BajaNomad

Crossing through SENTRI with dogs

koko - 6-6-2017 at 10:57 AM

Is there any restrictions going through SENTRI with my 2 dogs. The GOES website does not give me too much information, so I'm looking for some first hand knowledge/experiences

BajaGeoff - 6-6-2017 at 02:08 PM

We have never had any problems taking our dogs through SENTRI. Just make sure you have current shot paperwork and/or an international health certificate for them. They rarely ask for the dog papers but it is always good to have them.

soylent_green - 6-6-2017 at 02:09 PM

i cross with them all the time. Maybe 3-4 times a month.The non-SENTRI family members walk but my trusty dogs ride.

I even take them to the dog groomer in TJ and the vet in Ensenada
I carry their shot cards but never once asked to show it.

billklaser - 6-7-2017 at 07:09 AM

Been crossing with a Doberman for about 7 years now in Sentri. Never had an issue. He always sticks his head out my driver side window at the Sentri booth to see what is going on..... I do keep my dogs file with all shot and vet records in the truck, never been asked anything yet.

BajaMama - 6-10-2017 at 06:50 AM

Ditto, I cross with my dog every time, I have his shot records hands and he wears a license from the city in CA where I live. Never been asked for anything but they agent always wants to talk to him.

baconjr - 6-28-2017 at 07:31 PM

I have been asked and when we didn't have the papers the guard told us in no uncertain terms we hereto have those documents. Never have been asked since.