BajaNomad

TJ Consulate

Keri - 2-16-2005 at 08:12 AM

Anyone have an email address .A friend who lives in Loreto needs to renew her passport in Mexico and needs information,k:?:

Bruce R Leech - 2-16-2005 at 08:21 AM

she can get all the info. she needs here

http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/tijuana/Tenglish.htm

Thanks Bruce,

Keri - 2-16-2005 at 06:02 PM

I passed on the info. We hope to see you sometime next week. k:yes:

Bruce R Leech - 2-16-2005 at 07:21 PM

grate lets git drunk. try to let us know a good night to go out on the town with you and Mike

Braulio - 2-17-2005 at 09:19 AM

The US consulate in TJ is about as useful as hind ti...well...they're not very useful.

Much better to deal with things stateside if possible.

IMHO.

Bruce R Leech - 2-17-2005 at 10:17 AM

It only took me 30 minuets to renew my passport in T.J.

Braulio - 2-17-2005 at 01:32 PM

BTW Bruce - since you've been through the procedure - how exactly do you get the new passport? I understand you make an appointment to file the papers for renewal - but then do you have to return to the Consulate in a couple of weeks or do they mail you the new passport within Mexico?

Just curious.

Can they do all this from the agency in Cabo?

Thanks.

Passport

gailnloreto - 2-27-2005 at 10:08 AM

Does anyone have the current info for the consulate in Cabo. I need to renew my passport before march 27 and I live in Loreto ,I have immagrante status.Thanks, gail

Passport

bajalou - 2-27-2005 at 05:30 PM

Havent tried it yet myself, but will this summer. A year ago, a representative of the consulate was in San Felipe and said that US residents of Baja Calif. could get passports renewed in 1 day. That included receiving the new passport. Like I said, I'll test it out this year.

:biggrin:

lizard lips - 3-1-2005 at 07:05 PM

The TJ office is only good for passports. They will not release info. and will not help with offences comitted by US citizens.

Braulio - 3-2-2005 at 07:00 PM

My hi ti remark still stands --- as does my question - how do they get you the new passport? Do they mail it to you within Mexico - or do you have have to return to the consulate to pick it up?

Bruce R Leech - 3-2-2005 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Braulio
BTW Bruce - since you've been through the procedure - how exactly do you get the new passport? I understand you make an appointment to file the papers for renewal - but then do you have to return to the Consulate in a couple of weeks or do they mail you the new passport within Mexico?

Just curious.

Can they do all this from the agency in Cabo?

Thanks.

no you don't need appointment . and They sent my passport via Baja PAC. 2 weeks

[Edited on 3-3-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Braulio - 3-2-2005 at 07:45 PM

So in other words - if you live near a city with an agency (Cabo or San Felipe) - there's really no need to go to TJ?

bajalou - 3-2-2005 at 07:54 PM

No agency in San Felipe, the rep just came over and made a presentation of what they do to a local meeting.

:biggrin: