BajaNomad

RIP Mason

Russ - 6-21-2017 at 11:30 AM

I had to let my best friend go this morning. 13 good years

SFandH - 6-21-2017 at 11:49 AM

Ouch, that's a painful thing to deal with.

I'm sad with you.

Don Jorge - 6-21-2017 at 11:52 AM

That'a a tough one. Sorry your best friend is gone.

13 years with a Chocolate Lab to lie by and on your feet is a pretty good run. Best friend indeed.

Adios Mason.

Howard - 6-21-2017 at 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear about that. As we know, time heals all wounds and some day another pooch will have a lucky companion like you.
I know its the last thing on your mind right now but when it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

woody with a view - 6-21-2017 at 12:08 PM

Mason had a good friend. He couldn't ask for more than that!

AKgringo - 6-21-2017 at 12:14 PM

I did not get a chance to meet you last November, but I met Mason. He was a 'good old dog', and tried to convince me that he was on guard duty, but that didn't last long.

My rowdy youngster was a little too much for his energy level, but your neighbor's dog (Bo) romped with my girl while Mason and I watched.

I know what you are going through right now, I lost my fifteen year old constant companion in the year before that trip, and I still miss her! I am so sorry to hear that Mason has passed.

rts551 - 6-21-2017 at 12:15 PM

Always a hard one. Think about all the times you had...and before you know it new one will adopt you.

LancairDriver - 6-21-2017 at 12:37 PM

Sorry for your loss Russ. I have felt your pain too many times over the years. Get another pup ASAP, it has worked for me..

SDROB - 6-21-2017 at 02:25 PM

Sorry to hear Russ. x2 on getting another pup asap.

As much as it hurts another puppy is always a good feeling.

Howard - 6-21-2017 at 03:24 PM

Hey Russ, I know its way to early to think about another dog but hopefully you can learn from my experience.

I had a Golden Retriever for 13 years and I thought I was the best trainer on the face of the earth. He did everything I asked him to do, and more. After about 6 months after he was gone I decided to jump back in the game and got a 9 month old Yellow Lab after all I was a great trainer of dogs. WRONG! It turned out the Golden trained me and the wild and rambunctious young lab almost killed me! :) Took around 5 years before he almost came around and then I ran out of steam. :biggrin:
He turned out to be a very, very fun dog but wasn't the best trained dog in the world.
The point being, were to damn old to get a puppy and stick to maybe a 2 or 3 year old for your companion.
======================================
A man went to visit a friend and was amazed to find him playing chess with his dog. He watched the game in astonishment for a while. "I can hardly believe my eyes!" he exclaimed. "That's the smartest dog I've ever seen."

"Nah, he's not so smart," the friend replied. "I've beaten him three games out of five."

Paco Facullo - 6-21-2017 at 03:45 PM

Russ,

So sorry for your loss.
Dogs don't ever live long enough, well not ever as long as we would like.

They ARE true love ............

Paco Facullo - 6-21-2017 at 03:48 PM

Russ,

So sorry for your loss.
Dogs don't ever live long enough, well not ever as long as we would like.

They ARE true love ............

dtbushpilot - 6-21-2017 at 04:10 PM

So sorry for your loss Russ, Mason was a good boy.

David K - 6-21-2017 at 04:14 PM

Sorry for the loss amigo. I was lucky to have met him, a cool dog, indeed!

bajalinda - 6-21-2017 at 04:37 PM

Very sorry for your loss. It's so tough to lose a beloved dog and Mason looks like he was a total sweetheart.

BajaGlenn - 6-21-2017 at 04:43 PM

Sorry for you loss--i think Will Rogers said "if dogs don't go to heaven then i want to go where they go"--only time i have cried was when i have had to put a dog down from old age-- getting a new puppy helps BTW--:cool:

shari - 6-21-2017 at 04:52 PM

So sorry for your loss and pain right now Russ...Mason was a fine dawg and had a wonderful life and is on to greener pastures now...DEP Mason old boy

healthdetective - 6-21-2017 at 05:32 PM

That sucks, but how lucky for both of you to have found one another. Thirteen years of unconditional love is a blessing not all will know.

A Dog's Life is Short

GypsyJan - 6-21-2017 at 06:09 PM

But filled with dedication, devotion and faith - love for their family. A gift that never stops giving in our memories.

Condolences for the loss of your beloved family member.

basautter - 6-21-2017 at 07:14 PM

So sorry for your loss...I had to let my Sandy go a few years ago. She gave me 15 1/2 great years!

BajaBlanca - 6-21-2017 at 07:48 PM

I just went out and gave our Rex an extra rub on the belly (if you have ever petted him, he goes down like a flash for a belly rub).

I cannot even imagine the day he is not around to greet us. Les keeps hinting that maybe we should get another one now.....I don't know if we can keep up with a puppy again.

I am very sorry to hear about Mason. Hang in there.

watizname - 6-21-2017 at 09:12 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss Russ.
Mike.

BajaRat - 6-21-2017 at 09:37 PM

I'm sorry Russ, Hang in there.
Lionel

Russ - 6-22-2017 at 06:16 AM

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and help!

Meany - 6-22-2017 at 07:08 AM

Russ. Shannon and I are so sad about his passing. He was a real cookie Monster and his love will be missed. I will miss pulling up and being greeted by him. Take care Russ.

Mason

jkruk - 6-22-2017 at 07:13 AM

Good morning Russ,
So very sorry for your loss. Andy is 15 in aug jim

DianaT - 6-22-2017 at 03:12 PM

So sorry. It is such a tough thing losing one of our fur babies. It is just so painful. No one can ever really know how another one is feeling, but we just lost our Tommy Dog at 15 1/2 on June 9th, so we understand your pain and grieve. Like Tommy, Mason was not a dog, he was family. Maggie left us 4 years ago and we still miss her everyday.

Our thoughts are with you --- HUGS

Diane and John

On edit. When Tommy crossed over, a friend shared this quote with me and I love it and thought I would share it with you. We thought it would be a long time before we could even think about another fur baby. But a rescue has already joined our family. In no way does he fill the holes in our hearts for Tommy and Maggie, but he is craving out a new space all his own.

The quote.

Quote:

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan. ("The Once Again Prince" Irving Townsend)

[Edited on 6-22-2017 by DianaT]

Loretana - 6-22-2017 at 09:39 PM

Mason was a very sweet boy, Russ....I met him on the beach back in 2010 and he was a charmer.

I immediately recognized him from his "strabismus"....I was a cross eyed baby myself!

All the best. Diane

DianaT - The Irving Townsend Quote

GypsyJan - 6-22-2017 at 09:50 PM

Is beautiful, eloquent and so true.

Thank you.

bajabuddha - 6-23-2017 at 12:24 AM

If there ain't dawgs in heaven i'll find out where they ended up. Mine's been waiting for me since 12/1990 and I still grieve.

Via con Dios, Mason, buen perro. DEP.

BajaMama - 6-23-2017 at 09:34 AM

So sorry to hear about Mason - I'm pretty sure I had met him once or twice on my walks. Good dog.