BajaNomad

Bad bus accident near Santa Rosalia

Bajame - 5-24-2017 at 06:53 PM

We were talking with some students from Tijuana on a bus trip to La Paz I believe . They were high school students who stopped here in San Ignacio to see the town , There were two busses and on the steep hill heading to Santa Rosalia one bus had brake trouble and went off the road . One child is dead , 3 or more in critical condition and 41 injured . You will need to find out more from the Mexican press . Love and prayers to all those involved .

BajaBlanca - 5-24-2017 at 07:33 PM

Oh my gosh, how incredibly sad! So preventable, all they had to do was maintain the brakes.

bajaguy - 5-24-2017 at 07:40 PM

http://www.ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=49193

http://www.elvigia.net/911/2017/5/24/accidentan-estudiantes-...

[Edited on 5-25-2017 by bajaguy]

High speed

alacran - 5-25-2017 at 06:37 PM

A couple of months ago, leaving Loreto going North, I was pushing 80 MPH, and an Aquila bus still passed me, scary yes....

bajadogs - 5-25-2017 at 08:13 PM

They push way too hard. This is so preventable. I don't even try to keep up with them on my motorcycle and I get off the road if I see them in my rear view mirrors. Shameful.

weebray - 5-26-2017 at 12:36 PM

As you all have said this is an extremely tragic story. That steep curvy grade has claimed too many people. They have improved it greatly but without brakes your choices are slim. Unlike several have commented I have noticed, over the last few years, a vast improvement in driving safety by the bus lines. They have slowed down a lot and I rarely am passed by them. Most of the time I drive at about 65 and have done so for over 30 years. In the old days I could always count on getting passed by a few busses. I must assume the drivers have been given more time to complete their route. That is commendable.

PaulW - 5-26-2017 at 02:56 PM

Another good reason to complete the road south from San Ignacio ajus because of that hill

chuckie - 5-26-2017 at 03:31 PM

Are u 4 real , buolder boy?