I know how to relax (in Baja).

TMW - 7-3-2017 at 01:00 PM

No you don't cus I'm not there.

Bob and Susan - 7-3-2017 at 01:08 PM

is THAT a dent????

Ken Cooke - 7-3-2017 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
is THAT a dent????

Driving north on Hwy 1 about 20 minutes from Laguna Chapala, a deer leap into the side of my Jeep (in 2006). My insurance was about to lapse, so I didn't remain in Mexico to call an adjuster.

Lee - 7-3-2017 at 01:14 PM

I'm not into Jeeping or rock crawling but think what Ken feels is equivalent to what I feel surfing. Stoke.

Hey Ken don't know anything about Jeeps, but if you were starting from scratch, how would you put together a Jeep for Baja -- at least minimally? Say, buy a Rubi, then swap out and add parts to make it trail worthy.

Ken Cooke - 7-3-2017 at 01:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
I'm not into Jeeping or rock crawling but think what Ken feels is equivalent to what I feel surfing. Stoke.

Hey Ken don't know anything about Jeeps, but if you were starting from scratch, how would you put together a Jeep for Baja -- at least minimally? Say, buy a Rubi, then swap out and add parts to make it trail worthy.

The Rubicon is the best model to invest in. I know a guy that bought his 2016 Unlimited 4 door Rubicon off the lot for $33k! That's about the same price as a Sahara (pretty Jeep package). You would order a roof rack for your surfboards, ARB fridge slider for your fridge, or skip the rack for your surfboards and buy an ARB rooftop tent, an oil pan skid plate, an evap cannister skid plate and call it done. Throw in an external air compressor and tire deflators and you're ready for the sand.

bajatrailrider - 7-4-2017 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

The Rubicon is the best model to invest in. I know a guy that bought his 2016 Unlimited 4 door Rubicon off the lot for $33k! That's about the same price as a Sahara (pretty Jeep package). You would order a roof rack for your surfboards, ARB fridge slider for your fridge, or skip the rack for your surfboards and buy an ARB rooftop tent, an oil pan skid plate, an evap cannister skid plate and call it done. Throw in an external air compressor and tire deflators and you're ready for the sand.
Have a great time Ken :D