BajaNomad

Costa Azul rockcrawling in Jeep

Ken Cooke - 6-17-2017 at 08:20 AM

I'm spending the weekend here in Playas de Tijuana and I came across a set of boulders that I couldn't pass up!

ehall - 6-18-2017 at 05:23 AM

Nice to see someone is staying cool. 110 here yesterday. It looks almost cold on that beach.

Ken Cooke - 6-18-2017 at 06:57 AM

Last night, Leidys and I were cold. The coast is where it's at, and we'll be sad to leave tomorrow..

TMW - 6-18-2017 at 09:53 AM

Good for you Ken. I love being near the ocean just listening to the waves.

Ken Cooke - 6-18-2017 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Good for you Ken. I love being near the ocean just listening to the waves.

It was a great day for that yesterday.

David K - 6-18-2017 at 10:24 AM

When are you guys ready to go back to a less populated beach?

ehall - 6-18-2017 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Last night, Leidys and I were cold. The coast is where it's at, and we'll be sad to leave tomorrow..

X2 I love the ocean and can't wait to retire and spend more time there.

Howard - 6-18-2017 at 11:49 AM

Living near the ocean it can get damp, misty, foggy, rainy and windy.

What a small price to pay for paradise.

Work hard so you can play harder later!

Damn, life is good!

Rock crawling?

AKgringo - 6-18-2017 at 02:14 PM

Glad to see that you folks got to the beach, but that's not much of a crawl. It looks like you parked it where you can search for where the oil is leaking from this time! :lol: (smilie added so I look less like a troll)

I plan on heading to the beach myself next Sunday the 25th, if the weather co-operates. It will be just a little north of you, about six miles south of Ninilchik AK.

It should be good for digging razor clams, high tide is right at 23 feet, and the low is minus six feet! Maybe this time I will get around to taking and posting pictures.

By the way, it is 56 degrees today, sunset at 11:42, sunrise at 4:20!

[Edited on 6-18-2017 by AKgringo]

mtgoat666 - 6-18-2017 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
I'm spending the weekend here in Playas de Tijuana and I came across a set of boulders that I couldn't pass up!

if your jeep could not pass them up, looks like it would have been easy to drive around them.

Ken Cooke - 6-18-2017 at 04:28 PM

@David K - This early in the morning, the beach was completely devoid of people.
@ AKgringo - If you need 4lo and your oil pan is vulnerable, it's rockcrawling.
@Ed Hall - The temperature here is cool, and the prices here are very affordable!
@Howard - I don't care what the forum consensus is, being just south of San Diego is as great place to be in the summertime.
@MointainGoat - That is exactly what my wife would have asked me to do.