BajaNomad

SELLER MOTIVATED! (Bahia Asunción) Now Make me an offer I can't refuse! (USD)

Udo - 7-11-2017 at 09:30 AM

A bunch of photos available on http://www.tinyurl.com/CasaWinkler

$400 USD per year is totally excessive and out of line by photobucket!!!

Sorry, folks, my photobucket account has ben compromised by photobucket. I am no longer allowed to use any photos I have posted with a link to to photobucket (all my photos, plus my avatar).

Until I can figure out how to open another account in another website I am finished with photobucket. I tried opening another account in photobucket under a different name and e-mail address, but they busted me on that one also and deleted my new third party hosting account.

[Edited on 7-11-2017 by Udo]

[Edited on 7-12-2017 by Udo]

[Edited on 7-12-2017 by Udo]

[Edited on 3-21-2018 by Udo]

[Edited on 4-30-2018 by Udo]

[Edited on 11-6-2018 by Udo]

[Edited on 11-10-2018 by BajaNomad]

SFandH - 7-11-2017 at 09:35 AM

Looks like photobucket wants to be paid to act as a server farm for folks who want to post their photos on other websites.

Understandable. They want people to go to the photobucket website to see the photos photobucket owns.

[Edited on 7-11-2017 by SFandH]

SFandH - 7-11-2017 at 10:17 AM

Udo,

The photobucket link you posted isn't working for me. No photos of your house but it display large advertisements for a couple of items I've recently searched for using google. Looks like they are making a full court press to bring in advertisement dollars.

The tinyurl link works fine.

willardguy - 7-11-2017 at 11:01 AM

Im really happy with imgur, :coolup:

Udo - 7-11-2017 at 11:07 AM

I sincerely apologize for the photobucket link not working. I was just following a suggestion from a member.
I'll try playing with IMGUR for a while and see what happens.

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Im really happy with imgur, :coolup:

The beach is dog approved!

AKgringo - 3-20-2018 at 03:07 PM

My big dog loves a beach, and the one in front of your casa seems to be her favorite! The fine grained wet sand is perfect for running, digging, and chasing waves. She goes absolutely berserk on our walks there!

I like the fact that there is no vehicle access, and so far we have not encountered any stray dogs, or even other people for that matter.

While she is getting her exercise, I am entertained by her antics, and the amazing, colorful variations in the geology exposed there. The natural stone arch at the north end of the beach is a bonus.

I am not in the market for a house at this time, but I sure like yours!

DianaT - 3-20-2018 at 03:28 PM

These pictures make me quite sad to see the condition of our old home and gardens next door. :-( :-( While they have both crossed over to the other side now, our precious Maggie Mae and Tommy Dog loved that beach. So many good memories.

Udo, I see the original post is older. I must have missed it before as I seldom check in around here. I hope you have sold your place?

[Edited on 3-20-2018 by DianaT]

tobias - 3-20-2018 at 04:10 PM

Is this still available ?
How many square feet?
How much land?
Do you own the land or just the house? (still wrapping my head around baja real estate transactions )
Looks like an amazing location, perhaps I will have a look at it on my way north.

rts551 - 3-20-2018 at 04:11 PM

Looks like both houses could use a maintenance person once a month.

woody with a view - 3-20-2018 at 04:54 PM

Looks like issues with the white house’s roof?

Udo - 3-21-2018 at 08:33 AM

Our place is still available for sale. The house is about 1500 square feet. There were two lots, but both were combined into one. The property is about 60' wide by about 120' long. The only land between the house and the water is the Federal zone.
Here, the land is held either by a bank trust, or, as in our case, under a Mexican Corporation.
We were originally going to retire there but health issues made us cancel those plans and ended up moving to Ensenada because of healthcare.

Shari has a key to the house.

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
Is this still available ?
How many square feet?
How much land?
Do you own the land or just the house? (still wrapping my head around baja real estate transactions )
Looks like an amazing location, perhaps I will have a look at it on my way north.

Udo - 3-21-2018 at 08:38 AM

Mil gracias for the bump, AK. Glad your dog enjoys our beach. What you don't see near the house is the reef nearby. Fish boils come up once or twice a day. We also have whales, sea lions, and orcas feed on the same reef.
The arch you see at the far end of the beach is our favorite picnic spot in all of Baja. There used to be another smaller arch next to it, but it got washed away during one of the large wave storms last year.

Udo

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
My big dog loves a beach, and the one in front of your casa seems to be her favorite! The fine grained wet sand is perfect for running, digging, and chasing waves. She goes absolutely berserk on our walks there!

I like the fact that there is no vehicle access, and so far we have not encountered any stray dogs, or even other people for that matter.

While she is getting her exercise, I am entertained by her antics, and the amazing, colorful variations in the geology exposed there. The natural stone arch at the north end of the beach is a bonus.

I am not in the market for a house at this time, but I sure like yours!

pauldavidmena - 3-21-2018 at 09:27 AM

Forgive me for not knowing the property, but it looks like two separate dwellings (and additional structures) with an adjoining wall. I assume that only one is for sale. Is this correct?

Udo - 3-21-2018 at 01:16 PM

Yes, only one property is for sale. There are properties on either side of ours.

DianaT - 3-21-2018 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

That "white house" used to be quite bright yellow but to keep it that color, it had to be redone often. The roof on the guest room/bodega appears to be in bad shape and our gardens are gone. As I said in my post, it makes me sad to see this.

Last I knew the people who bought our place found that they could not use it like they thought they would and wanted to sell it. But I don't know now.

Homes that close to the ocean require a lot of upkeep, but for us it was worth it to be there. And our friends and caretakers when we were not there took really great care of our place. We miss it a lot and especially miss our good friends.

Udo, I hope the right person comes along soon for you.

[Edited on 3-22-2018 by DianaT]

Paco Facullo - 3-21-2018 at 09:05 PM

Such are the the hopes and dreams of Man.

Here today and gone tomorrow...................

Such is life...

Pura vida..........

Live it well , my friend.......................

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rts551 - 3-22-2018 at 07:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

That "white house" used to be quite bright yellow but to keep it that color, it had to be redone often. The roof on the guest room/bodega appears to be in bad shape and our gardens are gone. As I said in my post, it makes me sad to see this.

Last I knew the people who bought our place found that they could not use it like they thought they would and wanted to sell it. But I don't know now.

Homes that close to the ocean require a lot of upkeep, but for us it was worth it to be there. And our friends and caretakers when we were not there took really great care of our place. We miss it a lot and especially miss our good friends.

I remember how nice everything was kept around your house, even when you were not there. Too bad that did not continue...it would be easier to sell if clean and kempt.

Udo - 3-22-2018 at 12:45 PM

Thanks, Diana!

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Udo - 4-30-2018 at 04:02 PM

Make me an offer I can't refuse!!!

chavycha - 4-30-2018 at 04:11 PM

It baffles me that this hasn't sold yet. :/

bajabuddha - 4-30-2018 at 04:51 PM

Udo, just curious... is the unfinished block structure on the north side yours, or on the adjacent lot? If next door, do you know their plans for building?

norte - 4-30-2018 at 06:27 PM

How do I know what it is you would not refuse unless I know your base price? Never quiet understood that remark. oh well bump.

caj13 - 4-30-2018 at 07:12 PM

as I said in another thread - when it comes down to 50K, I'm all over it. I don't expect that to happen,.
So gLWTS , I know it's worth more, but thats all I would be willing to pay - for me; the issues are location location location - easy access easy access easy access! doesn't strike me as a weekend getawy!

drzura - 4-30-2018 at 07:56 PM

I would be all over it at 51.5K :yes:

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
as I said in another thread - when it comes down to 50K, I'm all over it. I don't expect that to happen,.
So gLWTS , I know it's worth more, but thats all I would be willing to pay - for me; the issues are location location location - easy access easy access easy access! doesn't strike me as a weekend getawy!

Rossman - 5-1-2018 at 05:19 AM

I hear you on the "location". The nice thing and the bad thing about Asuncion is that it is a real trek to get there from just about anywhere. I'm on my 4th year of living here in Asuncion and actually lived in Udo's place for my first year here and I can tell you that it is a solid, modern, trouble free home, located on probably the best spot in the pueblo and seeing it sit empty is heartbreaking.

shari - 5-1-2018 at 07:51 AM

we had alot of great parties there with both previous owners as well as renters...some great memories were made there!

Udo - 11-6-2018 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
we had alot of great parties there with both previous owners as well as renters...some great memories were made there!

This needs a bump!

fishbuck - 11-6-2018 at 11:03 AM

How can I do this Udo?
I'm a bit over extended at the moment but I want it!

David K - 11-6-2018 at 11:05 AM

Nice big, open, maintained, dirt runway at Asunción, too! Land your future twin-engine there, no problem!

fishbuck - 11-6-2018 at 02:11 PM

Thinking developing my San Quintin fishcamp can wait...
Calling Udo...
I think I can pull this off...
Lets talk sir please.

AKgringo - 11-6-2018 at 03:00 PM

Fishbuck, following your posts is a lot like watching a pinball working it's way down the board, bouncing from bumper to bumper.

Udo just hit a flipper and sent you back up on another pass!

motoged - 11-6-2018 at 03:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Fishbuck, following your posts is a lot like watching a pinball working it's way down the board, bouncing from bumper to bumper.

Udo just hit a flipper and sent you back up on another pass!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bajaBEATS - 11-6-2018 at 03:13 PM

dis fishbuck as steady as michael j fox yo

Bajaboy - 11-6-2018 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Calling Udo...
Lets talk sir please.

There goes the neighborhood:lol::lol:

55steve - 11-6-2018 at 09:25 PM

Pretty sure it can be had for a super great price.

My brother & I toured this great property earlier this year and was prepared to pay quite a bit more but it wasn't a fit for my special needs brother.

[Edited on 11-8-2018 by 55steve]

fishbuck - 11-6-2018 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Calling Udo...
Lets talk sir please.

There goes the neighborhood:lol::lol:

Thankyou Boy-band😎

woody with a view - 11-6-2018 at 10:54 PM

Good luck, Udo. Pay it forward.

weebray - 11-7-2018 at 09:44 AM

Give it a rest. The guy is just trying to sell something he has invested a lot of his life in. The $ is fair. This is not going to be a moneymaker for the man. Most of us know this area and it is beautiful but desolate. It is not quite off the grid but close. It is not for everyone but he only needs one. That one absolutely exists, it may be you. The rest of you can just move along and stop picking at the carcass.

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 09:55 AM

Attention Udo.
I am willing to discuss fair market value on your property. Please contact me. Maybe we can work a deal.
I'm serious.
Thank you.

David K - 11-7-2018 at 10:33 AM

Connection made... happy to help two Baja amigos I know personally.

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Connection made... happy to help two Baja amigos I know personally.

Thanks for the help.
Udo is cool.
His price is fair. I hope I can do this.

LancairDriver - 11-7-2018 at 11:59 AM

Good luck in putting this deal together. It looks like it has the elements of Fishbucks dreams in one tidy package. Primo location with fly in airport, great fishing, acceptable year round climate, nice casa worthy of the title Casa de Fishbuck, and great pr program in place for the area ably promoted by Shari. What could go wrong? All it takes now is pesos in Udo’s pocket.

[Edited on 11-7-2018 by LancairDriver]

willardguy - 11-7-2018 at 12:25 PM

a couple weeks ago you were rethinking san quintin being so far from medical care....now you're looking in asuncion?
there's a reason Udo's not there!:light:

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 12:52 PM

Airplane. 5 hrs to San Diego.
And yes I got a bit freaked out when I was hospitalized for 3 days a coupke weeks back.
I noticed several more people hauled out in ambulance.
And then a lot of pest control activity.
The city got involved... so... I'm guessing animal related.
I had already complained to the owners here.
But I hadn't needed a doctor since motocross and I retired from racing over 10 years now.

[Edited on 11-7-2018 by fishbuck]

BajaBlanca - 11-7-2018 at 01:43 PM

Best of luck in this new adventure!

ASide from all the other "stuff" how is your flight medical?

thebajarunner - 11-7-2018 at 03:34 PM

And yes I got a bit freaked out when I was hospitalized for 3 days a coupke weeks back.
But I hadn't needed a doctor since motocross and I retired from racing over 10 years now.

I agree that following your stories is like following the bouncing ball in the arcade.
And, since you extol the virtues of your flying prowess, whilst also mentioning 3 days in the hospital....Kind of a scary prospect, my man.
30 years ago I had colon cancer, which was deftly and rudely removed with a sharp scalpel, and for three years the FAA would not give me back my medical.
I finally had an attorney friend write and say, "How does colon cancer affect his ability to fly?" After which they finally restored my med cert.
And, don't tell us that since you are just flying in Mexico it is all o.k.

bajaguy - 11-7-2018 at 04:27 PM

In 5 hours you could be dead

LancairDriver - 11-7-2018 at 04:50 PM

Recommend you check your pilot flying you in a private aircraft

The FAA medical must be renewed every two years for a private license, and every six months for a commercial license, and it must be current to legally fly in the US. Unlike other rules that can be loose in Mexico, it is also strictly enforced in Mexico. You won’t fly in without a current US Medical certificate.

The FAA issues three classes of medical certificates:

A first class medical is required for pilots who exercise airline transport pilot (ATP) privileges; that is, those flying scheduled airliners and other pilots whose employers require this level of certification. A first class medical is valid for ATP privileges for twelve months for pilots under age 40. Pilots who are age 40 and older must renew First class medical certificates every six months.

A Second class is required for pilots who fly commercially—in operations such as crop dusting, delivering canceled checks, or carrying passengers or cargo for hire. The Second class medical is valid for commercial privileges for 12 months.

A Third class medical certificate is appropriate for student pilots, recreational pilots, and private pilots who fly for pleasure or personal business (but not for hire). A third class medical is valid for 60 months for pilots under age 40, and 24 months for applicants who are age 40 or older.

Updated March 2017

mtgoat666 - 11-7-2018 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
In 5 hours you could be dead

Just do it.
Dont worry about distance from hospital
Que sera sera
Join the hemlock club, keep supplies on hand if its your time

P.s. always choose the plane with 2 engines and 2 pilots :light:
1 engine, 1 pilot, what could happen?
Regardless of fact that fishbreath has only 100 hours of flight time :o

David K - 11-7-2018 at 05:32 PM

Beware of pilots with "get-home-itis"... If WX is questionable (IFR or headwinds) please just wait another day. I know two pilots who died returning from Baja, short of their destination. Many Nomads knew them too, Doug Bowles (from Alfonsina's to Long Beach area) and Carlos Fiesta [Chuck Chambers] (from San Juanico to Long Beach area, also).

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 11:00 PM

Pilots are schedule driven. And we have faith in ourselves. We push our limits.
That's how we get better. Usually but not always.
I think those guys ran out of gas. Baja can do that to you.
I fly by the book now. I know my limits and those of my aircraft. I don't push my luck. I don't use luck.
I calculate and have a happy ending to all my flights. I start my flight planning with a good landing at the end.

[Edited on 11-8-2018 by fishbuck]

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 11:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Recommend you check your pilot flying you in a private aircraft

The FAA medical must be renewed every two years for a private license, and every six months for a commercial license, and it must be current to legally fly in the US. Unlike other rules that can be loose in Mexico, it is also strictly enforced in Mexico. You won’t fly in without a current US Medical certificate.

The FAA issues three classes of medical certificates:

A first class medical is required for pilots who exercise airline transport pilot (ATP) privileges; that is, those flying scheduled airliners and other pilots whose employers require this level of certification. A first class medical is valid for ATP privileges for twelve months for pilots under age 40. Pilots who are age 40 and older must renew First class medical certificates every six months.

A Second class is required for pilots who fly commercially—in operations such as crop dusting, delivering canceled checks, or carrying passengers or cargo for hire. The Second class medical is valid for commercial privileges for 12 months.

A Third class medical certificate is appropriate for student pilots, recreational pilots, and private pilots who fly for pleasure or personal business (but not for hire). A third class medical is valid for 60 months for pilots under age 40, and 24 months for applicants who are age 40 or older.

Updated March 2017

I think it got changed recently with third class. The AOPA did it.

fishbuck - 11-7-2018 at 11:13 PM

It's called BasicMed
Applies to 3rd class medical certificate.

"At a Glance Medical reform highlights

Aircraft specifications: Up to six seats, up to 6,000 pounds (no limitations on horsepower, number of engines, or gear type)

Flight rules: Day or night, VFR or IFR

Passengers: Up to five passengers

Aeromedical factors: Pilots must take a free online course every two years and visit their personal physician every four years

Altitude restriction: Up to 18,000 feet msl

Airspeed limitation: 250 knots indicated airspeed

Pilot limitation: Cannot operate for compensation or hire"

LancairDriver - 11-7-2018 at 11:56 PM

Unfortunately, Basic Med is not accepted or recognized by Mexico.

It's called BasicMed

Aircraft specifications: Up to six seats, up to 6,000 pounds (no limitations on horsepower, number of engines, or gear type)

Aeromedical factors: Pilots must take a free online course every two years and visit their personal physician every four years

Udo - 11-8-2018 at 09:52 AM

:light:

:light::bounce:

Good luck in putting this deal together. It looks like it has the elements of Fishbucks dreams in one tidy package. Primo location with fly in airport, great fishing, acceptable year round climate, nice casa worthy of the title Casa de Fishbuck, and great pr program in place for the area ably promoted by Shari. What could go wrong? All it takes now is pesos in Udo’s pocket.

:light::bounce:

fishbuck - 11-8-2018 at 09:57 AM

Unfortunately, Basic Med is not accepted or recognized by Mexico.

It's called BasicMed

Finally some useful information out of you... you could have just said that first the Mav.
You seem a bit inefficient to be a pilot...

fishbuck - 11-8-2018 at 09:59 AM

Thank you Udo.
I'm crunching numbers. Smoke coming out of my ears etc..:coolup:

John Harper - 11-8-2018 at 11:10 AM

Thank you Udo.

At least it's not from the plane's engine cowling.

John

AKgringo - 11-8-2018 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Thank you Udo.

At least it's not from the plane's engine cowling.

John

Or from the passengers in the back seats!

Udo, sorry for adding to the hijack, this thread really should be just about your casa!

fishbuck - 11-8-2018 at 11:29 AM

I am retired from the IAM. I am a Machinist.
I retired as a Senior Airworthiness Inspector.
Airplane engines love me. Airplanes love me. I can Vulcan mind meld with them.
I Zen out on planes.
I become one with the plane. The good way not the bad way.
On the ground or in the air.
I am always thinking about aviation.
I still "work" for Boeing... making money in the stock market...

And stop making this about me.
This is about Udo's house.
Now somebody out bid me and buy it.

caj13 - 11-8-2018 at 11:51 AM

so when fishy is done playing make pretend,

Udo, i plan on being in Asuncion between X-mas & New Years, staying at Sheris place.

I would be interested in taking a look if its still available, and that can be arranged?

i suspect my original impression - "too far away" will be confirmed, but thats why we are headed there - to give it a look and see if we like it, and would want to live there 6 months out of the year.

if we are comfortable with the location, I would be very interested.

Obviously i don't expect or want you to hold the place or make you think I am champing at the bit to buy your place, but if things worked out on the visit - You would appear to be an excellent option!

Udo - 11-8-2018 at 12:09 PM

If it is still available.
Since I put several ads on fishing forums, I was inundated with phone calls yesterday, and early this morning.

Shari has a set of keys to both the house and the garage. My wife and I were planning on staying at the house over New Year's, but if I get a deposit on the house, we'll just come down to get our personal things since this was going to be our retirement home a few years ago (before my major illness).

Udo, i plan on being in Asuncion between X-mas & New Years, staying at Sheris place.

I would be interested in taking a look if its still available, and that can be arranged?

i suspect my original impression - "too far away" will be confirmed, but thats why we are headed there - to give it a look and see if we like it, and would want to live there 6 months out of the year.

Obviously i don't expect or want you to hold the place or make you think I am champing at the bit to buy your place, but if things worked out on the visit - You would appear to be an excellent option!

Bajaboy - 11-8-2018 at 12:41 PM

I recommend you talk to people that have a place in Asuncion. I love the place and have been there for 10 years. But Asuncion is not for everyone. Udo's place if nice and has million dollar views.

The town has gotten a lot "closer" since we bought. We'll be in town at the same time. Hopefully our paths will cross.

Good luck to all involved. Udo hope your place sells soon!

Zac

caj13 - 11-8-2018 at 06:41 PM

Excellent Udo, glad you are getting some "action" on it. Good luck

Zac, thats the reason we are going - we are spending alot of time staying at various places all over baja, looking for the best fit. we start with a week or so, if we like it, we plan another longer stay - a month or 2. Thats our plan. I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see a bunch of young teenagers roaming around in a pack, they probably will belong to me (nieces and nephews)

Udo - 11-12-2018 at 07:53 PM

We did the same thing before we settled on Bahia Asunciôn. Before that we even went so as to purchase a 45' bus which ended up being a big mistake!

Excellent Udo, glad you are getting some "action" on it. Good luck

Zac, thats the reason we are going - we are spending alot of time staying at various places all over baja, looking for the best fit. we start with a week or so, if we like it, we plan another longer stay - a month or 2. Thats our plan. I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see a bunch of young teenagers roaming around in a pack, they probably will belong to me (nieces and nephews)

caj13 - 4-23-2019 at 09:57 AM

Udo,
Did that sale ever work out?

Udo - 4-23-2019 at 10:54 AM

Not yet, CAJ.

caj13 - 4-24-2019 at 07:11 PM

I did not get the chance to check out the place when I was down there over new years, my father in law passed away suddenly,
so we had to leave after 2 days. if its still available come fall,
I have to go to La Bocana to pick up some gear, i might as well swing through BA, and have a look.

But I'm hoping for your sake, its sold by then, Hope it works out for you, good luck on it!

[Edited on 4-25-2019 by caj13]

Whale-ista - 4-24-2019 at 09:10 PM

FYI- when I try to visit the website here: http://tinyurl.com/CasaWinkler

a message pops up saying that it's no longer available.

Do you have another page for people to view?

BajaRat - 5-2-2019 at 08:43 PM

I think it's that site not the house.
I believe Udo would post it's sale here.
Udo ?

pauldavidmena - 5-3-2019 at 05:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

Udo's link was to a Google+ website, and Google discontinued the service last month. Hopefully Udo has an alternative site, or that he at least still has the original content.

Udo - 5-4-2019 at 05:33 PM

I have tried to get on alternative sites with no luck!

I will send a bunch of photos to anyone interested in the house. My e-mail is udowinkler@yahoo.com
Please send me a request and I'll send you about 10 photos at a time, that is all that my e-mail will allow me to send at a time.

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

Udo's link was to a Google+ website, and Google discontinued the service last month. Hopefully Udo has an alternative site, or that he at least still has the original content.

David K - 5-4-2019 at 05:54 PM

Udo, I can help you with the photos...

awfulart - 5-23-2019 at 12:07 PM

was this sold? have not been to Shari's place for many years but yearning to return. Time does fly

Art awfulart2@gmail.com

advrider - 12-13-2019 at 09:14 AM

Still for sale? Will be down that way in March and might take a look?

Udo - 12-14-2019 at 08:29 AM

What do you need to do to make this work, Fishbuck?

Calling Udo...
Lets talk sir please.

Udo - 12-14-2019 at 08:32 AM

Thanks DK! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the photos that are pertinent.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Udo, I can help you with the photos...

Udo - 12-14-2019 at 08:41 AM

Currently Shari is the only one with a key to get in the house. However, all the doors and the front gate are closed, locked and screwed together with 4" drywall screws. Plus the front door also has a sliding gate lock on the inside which can only be accessed from the inside.

Whoever wants to come by to see the house must bring an electric screwdriver with a phillips bit. Then you will have access to the back door.

mtgoat666 - 12-14-2019 at 08:53 AM

Sounds like extreme security, are break ins common in BA?

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Currently Shari is the only one with a key to get in the house. However, all the doors and the front gate are closed, locked and screwed together with 4" drywall screws. Plus the front door also has a sliding gate lock on the inside which can only be accessed from the inside.

Whoever wants to come by to see the house must bring an electric screwdriver with a phillips bit. Then you will have access to the back door.

mtgoat666 - 12-14-2019 at 08:55 AM

Calling Udo...
Lets talk sir please.

Whatever happened to fish-buck? Last I heard he was off his meds and experiencing mania/paranoia in SQ.

advrider - 12-14-2019 at 09:57 AM

Sounds like the same way we secure our cabin at the end of the season in the Sierra's every year. Not so much worried about the average joe but try to deter the less then honest people trying to make a quick grab and go. Plus we have bears to deter as well, unlike Baja!

shari - 12-14-2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Sounds like extreme security, are break ins common in BA?

Break ins are not common at all in Asuncion as there is such a good 24/7 security patrol by the fishing cooperativas and in a small village petty crime is usually limited to family members as they are less likely to press charges and people always know who is stealing stuff most often youngsters with a drug problem.

Very few places have bars on the windows. Few people lock thieir cars etc. But in Udos case, the kid lived in an apartment right behind his place and he would wait till the police and security passed then he just walked over and systematically stole stuff little by little. It is extremely dark there and nobody lives around the house which made it easy to rob.
But the biggest reason for the break in is that Udo has nobody looking after his house to check in to see if everything is secure. I highly recommend expats who leave houses unattended at least have someone checking on it on a weekly basis.
The unfortunate thing is that due to owner neglect, this house was broken into and it paints Asuncion in an unfavourable light which I deem unfair as this is one of the safest places I know of.

David K - 12-14-2019 at 10:10 AM

Calling Udo...
Lets talk sir please.

Udo, it was advrider's post that got me to contact you. Fishbuck has been banned from Nomad. He is building a home on San Quintín Bay and his last email to me was he was good with the ban and all is well.

As for how to easily post your photos here on Nomad, then instructions are in the first post on the Nomad Photo Gallery Forum. Here they are:

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer...

Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption or your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

20 photos from Udo...

David K - 12-14-2019 at 10:26 AM

[Edited on 12-14-2019 by David K]

Pacifico - 12-14-2019 at 11:59 AM

What ever happened with the salon (?) that was being built adjacent to the property? Was that ever completed or was the project abandoned?

advrider - 12-14-2019 at 12:38 PM

David, thanks for posting. I am about 11 months from retirement, if I choose to go, so we have been looking. We are back and forth between renting and buying something in Baja. I need to go and see just what the area and house look like, it's been many years since I was there.
From what I have seen of the house from pictures it's the perfect size and a good location in respect to the ocean. Being that close also brings up maintenance concerns because I'm not sure I want to do that much up keep? Lot's to think about, but the price and style are right on point...

David K - 12-14-2019 at 05:06 PM

Udo is a man of good character, too.

shari - 12-15-2019 at 08:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
What ever happened with the salon (?) that was being built adjacent to the property? Was that ever completed or was the project abandoned?

the project appears to have been abandoned...nothing done in years there.

twogringos - 12-16-2019 at 07:47 AM

I don't lock my car in Asuncion. I don't even lock the garage when we are in residence.
BTW, our house is about 200 feet behind Udo's.

[Edited on 12-16-2019 by twogringos]

mtgoat666 - 12-16-2019 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by twogringos  
I don't lock my car in Asuncion. I don't even lock the garage when we are in residence.
BTW, our house is about 200 feet behind Udo's.

[Edited on 12-16-2019 by twogringos]

Udo’s house was broken into by a neighbor tweaker. Did the tweaker break into your house?
You should lock your door. Your neighbor’s house got burgled.

Bajaboy - 12-16-2019 at 08:54 AM

We never lock our place or truck when in town. But all of our neighbors look out for one another, too.