BajaNomad

Ensenada Costco

Nappo - 5-11-2017 at 10:10 PM

Looking for info on the Costco in Ensenada. What brands of beer do they carry? Vodka and whiskey brands? What about sandwich meats - I know the Costco here has some in Kirkland products, but more premium meats in another section. Also, what about quality of chicken (not the rotisserie one) and what about steaks...bottled water - the big packs? thx for your input.

mtgoat666 - 5-11-2017 at 10:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nappo  
Looking for info on the Costco in Ensenada. What brands of beer do they carry? Vodka and whiskey brands? What about sandwich meats - I know the Costco here has some in Kirkland products, but more premium meats in another section. Also, what about quality of chicken (not the rotisserie one) and what about steaks...bottled water - the big packs? thx for your input.

Costco has good selection, good quality. If you can't find it at Costco, there are several other large groceries nearby. You ask too many questions to answer individually!

woody with a view - 5-12-2017 at 06:51 AM

They have everything, mostly!

Udo - 5-12-2017 at 12:04 PM

Costco's prices on alcoholic beverages traditionally cost about 25% less than the equal item in the USA.

Jus as an example for a reference point:

Tequila Don Julio 1942 sells for about $72.00 USD, depending on exchange.
The same thing at Total Wine and More is $96.00 USD.

TedZark - 5-14-2017 at 01:24 PM

They have almost everything. If you can't find it there then the Commercial Mexicana - just changed to Soriana Hiper - right next door will have it.

Costco does not tend to have Mexican vodka - Oso Nego - but the Soriana will have it.

pacificobob - 5-15-2017 at 09:15 AM

here in south baja, if you are not buying your adult beverages at costco you are likely paying too much. ...the exception is beer. i have developed a fondness for kirkland tequila reposada....i can't afford not to like it!

TedZark - 5-15-2017 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
...I have developed a fondness for kirkland tequila reposada...

Which some people (in the know...) say is Grey Goose. Maybe the stuff they spilled on the floor and sucked up with the shop vac. But hey, alcohol can cleanse anything, no?

I like it. Yummy!

willardguy - 5-15-2017 at 01:54 PM

darn...now im jonesing for a hot dog!:P

Hook - 5-15-2017 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Costco's prices on alcoholic beverages traditionally cost about 25% less than the equal item in the USA.

This is ALMOST COMPLETELY INCORRECT.

And why are you comparing Costco prices to Total Wine? Apples and agaves.

Virtually everything is MORE than the equivalent alcoholic item in the States.

BTW, I have only seen the excellent Kirkland Sonoma County Chardonnay at our Costco in Hermosillo ONCE. That was about two years ago. Do you guys get it in the Ensenada Costco?

mtgoat666 - 5-15-2017 at 05:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

This is ALMOST COMPLETELY INCORRECT.

And why are you comparing Costco prices to Total Wine? Apples and agaves.

Virtually everything is MORE than the equivalent alcoholic item in the States.

BTW, I have only seen the excellent Kirkland Sonoma County Chardonnay at our Costco in Hermosillo ONCE. That was about two years ago. Do you guys get it in the Ensenada Costco?

I think udo is talking about USA South Dakota prices, eh? :lol:

FYI, here in California, I think USA (socal) prices are lower than Mexico. If you are alcoholic on a budget, I suggest you shop for your fix in the USA.

woody with a view - 5-15-2017 at 06:42 PM

Its all about volumn.

Hook - 5-17-2017 at 08:01 AM

Yeah, he is confusing the Kirkland Vodka (the non-American one) with the Kirkland Tequila. I think that one IS Grey Goose............which is actually a pretty bitter vodka. I prefer the American one.

BajaMama - 5-20-2017 at 06:22 AM

I prefer my quota of importable alcohol to be in the form of fine wine, so I buy the "hard" stuff (limited to rum and tequila) at the Costco. From memory I don't think it is more at Costco/Ensenada but I will be there Monday so I will check! I can get a 750 ml bottle of Bacardi in Nor Cal for about $11, a decent bottle of anejo/reposado for about $45 (both sale prices of course).