BajaNomad

Recommendations on Ensenada language school?

jay045 - 7-2-2017 at 11:59 AM

Greetings all,

I live in San Diego and looking to study in Ensenada. I'm an upper intermediate level speaker, so I'm not looking for the basics. I've learned most grammar, and my vocabulary is fairly strong (though on both counts, I have gaps or things that need reinforced). So I'm looking for a more flexible type of school, rather than group study of grammar.

I currently study about six-eight hours a week (lessons with Verbling teachers and self-study). I'd like to do something more intensive, either a weekend or full week, and find the right school so I can continue to study there.

I know I can just self-study and drift around Tijuana learning and using Spanish, but I'd prefer something structured. I'm aware that there are three schools in Ensenada, Center of Languages (Centro de Idiomas), Pacific Language Institute and Baja California Language College. Just not sure which one is right for me.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Jay

DENNIS - 7-2-2017 at 01:29 PM

Dive right it with true desire:

https://www.weareteachers.com/why-immersion-may-be-the-key-t...

BigBearRider - 7-2-2017 at 02:17 PM

I've been very happy with Baja Language College. I've done two weekend immersion programs with them, and have paid for two more.

David K - 7-2-2017 at 02:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
I've been very happy with Baja Language College. I've done two weekend immersion programs with them, and have paid for two more.

Yep, the owner is a good guy, too!
www.bajacal.com

THank you

jay045 - 7-5-2017 at 04:07 PM

Thanks all for the feedback.