BajaNomad

Immigration San Felipe

LaTijereta - 5-7-2017 at 03:25 PM

Where is the immigration office in San Felipe?... and when it would be open on Monday...

mjs - 5-7-2017 at 06:04 PM

On the east side of the traffic circle, just north of the Pemex.

David K - 5-7-2017 at 06:19 PM

Did they reopen it?

did they ever close?

akshadow - 5-7-2017 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Did they reopen it?

when did they close it?

David K - 5-7-2017 at 07:42 PM

Several years ago it was reported closed, people went to the airport, and were eventually told all tourist cards had to be obrained at the border. Not sure about the othe INM services. I looked for it where it used to be and didn't see it there anymore. North-west corner of traffic circle.

PaulW - 5-8-2017 at 06:40 AM

Location of SF Emigration. Been there for a long time - at least 15 years. They close the gate when the building door up the stairs is locked. FMMs have to be obtained at the border.

SF Imigration.jpg - 130kB

LaTijereta - 5-8-2017 at 08:12 AM

In this case the border IMM office (San Luis) was closed on Sunday.. If not at San Felipe.. what about GN at the border with BCS?..

David K - 5-8-2017 at 08:32 AM

That one has been closed the past few times through.
As Paul confirms, FMM for car travelers must be obtained when you enter Mexico now... no more 'border zone' to Maneadero or San Felipe.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by David K]

BajaMama - 5-8-2017 at 03:31 PM

I thought the new law was you had to get your FMM stamped at the border. That's why they closed the Ensenada office... or so I thought. I could be wrong it has happened before LOL

bajaguy - 5-8-2017 at 04:01 PM

The Ensenada INM office is not closed, it just moved

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
I thought the new law was you had to get your FMM stamped at the border. That's why they closed the Ensenada office... or so I thought. I could be wrong it has happened before LOL

meme - 5-9-2017 at 09:06 AM

You cannot get Fmm stamped in SF. They have not been able to stamp for several years. The office is located just where it has always been at the circle. Yes he gate at the bottom of steps is locked if they are not open at the building.

BajaMama - 5-9-2017 at 01:54 PM

I did a little research h - according to Baja Bound and Discover Baja you must get your FMM stamped at the border even if you bought it online or through a travel agency/club (I get mine through Vagabundos del Mar). You cannot get it stamped further south. The immigration offices in Ensenada, etc. who issue FMMs do it for boat travelers arriving into Mexico.