BajaNomad

New TVs and Dish Network coming to Baja Cactus, El Rosario

David K - 6-7-2017 at 08:30 PM

Arrived today and found Antonio programming a brand new, big flat screen TV in my room. Over the next few days, all of the newer rooms will have large Samsung flat screen tvs. The current satellite system with 12 channels will be upgraded to Dish Network with over 60 channels including music. Don't worry, the volume is limited! The new system will be sharp and clear, as well.

More good news: Antonio (BajaCactus) has finally gotten the engineering work done for the future restaurant here. It will be built between the Pemex and motel. Antonio wants a top chef in charge for a true restaurant experience using local-Baja seafood and ingredients. The construction start was delayed due to previous engineering companies not delivering. El Rosario is just so far from most.
For those who have heard trucks here, the restaurant will be a sound wall for the rooms closest to the highway.
I have yet to hear one Jake Brake tonight as I sit here in my room.
Ok, back to your regular programming!

Bajaboy - 6-7-2017 at 08:48 PM

I'm happy for Antonio. Glad things are working out for him.

David K - 6-7-2017 at 09:04 PM

It was beautiful in Asuncion the past two days. I am sure you want to get back soon.

David K - 6-7-2017 at 09:51 PM

An other note, and something that was done a couple months ago, all the bulbs have been changed to L.E.D. and many will appreciate the brighter lighting choice in the new rooms (well, new from 2004).

chuckie - 6-8-2017 at 07:23 AM

I guess that's good, if the purpose of a visit Baja is to watch TV...

David K - 6-8-2017 at 07:36 AM

There is a sleep timer on the remote which is nice to fall asleep with. Just nice comfort features and no raised pricing. I told Antonio about the Paraiso Colonet hotel thread and he said he doesn't change his rates during events. Only good surprises here.

chuckie - 6-8-2017 at 07:43 AM

Antonio is a great guy, and runs a great house..

David K - 6-8-2017 at 07:57 AM

It is nice to have such a comfortable oasis during a long road trip. There is also much to see and do around here to make Baja Cactus a base camp.
The La Huerta in San Ignacio is another similar type hotel/motel.
In Guerrero Negro, Shari said the Baja Oasis is the new ticket, one block north of the main street. The other places have had ownership or staffing issues since the days of their brief greatness. Keeps us on our toes here on the Accommodations forum!