BajaNomad

accomodation GN

spoon_the_geezer - 5-27-2017 at 11:47 AM

HI folks new member here. first time driving to cabo from bc. in November.having a hard time finding a hotel/motel in guerro negro. tried e-mailing 2 places, no response. Wife has looked at trip advisor etc and all places seem like dumps. Surely not, but which one.
thanks , mike.

fishbuck - 5-27-2017 at 01:12 PM

There is always La Pinta or maybe called Desert Inn now.

honda tom - 5-27-2017 at 01:19 PM

hotel malarrimo. third hotel on right when heading into town. have stayed here a few times and it was nice by GN standards.
woukd suggest pushing on to San Ignacio....

Correct link added!

AKgringo - 5-27-2017 at 01:22 PM

There was this recent review;

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86206

And by the way, welcome to the forum!

edited to correct the link

[Edited on 5-28-2017 by AKgringo]

danaeb - 5-27-2017 at 01:36 PM

Since this is your first drive, I would stay in Catavina. It is one of the most beautiful desert landscapes in Baja. Check out the Hotel Mision:
http://www.hotelmisioncatavina.com/

[Edited on 5-27-2017 by danaeb]

Chup - 5-27-2017 at 01:49 PM

Hotel Mission is a nice place, but, is a bit overpriced. In GN, try Hotel TerraSal. Very reasonable price and with nice/clean rooms. It's right off 1 at the bend turning east

BajaBlanca - 5-27-2017 at 05:04 PM

I definitely second the vote for TERRA SAL.

It is relatively new and therefore pristine.

When we were there, we were not impressed with the restaurant. We do enjoy the filet mignon at Malarrimo (just down the street). I know you are probably coming for fish.

Address: Blvd.Emiliano Zapata s/n, Col. Fundo Legal, 23940 Guerrero Negro, B.C.S.
Phone: 615 157 0133

spoon_the_geezer - 5-27-2017 at 05:48 PM

thanks y'all. its malarimmo which is not responding, if we push on it would be in darkness., and we're reluctant to drive at night.
As for the terra sal the website is in Spanish but I may be able to decipher it with a Spanish dictionary.
do the folks at terra sal speak gringo if so might as well call them.

AKgringo - 5-27-2017 at 06:04 PM

I did not check the faulty link in my earlier post, I will put it here as well.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86206

bajagrouper - 5-27-2017 at 07:04 PM

I liked the CowboyHotel on the left as you enter town......

mtgoat666 - 5-27-2017 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by spoon_the_geezer  
thanks y'all. its malarimmo which is not responding, if we push on it would be in darkness., and we're reluctant to drive at night.
As for the terra sal the website is in Spanish but I may be able to decipher it with a Spanish dictionary.
do the folks at terra sal speak gringo if so might as well call them.

Calling is best way to get reservation.

Lee - 5-27-2017 at 10:27 PM

Terra Sal front desk speaks English. They respond to emails wanting reservations. Short of a major holiday, they won't fill up -- don't worry about not having a reservation.