BajaNomad

Don Jorge and strawberries and arch. tables

BajaBlanca - 7-7-2017 at 03:56 PM

Here is my 100th attempt at resizing photos on different sites to see if they work.

We are in California and stopped by to meet Don Jorge, who had written to say he had a table for our newest architectural freshman in La Paz. He said it was a BEAST and he was not kidding. Such a gorgeous table and I am humbled by his generosity. I haven't told student Ramiro yet, it needs to get down to San Diego from San Juan Capistrano as we will have a pickup truck full of solar power batteries. Anyone have some time this weekend?

001a.jpg - 141kB

005a.jpg - 109kB

strawberries!

BajaBlanca - 7-7-2017 at 04:08 PM

That post looks good! Now to see how to add photos here....

Jorge hooked us up with some strawberries that were really sweet. Strawberry fields forever!

# full baskets
down to one
the evidence

003a.jpg - 110kB 008a.jpg - 92kB 009a.jpg - 88kB

010a.jpg - 127kB

SFandH - 7-7-2017 at 04:10 PM

Can't help with the hauling but,

the photo size is OK with me, no left/right panning needed, but I have a suspicion they might be too wide for.......................others.

David K - 7-7-2017 at 04:14 PM

It is perfectly sized Blanca! No scrolling for 15" monitors needed.
Thanks for the picks. Don Jorge looks great... All his hiking near Mission Santa MarĂ­a, a magic place, shows!

BajaBlanca - 7-7-2017 at 04:34 PM

Let me tell you folks that finding the right resizer has been a massive headache and right now I hate photobucket with a passion.

The one that you, SF and H, put up is the one I ended up using. It isn't perfect since I have to resave to my own computer but I'll take it! Thanks so much for the link.

SFandH - 7-7-2017 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

DK, much more important than the size of the monitor is the screen resolution in pixels.

Blanca's pictures display fine on my 10" monitor too.

AKgringo - 7-7-2017 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

DK, much more important than the size of the monitor is the screen resolution in pixels.

I am one of the people whining on another thread about having to scroll or squint to read the text. This works out great for me!

David K - 7-7-2017 at 05:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

If you click on Inspect Image, you will see Blanca did well, not exceeding 800 pixels:

img[Attributes Style] {
width: 800px;
height: 598px;

MMc - 7-7-2017 at 07:09 PM

I will be able to bring it down in Sept. if you hve not found anybody else.

rts551 - 7-7-2017 at 07:30 PM

Leaves a 2 inch margin on each side of the picture on my 11 inch monitor. Isn't it nice when you do not have to resize at all, Blanca?

BajaBlanca - 7-7-2017 at 08:11 PM

Ralph! I always have to resize and it took me so long to figure out how to do photobucket since I did not realize it was my own laptop that was not allowing the resize. I don't even like to think back to those times.

I have used photobucket for so many years now and got spoiled. One shouldn't complain about a freebee, I suppose. But I am very sad because imgur did not work easily for me. I spent days trying to find a program that would work. The pic resize by SF and H is it.

MMc, I will double check that Don Jorge can store the table til September -very kind offer! I have been shopping for the kids xmas stuff - shoes and shorts and t-shirts and fans and dishes and MORE. We are talking probably 6 suitcases of stuff for them. There are 25 kids to provide for....and of course, Les is buying 16 batteries for our solar system in La Bocana which is kaput. Very kaput. Plus we are taking back some of our favorite foods.

You know those second hand trucks the sellers take down south with stuff to sell? We aren't going to sell but we sure look exactly like them!

rts551 - 7-7-2017 at 08:17 PM

Yes I know, Blanca. That is why I only post pictures in facebook or other like sites any more. I quit using hosting sites and do direct uploads. so much easier.

MMc - 7-7-2017 at 08:40 PM

I will do what i can. My camp is a very nice place to stay, and requires fair amount of space in my truck, I am sure me can work thing out.