFandH - 5-6-2017 at 02:36 PM

I hear ya. I hesitated before posting because of the source, especially because that article was in their "Build the Wall and Cut Taxes on the Rich" section. :biggrin:

chuckie - 5-6-2017 at 02:41 PM

Not only Fox news...

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2017 at 02:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Not only Fox news...

Perhaps. But we should all agree to not watch Fox as it is propaganda arm of the GOP, and the news room has institutionalized sexism, harassment of female employees, etc.

chuckie - 5-6-2017 at 02:55 PM

You must watch it a lot? Try something else ....AND whatis this" perhaps" bullchit? FACT

SFandH - 5-6-2017 at 02:58 PM

OK, here's another, less controversial source:

Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs

http://www.businessinsider.com/mexico-violence-monthly-homic...

The article includes an informative year vs. murders graph.

What's new this time around is the murder rate in the BCS cities.

"Baja California Sur had the biggest year-on-year percentage increase during the first quarter of 2017, with 133 homicide cases, spiking 682% from the 17 it had during the same period in 2016."

chuckie - 5-6-2017 at 03:24 PM

MTGOAT666 is one of the most hateful people on this forum and JJJ generally lives under rock in the OFF TOPIC section and some people accept THEM as Oracles of the truth? Got your heads up ypur burro...

JoeJustJoe - 5-6-2017 at 03:51 PM

OK, here's another, less controversial source:

Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs

http://www.businessinsider.com/mexico-violence-monthly-homic...

The article includes an informative year vs. murders graph.

What's new this time around is the murder rate in the BCS cities.

"Baja California Sur had the biggest year-on-year percentage increase during the first quarter of 2017, with 133 homicide cases, spiking 682% from the 17 it had during the same period in 2016."

Try again, The "Business Insider" is a German owned rag, with an disgraced white collar criminal editor, Henry Blodget, who used to be an Internet analyst during the dot-com era, and is one of the reasons why the US economy crashed.

I wouldn't believe a thing coming anything to do with Henry Blodget, unless I wanted to lose money

The "Business Insider" rarely does it own research, and takes from other media outlets.

SFandH - 5-6-2017 at 04:03 PM

Just use google, you'll find all sorts of references to the increased murder rate in Mexico.

How about National Public Radio:

"With Murders On The Rise, 2017 On Track To Be One Of Mexico's Deadliest Years"

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/04/04/522621303/w...

chuckie - 5-6-2017 at 04:09 PM

English is not JJJ 's forte...Nor is the truth...

mikeymarlin - 5-6-2017 at 06:09 PM

go get -em CHUCKIE----right on---

chuckie - 5-6-2017 at 06:25 PM

JJJ also known as Jihad Jay Ezzedine Salman lives on lies and bullchit. If you want to waste your time, you can go to the "off topics" section of this forum and read his slander...He has claimed to be Lebanese or Born in in Mexico or a naturalized US citizen..take your pick..Nothing he says is believable...POS

Lee - 5-6-2017 at 06:58 PM

JJJ also known as Jihad Jay Ezzedine Salman lives on lies and bullchit. If you want to waste your time, you can go to the "off topics" section of this forum and read his slander...He has claimed to be Lebanese or Born in in Mexico or a naturalized US citizen..take your pick..Nothing he says is believable...POS

I'm starting to worry about chuck. Take a breath?

SFandH - 5-6-2017 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I hear ya. I hesitated before posting because of the source, especially because that article was in their "Build the Wall and Cut Taxes on the Rich" section. :biggrin:

To a liberal, anyone with a job is 'rich', huh?:lol:

Of course not. "Rich" is a pretty loose term. I'd say it starts at an annual income of $200K.

rts551 - 5-6-2017 at 07:34 PM

To a liberal, anyone with a job is 'rich', huh?:lol:

And there are others without a job that whine the most..

David K - 5-6-2017 at 07:37 PM

Well, the tax cuts are for working people who actually pay taxes. So, when you say tax cuts are for the rich, then rich becomes anyone who pays taxes.

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2017 at 08:37 PM

Well, the tax cuts are for working people who actually pay taxes. So, when you say tax cuts are for the rich, then rich becomes anyone who pays taxes.

What tax cuts? The only taxes voted on yet was yesterday, when the congress voted yes on a bill with tax cuts only for those making over 200k paid for by health care cuts for poor and middle class and elders. The senate will not vote to approve trumpcare (i.e. 'Dontcare" with its death pools) put forth by house.
Dk, you be a fool!

DanO - 5-6-2017 at 08:54 PM

Please explain in actual economic terms based on the language of the bill and its context how much it will save someone in your bracket from taxes. I want numbers. Otherwise, you are as usual full of crap.

bajabuddha - 5-6-2017 at 09:39 PM

DK's politics as usual are a case of the blind leading the blind, and I don't mean he's leading by example or by direction.

wessongroup - 5-6-2017 at 09:42 PM

Sad to see ... just saying

JoeJustJoe - 5-7-2017 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

I'm starting to worry about chuck. Take a breath?

It appears that old age or past drug use is catching up with Chuckles the Clown.

And for some reason Chuckles, gets furious just furious, if you don't share his same fears of Mexico.

joerover - 5-7-2017 at 05:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Perhaps. But we should all agree to not watch Fox as it is propaganda arm of the GOP

He is being to polite.

Why not tell them the cold cruel truth, instead of this sugar coated version.

aguachico - 5-9-2017 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

You cite Fox News?
Fox is like trump, spews lies about Mexico because it appeals to the audience of deplorables. Please cite a real news organization!

Here's some real "fake" news from the clinton news network.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/americas/mexico-second-deadlie...

chuckie - 5-9-2017 at 05:00 PM

Come on JZ, Tell us how safe it is....Hope you found a place to hide after dark in San Quiintin...You wimp...

Pescador - 5-11-2017 at 07:32 AM

Just out http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/05/10/mexico-ranked-seco...

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mx-second-to-syria-for-deadl...

[Edited on 5-12-2017 by Pescador]

Bad News is GOOD ?

MrBillM - 5-14-2017 at 09:05 PM

I've never understood the "defensive" attitude adopted by many.

Having always been one who subscribes to the possibility that saying negative things about places that I like just may discourage others from going there.

Admittedly, I've never seen any evidence that it's worked.

I've bad-mouthed every place that I've ever lived and they have still grown regardless.

STILL, Given the choice ................... It's worth the little effort expended.

BajaTed - 5-17-2017 at 02:26 PM

Back to the subject of the post

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/worries-over-violence-are-ju...

BajaTed - 5-17-2017 at 02:38 PM

Forgot to add:

Last time they tried to put a military base in TJ they were hanging dismembered corpses from the bridges by the army base.

I really don't want to go back to that crap shoot when you take the libre to Rosarito.

BUT, the roads are WAY better than back then, the Tortas @ El Trailero are still the same and so are the banana daiquiris at La Fonda ( I do miss Dimitri though)