BajaNomad

It's Mother's Day 2017

BajaBlanca - 5-10-2017 at 09:23 AM

There are times here in La Bocana where I realize how very happy and how very lucky I am to live such a blessed Life.

Today is one of those days. At 5 am, the local sub-delegado came by with the song Las Mañanitas blaring on a loudspeaker. I jumped out of bed, threw on a robe, went to the livingroom window and waved. The song played a bit and then he went on his way to honor other mom's in town. I went back to bed!

A couple hours later, I got up and just like every year, Les had already gone to get my incredible bouquet!!!!

Flowers

Then he made me breakfast - his special Polish crepes called Naeshliki. In Poland you can order them for breakfast, lunch or dinner in any restaurant. Oh soooo delicious.

Breakfast

Yesterday, one of my students brought me this painting that the 8th grade class put together for me:

Class painting

The tradition here in town is that the local fishing cooperative puts on a huge party for all the mom's in town. It will begin today at 1 pm and will end tomorrow at say .....about......11 am. I am completely serious hahaha We party hard and here is the beauty of it all: no men are allowed except those who are making our lunch and serving us. Lunch is provided, unlimited beer is provided, non-stop music is provided.

Now....most ladies bring tequila because they are not into the beer. Boy was I surprised the first time I went, years and years ago. In their own bags, all the women bring really delicious snacks and wine and tequila. Last year we ran out of wine and had my friend Cyndi's husband bring us more LOL

Here are the photos that tell the story of 2016.

The party

Our lunch

Pineapple

and here I am with one of my very best friends. Notice I am drinking water - this was the START of the party! I must say, Mother's day in Mexico is very wonderful. For those of us whose kids are far away, we can spend a day laughing, eating, drinking with friends.

Minerva and I

HAPPY MOM'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE

woody with a view - 5-10-2017 at 09:28 AM

Where would we be without moms? Love ya, Mom!

carlosg - 5-10-2017 at 09:40 AM

FELICIDADES a Todas las QUERIDÍSIMAS MAMÁS donde sea que se encuentren... Gracias por la Vida.

Happy Mother's Day to every Mom wherever you may be... Thanks for our lives.

What a Wonderful Celebration!

GypsyJan - 5-10-2017 at 06:57 PM

BajaBlanca, you truly live a in great community

bajabuddha - 5-10-2017 at 08:57 PM

I nominate Blanca for Honorary Board Mom. HMD, BB !

BajaBlanca - 5-11-2017 at 09:59 AM

hahaha I can hardly move today, I danced and danced and danced some more!

Thanks for the mother's day nomination. I sure have a lot of kids!