BajaNomad

need drafting table, architectural items

BajaBlanca - 6-29-2017 at 01:41 PM

Hi all,

One of my college students who has already been accepted (yahoo) is going to need anything and everything related to his chosen professon - architecture.

Anyone out there have anything to help me out????

God will reward and I will be very grateful.

Blanca

woody with a view - 6-29-2017 at 01:47 PM

I might have an angle on a new drafting table, still in the box. Lemme check. Can you take it south?

Bob and Susan - 6-29-2017 at 01:48 PM

I don't think those guys draw anymore...it's all computerized

BajaBlanca - 6-29-2017 at 02:35 PM

we can take it south! we are in san diego now.

I will double check on the need Bob and Susan -good point!

BajaBlanca - 6-29-2017 at 02:45 PM

kid who just graduated says yes to the table

yes to a table lamp

yes to a T angle

yes to a comfortable chair since he needs to sit for hours (we will have to find one in La Paz)

yes to HB pencils???? I have no idea what they are but will start hunting.

LancairDriver - 6-29-2017 at 02:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
I don't think those guys draw anymore...it's all computerized

Bob's right. Drafting boards have pretty much gone the way of Kodachrome film. What he needs if it's a serious architectural program is a hi res. flat screen display with a relatively speedy computer and a decent printer.Then a multi thousand dollar computer design program such as AutoCad to go with it. It's a pretty expensive package to seriously learn any engineering or architectural skills needed to get out into todays job market. Usually schools have a discount program that helps with the cost. This is what they use to design the high rise buildings floor by floor as well as single story structures and almost everything else from aircraft to automobiles.

BajaBlanca - 6-29-2017 at 03:15 PM

I guess mexico still uses the drafting tables and he did say he needed a computer for programs so I have one that was donated.

woody with a view - 6-29-2017 at 05:24 PM

Sorry Blanca, its already gone.

BajaBlanca - 6-30-2017 at 06:49 AM

thanks for trying!

willyAirstream - 6-30-2017 at 12:33 PM

He will get an educational edition of Auto Cad or other cad program at the university for free. He will need a computer with a fast processor and a ton of memory and preferably a large monitor. Pencils, markers, sketch paper, steel ruler, xacto knifes will also be very useful.