BajaNomad

thank you Ryan Dungey

willardguy - 5-16-2017 at 01:58 PM

well its official, when the gate drops saturday at Hangtown the Dunge will be home with the family, talk about a great career and ambassador to the sport!:bounce:

ehall - 5-16-2017 at 02:04 PM

Going out on top. Way to go.

del mar - 5-16-2017 at 02:48 PM

now watch out for the Chupacabre! ;)

TMW - 5-16-2017 at 06:42 PM

Ryan Dungey has always trained hard and ridden hard, never giving up. With his many championships it is good to go out on top.

SX and MX is a dangerous sport where one crash can end a career, cripple you or kill you. It is fun to watch and fun to participate in. Wishing RD the very best in the future.

blackwolfmt - 5-16-2017 at 07:05 PM

Dungey Rocks , watched him his whole career great to see another SX champ retire on the top of his game

But got to give mad Props to ELI won 10 races and if he didn't go down in that corner prob would have taken the championship, What a great supercross season no doubt, ready for the Pro MX season to start soon

mcnut - 5-16-2017 at 07:05 PM

Wonderful career and enjoyed watching it. A real class act and smart.
Now perhaps we enter the Tolmac phase.
Bruce

fishbuck - 5-16-2017 at 07:17 PM

The man made his mark on the sport. And with class. My hero.

honda tom - 5-18-2017 at 11:51 PM

dungey was a great rider but could not keep up with Tomac. The race that the French rider on the KTM pulled over (by orders from KTM) for dungey sealed the championship. I don't think dungey wanted to be embarrassed by Tomac winning another 10 out of 14. Tomac was the best rider of the season...... the company men decided the #1 plate.

mcnut - 5-19-2017 at 08:25 AM

Not sure I agree with that. Didn't see the race where his team let him by yet (recorded) but in Vegas Dungey only needed something like a 4th or better even if Tolmac won
Dungey could have cruised but instead Tolmac and Dungey raced very hard with Dungey being faster on the night (3 clean passes for the lead) passing Tolmac (3 dirty/block?) passes) with speed.
Tolmac through a hard block pass on Dungey while Dungey was leading a couple turns from the finnish knowing full well the spot would not give him the championship which IMO totally lacked class. In the process Dungey lost a couple places with no laps to recover but won the championship anyway.

Tolmac's classless next to last turn hard block pass on Dungey for a position which would not give Tolmac the title was rediculass.
Musquin was not the difference.

Bruce

blackwolfmt - 5-19-2017 at 08:53 AM

TOMAC not Tolmac, as far as classless it's supercross and block passing is part of the game been going on since day 1

TMW - 5-19-2017 at 10:08 AM

No doubt Tomac is the faster racer but early mistakes and problems cost him and he did not have a very good race next to the last race. Some even think he may have choked under pressure. I think it was a learning experience. However the big picture moving forward is Ken Roczen and how he will come back from that terrible crash that ended his season this year.

There are some really good young guns on the rise and I think Cooper Webb is one to watch.

willardguy - 5-19-2017 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
No doubt Tomac is the faster racer but early mistakes and problems cost him and he did not have a very good race next to the last race. Some even think he may have choked under pressure. I think it was a learning experience. However the big picture moving forward is Ken Roczen and how he will come back from that terrible crash that ended his season this year.

There are some really good young guns on the rise and I think Cooper Webb is one to watch.

and don't count out blake baggett...redbull would be smart to bring him in and say adios to canard!
gate drops tomorrow at 1pm!:yes:

(and I don't see eli making it thru the season healthy)

[Edited on 5-19-2017 by willardguy]

blackwolfmt - 5-20-2017 at 06:48 PM

Hope you enjoyed watchin ELI kick azz Willardguy wish I could have been there IMO its going to be an Eli ,, Marvin, kinda season barring any injuries

TMW - 5-21-2017 at 07:20 AM

A kid to watch in the 250 class is Austin Forkner. I think he is only 17 and he's making a name for himself in both SX and MX.