BajaNomad

Bahia Auncion fishing report (new pics of nice YT)

shari - 6-24-2017 at 09:54 AM

things really opened up now and big schools of yellowtail were all over the place so they got easy limits in a short time today...trolling mostly but the 30 pounder was caught when Taylor saw the fish swim by and he cast a surface iron out to it and WHAM....on the boat in no time!
That's the way...uh huh...uh huh... I like it...uh huh....uh huh

Usually our fishing season doesnt start till August when the ocean temps warm up so lately we have only been catching white fish, calico & sheepshead for food and fun.

Les "Chiviato" is visiting us for a few days and said he was going to catch the first yellowtail of the season and I'll be damned if that didnt happen.
Yesterday the boys got into some nice fish up north of here.....unfortunately he lost the big one....of course...but they did get a couple of 20-25 pounders to start off our yellowtail season! Bring it ON!!! They had a triple hook up and this fish was caught on a cedar plug....haha

On a sad note, his novia who was celebrating her birthday....fell and got banged up pretty good requiring medical treatment. Times like this I am soooooooo glad we have a hospital here. The head doctor was here with the ambulance crew and some extra helpers from our local volunteer Protecion Civil.

We were worried about head & neck injuries and found that the ambulance nor the hospital had a collar to stabilize the neck (although they used Mexican ingenuity by wrapping a towel and taping it around her neck) ...I hope to get a couple donated!!!! They did a great job tending to her wounds, stabilizing her and ambulancing her to GN for xrays. She was very very lucky and is back here resting now all sewn up after a long night in hospital.

The hospital here would not accept any payment for her care but I suggested they offer to buy them lunch!

I was very pleased how quickly & professionally everyone responded and thanks to Juan for going to GN with them.

[Edited on 6-24-2017 by shari]

[Edited on 7-2-2017 by shari]

DawnPatrol - 6-24-2017 at 10:15 AM

Shari , I am glad to donate two or three. How would I get them down to you?
Alan
"Greyhound Boys"

Or you can email me
Alanb1313@cox.net

shari - 6-24-2017 at 10:30 AM

fantastic Alan...I will figure out who you can send them to to get down to us...muchas gracias

DawnPatrol - 6-24-2017 at 10:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
fantastic Alan...I will figure out who you can send them to to get down to us...muchas gracias

They will be coming into my office in El Cajon by end of next week.
(8 miles East of San Diego)

Or I can meet someone near border on their way down
Cell 619-888-4334

DawnPatrol - 6-24-2017 at 10:44 AM

Shari I ordered 2 adjustable adults. And also 3 child collars, one for each age 0-2, 2-6, 6-12

They will all be in by 07/03

Alan

shari - 6-24-2017 at 12:27 PM

Great....Rossman will be in Banning next week so either send it to his sister or hook up with him...I sent the address to your email.

BajaBlanca - 6-24-2017 at 08:00 PM

We will be in San Diego next week. I would be happy to bring them down!

basautter - 6-25-2017 at 04:49 PM

Nice fish! Save some for me...

acadist - 6-26-2017 at 09:01 AM

Now that the ' tails are there.....pray for tuna! :bounce: see you soon!

aguachico - 6-27-2017 at 03:23 AM

Nice fish Shari.

motoged - 6-27-2017 at 09:26 AM

Shari,
I heard a rumour that the co-op store had closed due to co-op struggles....and that the water supply was still unpredictable since the March pipeline breaks.

Tell me it's not true.

shari - 6-27-2017 at 12:18 PM

Like Baja....was true....not it's not. The coop store was closed for awhile but is open again now and thriving and water has been back to the regular on again off again routine. the months before abalone season are always difficult for the coop but once the money stars flowing again things get back to normal although it will be a tough year as there was only a very very low quota this year so not much income from abalone so belts will need to be tightened all round.

The coop has come up with new methods for more production from other fisheries like caracol and fin fish in order to try to improve the financial difficulties.

aguachico - 6-27-2017 at 04:29 PM

Hope it turns around for them Shari. Seal meat? hmmm lobo tacos.

BajaBlanca - 6-30-2017 at 06:43 PM

Ohohhhhhhhhhhh need a suggestion of another freebee place to host photos....looks like PHOTOBUCKET is not working anymore.

Delivery has been made! Thanks Dawn Patrol....adult and 3 different kid sizes! Bahia Asuncion will be set! Won't be headed south for another 10 days ish.

[Edited on 7-5-2017 by BajaBlanca]

shari - 7-1-2017 at 08:29 PM

Oh say it isnt so about photobucket!

Thanks for the delivery Dawn Patrol and to you Blanca for bringing them down...have a safe trip home.

Years ago the japanese tried to get a permit to cull the sea lions at the Island which everyone here thought was a grand idea...get paid to thin them out....but the Biosphere didnt allow it. I have eaten seal and it was kinda like greasy pork...not too bad.

Paco Facullo - 7-1-2017 at 10:04 PM

." I have eaten seal and it was kinda like greasy pork...not too bad"

Sounds like it would be great in a Taco.

Although most anything is great in a Taco................

BajaBlanca - 7-2-2017 at 06:36 AM

Shari - PACO is headed your way and will stop by my moms on the 4th - I will give the neck braces to him. Door to door is so perfect.

I will also be sending suitcases and whatever bags he can take to help with the ton of stuff my mom has collected these past few months. Please send to La Bocana with anyone going or I will find a porter once we are back in a week or so. Muchissimas gracias, amiga.

[Edited on 7-2-2017 by BajaBlanca]

DawnPatrol - 7-2-2017 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Shari - PACO is headed your way and will stop by my moms on the 4th - I will give the neck braces to him. Door to door is so perfect.

I will also be sending suitcases and whatever bags he can take to help with the ton of stuff my mom has collected these past few months. Please send to La Bocana with anyone going or I will find a porter once we are back in a week or so. Muchissimas gracias, amiga.

[Edited on 7-2-2017 by BajaBlanca]

So glad the community is needing those braces.
Blanca can you tell me a little more about the medical services and/or facilities down there? Is it in Asuncion or Bocana?
Is there a Doctor there?

Alan from San Diego

alan

shari - 7-2-2017 at 10:35 AM

Alan....I am in Asuncion and we are lucky to have both a hospital with an emergency room open 24/7 as well as a health clinic....but they are woefully lacking in equipment...as is our Protecion Civil ambulance! Any donations of emergency equipment is gratefully accepted.

ANd now back to our regularly scheduled fishing report....
Juan called in around 10 am and said they had 6 yellowtail in the boat....wooooo hoooo....yellowtail ON!

Paco Facullo - 7-2-2017 at 10:40 AM

Dang THATS GREAT news,

Looks like I may need to scurry meslf there sooner than later.

Although I don't want to miss the Beer and Oyster fest in San Quintin July 8th.

Hey Shari, whats catching the tails ? Jigs or bait ???

shari - 7-2-2017 at 10:52 AM

rapala ex rap magnums...sardine type and cedar plugs....it's very early for a good YT bite so go ahead and eat oysters in SQ...maybe bring me a dozen if ya can!

BajaBlanca - 7-2-2017 at 03:35 PM

and La Bocana is an hour south of Bahia Asuncion (where Shari is).

It is a rough but beautiful ride along the coast - it takes 1.5 hours from BA to LB. You will really enjoy Asuncion and Shari's B&B on the water ! and of course, you will enjoy our B&B too.

Paco, how big of a vehicle do you have? There is a huge table in San Clemente just begging for a ride! Donated by Don Jorge to my freshman architecture student. He called it the beast and he isn't kidding!

DawnPatrol - 7-2-2017 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Alan....I am in Asuncion and we are lucky to have both a hospital with an emergency room open 24/7 as well as a health clinic....but they are woefully lacking in equipment...as is our Protecion Civil ambulance! Any donations of emergency equipment is gratefully accepted.

ANd now back to our regularly scheduled fishing report....
Juan called in around 10 am and said they had 6 yellowtail in the boat....wooooo hoooo....yellowtail ON!

when I have my next doctor appointment middle of July I will ask Dr Spiering if he has any ideas on donations of supplies and/or equipment

Can your medical professional give us a wish list?

:)

:light:

BajaBlanca - 7-4-2017 at 10:31 PM

I asked what they needed in La Bocana, right before we left and they said:

a scale to weigh patients
crutches (I am taking one pair)
a wheelchair

shari - 7-5-2017 at 06:24 AM

those items are always needed....maybe an Epipen type thingy too...and we have been trying to get some paddles too...for jump starting hearts...the paramedic here and ambulance doesnt have them

DawnPatrol - 7-5-2017 at 10:54 AM

OK I will see what I can procure!