BajaNomad

The "wall"

Barry A. - 7-13-2017 at 07:50 AM

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/341527-bill-allocates-16-b...

SFandH - 7-13-2017 at 08:03 AM

It will be interesting to see what the Senate does with the House bill.

David K - 7-13-2017 at 08:09 AM

They work far too slowly... but for a reason.

chuckie - 7-13-2017 at 08:18 AM

Dumb idea...The wall

SFandH - 7-13-2017 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
They work far too slowly... but for a reason.

Yeah, the reason is the Senate is in session only about 1/2 the year. For example, they worked only 10 days in April, 15 days in July, and are taking all of August off.

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/2017_the_hill_congres...

TMW - 7-13-2017 at 12:34 PM

I wonder if any Mexican company would bid on constructing the wall or part there of. If so would the U.S. consider them. Cheap labor as compared to the U.S. side or maybe not if prevailing wages prohibit it.

BajaBill74 - 7-13-2017 at 01:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I wonder if any Mexican company would bid on constructing the wall or part there of. If so would the U.S. consider them. Cheap labor as compared to the U.S. side or maybe not if prevailing wages prohibit it.

Interesting idea. I never thought of that.

Is it possible that the Mexican citizens would consider that company to be traitors?

woody with a view - 7-13-2017 at 01:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Anything is possible. A sub-ktr of mine is working in Gitmo on a hospital expansion. They share a pool of Jamaicans and Filipinos for laborers who make between $5-7/hr. The gringo companies pay their foremen and skilled guys prevailing wage.

JoeJustJoe - 7-13-2017 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

I call foul!

Barry, weren't you crying in that Trump, Baja Resort Fiasco thread, about some become disgusted over such vitriol skewed information and hating others's different opinions?

And here you are Barry A, starting very controversial topic that you know will end up in the toilet and with hurt feelings?

Why did you do it Barry?

BTW Barry, it's' not a done deal that border wall funding. The democrats already made the republicans blink, over the border wall funding a few months ago, and I understand the GOP wants another government shut down fight, and is willing to shut down the government if border wall funding isn't included in the GOP bill.

BTW Barry, what happened to Trump's promise that Mexico will pay for the wall? Why do tax payers have to pay the wall, when Trump promised Mexico will pay for it?

rts551 - 7-13-2017 at 05:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

!.6 million dollars of our tax dollars going for a bogus wall. What happened to Rumps promise? Where is out health care improvements? Tax loopholes taken care of in reform...What reform? Just tax breaks for the rich is all I have seen proposed....Slow...David??? yes maybe its a good thing.

chuckie - 7-13-2017 at 06:00 PM

Great questions! What happened to Vets health care?..I have to drive 80 miles to get anything done...That's 1.6 BILLION dollars

rts551 - 7-13-2017 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Great questions! What happened to Vets health care?..I have to drive 80 miles to get anything done...That's 1.6 BILLION dollars

Oh you are correct. We were promised Mexico was paying...what happened? not enough tourist tax? Lol.

mtgoat666 - 7-14-2017 at 01:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Oh you are correct. We were promised Mexico was paying...what happened? not enough tourist tax? Lol.

Gonna make the poor gringos pay!
Gonna pass tax bills that cut taxes for the rich, balanced by cutting health care for the poor and over 65, so we can build a wall that ain't needed. Trump's folly!
We are only 6 months in to this 4 year mistake :wow::O:O:O

chuckie - 7-14-2017 at 08:00 AM

Mr Trump commented yesterday that we don't really NEED a complete wall.....and it doesnt need to be 30 feet tall and we should be able to see through it and maybe just fix up the old one...In sum like we have now..What a relief! Now we can check that off the list of promises kept! SOURCE? National news this morning....

chuckie - 7-14-2017 at 08:43 AM

I think it was...That's Malcolms bunch..But Ok....

chuckie - 7-14-2017 at 08:45 AM

See above...I amsure it was taken at your joint..Thats Malcolms rig...But Ok...

yumawill - 7-14-2017 at 11:59 AM

I'm bidding on the tunnels that the Mexican gobermnt is proposing in order to speed traffic Northbound. No more border back-ups. Toll Tunnels of course. Then theres the LARGE DRONE staging area complete with a four lane super highway. Mexico will hook U up, and your vehicle, with a large Drone and fly U over the Border Wall for a small fee as long as U have a current FMM. And Wiley Coyote will continue to be beaten by the Mexican Road Runner............
What more can be said. It is what it is and that was that. What ever will be will be and Karma is something you step in." Look what the Cat drug in Velma".

DavidT - 7-14-2017 at 12:20 PM

Say it ain't so, looks like Donnie Two Scoops lied.
Again.

No need for a full border wall, Trump says

President Trump, who made the building of a wall along the border with Mexico a central promise of his campaign, significantly scaled back the pledge Thursday.

"You don't need 2,000 miles of wall because you have a lot of natural barriers," Trump said to reporters on Air Force One during his flight to Paris.

"You have mountains. You have some rivers that are violent and vicious. You have some areas that are so far away that you don't really have people crossing. So you don't need that."

"You'll need anywhere from 700 to 900 miles," he said.

About 600 miles of the southern border already are protected by walls, fences or other barriers. It was not clear from Trump's remarks if the figure he cited referred to new border protections or included those already in existence, but he appeared to suggest that fixing current border fences would count against the total he had in mind.

"You know, we've already started the wall because we're fixing large portions of wall right now," he said. "We're taking wall that was good but it's in very bad shape, and we're making it new."

Conservative groups that had supported Trump’s tough stance on immigration during the campaign expressed concern that the president was changing course.

“It appears things are being walked back on and there are various narratives going around in the White House,” said Stephen Steinlight, a senior policy analyst at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington.

“We don’t have the rule of law when it comes to immigration,” he said. “It doesn’t exist. There’s immigration anarchy.”

Ira Mehlman, a spokesman for Federation for American Immigration Reform in Washington, said Trump’s backsliding on the wall casts doubt on whether he will keep his other campaign promises on immigration.

“We expect he will fulfill the promises he made and we are going to continue to hold him accountable,” he said. “He needs to push Congress to do these things he was elected for. Now it’s time he deliver.”

In particular, Mehlman’s group wants Trump to rescind the program known as DACA, which was created by President Obama and shields more than 750,000 people from deportation who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.

Trump told reporters on his plane Thursday that he, and not subordinate officials, would make the decision about what to do with DACA.

"It’s a decision that I make, and it’s a decision that’s very very hard to make. I really understand the situation now," Trump said.

"I understand the situation very well. What I’d like to do is a comprehensive immigration plan. But our country and political forces are not ready yet," he added.

Trump's Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly, had suggested in remarks Wednesday that Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions might make the final decision about the program if it is challenged in court.

Trump appeared to suggest that he would not delegate the decision to Sessions.

With regard to the border wall, Trump also offered a very different description of the barrier than he portrayed in campaign rallies, where he would sometimes talk about a wall 30 feet high.

His new description closely resembles the border fencing built under Presidents George W. Bush and Obama.

"You need transparency. You have to be able to see through it," Trump said.

"In other words, if you can't see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."

Both that physical description and his account of the extent of the wall he has in mind bring the president's version of the barrier much closer to what Kelly and his deputies have described.

Trump's comments to the reporters on the plane initially were off the record — a standard practice during previous administrations as well as the current one. But the president decided to put the conversation on the record, and White House officials released a transcript Thursday afternoon.

1:10 p.m.: This post was updated to include Trump's remark about DACA.

3:42 p.m.: This post was updated to include reaction to Trump's remarks.

shari - 7-14-2017 at 01:40 PM

Kool pic...Taken at Sharis...

Chuckie...this pic was not taken at our place at all....please stop dropping my name in your posts dude...particularly these ridiculous ones...carry on children

chuckie - 7-15-2017 at 10:07 AM

Good thing that most of this babble is meaningless, eh?

PAY for the Wall with ADS ?

MrBillM - 7-15-2017 at 01:04 PM

It may be that there is a great opportunity for advertisers with a wall of that size.

Illustrated sponsorship and advertising as seen on stadium walls.

Of course, said advertising would be dependent on the location.

In California, flaunting the fact that a product or service built the wall could be counter-productive and lead to boycotts.

IF only Alabama, Mississippi and the like could participate. Financing wouldn't be a problem. They could even get the KKK to "adopt" portions of the wall.

The advertising thought brings up another possibility.

Homeland Security could sell advertising space on their border buses.

"THESE DEPORTATIONS MADE POSSIBLE BY .............................."

The budgetary bonanzas could be endless.

ljprusko - 7-16-2017 at 06:18 AM

Tecate's version of The Wall:

https://youtu.be/Bev4NZEFsCQ

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by ljprusko]

chuckie - 7-16-2017 at 06:50 AM

loveit

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 11:23 AM

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL MY PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL HAVE BUILT!

Lee - 7-16-2017 at 11:57 AM

MX won't pay for it. US taxpayers won't pay for it. So much for campaign promises. Snookered again by prez pu$$ygrabber.

Doesn't represent me. NotMyPrez.

mtgoat666 - 7-16-2017 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
MX won't pay for it. US taxpayers won't pay for it. So much for campaign promises. Snookered again by prez pu$$ygrabber.

He won't be anyone's pres for much longer.
The scandals are spiraling out of control.
He will resign or be impeached, possibly by year end.

Committing crimes is easy. Getting away with it is harder.

I love the press. They are doing a great job at sleuthing out the truth!

:lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 12:58 PM

PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS BEING ONE OF THE BEST PRESIDENTS TO EVER HOLD THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

I AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS CLAIM HIM AS OUR PRESIDENT!

Worth Noting

MrBillM - 7-16-2017 at 01:46 PM

David w. M.arston has a documented history of Mental Illness.

DaliDali - 7-16-2017 at 02:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

He won't be anyone's pres for much longer.
The scandals are spiraling out of control.
He will resign or be impeached, possibly by year end.

Committing crimes is easy. Getting away with it is harder.

I love the press. They are doing a great job at sleuthing out the truth!

:lol:

File an indictment for collusion.......opps does not apply.No such criminal law
File an indictment for treason.....opps....does not apply.
Try traitor?....DNA
Impeachment?....all politics and not prosecutable like a crime.
GOP House who brings impeachment proceedings?...fat chance pal.
File an indictment for not listing the contact on Fed forms....crime of the century I tell ya. Hone the guillotine blade.
Drink Ruskie vodka with a dude named Boris....now you're onto something.......draw up the indictments....

And the left never blinked an eye when Hillary SMASHED phones and BLEACHED email servers.....never blinked an eye when Hillary and gang tossed Bernie under the bus......never twitched when Donna passed off debate Q's to Hillary, never got an itch when Debbie slimed her way to being kicked out of DNC head.
Yeppers......the leftists sure do have some heavy moral righteousness sure enough........hypocritic slime balls......the lot of them

Try again in 2020 with someone, anyone, with a plan to grow the economy without solar panels as the main ticket or taxing people more.

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
David w. M.arston has a documented history of Mental Illness (FAKE NEWS).
BILLY-BOY MERRILL OF YUCCA VALLEY A FOLLOWER OF JIHAD WHO CLAIMS TO BE A CONSERVATIVE YET VOTED FOR HILLARY.

JoeJustJoe - 7-16-2017 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Try traitor?....DNA
File an indictment for not listing the contact on Fed forms....crime of the century I tell ya. Hone the guillotine blade.
Drink Ruskie vodka with a dude named Boris....now you're onto something.......draw up the indictments....

And the left never blinked an eye when Hillary SMASHED phones and BLEACHED email servers.....never blinked an eye when Hillary and gang tossed Bernie under the bus......never twitched when Donna passed off debate Q's to Hillary, never got an itch when Debbie slimed her way to being kicked out of DNC head.
Yeppers......the leftists sure do have some heavy moral righteousness sure enough........hypocritic slime balls......the lot of them

Try again in 2020 with someone, anyone, with a plan to grow the economy without solar panels as the main ticket or taxing people more.

In general criminal law doesn't go after a "collusion" charge, but "conspiracy" they go after all the time. I hope Donald Jr, has good lawyers, as well as Jared.

It's a little bit too soon to see what all the federal laws that were broken, by the Trump, and his criminal friends and family, but I'm sure Robert Mueller, and his team, are breathing down the necks of the Trump, and their criminal Russian connection.

Just about everyday we find out something new, like a Russian spy at that meeting, and then the sudden release of hacked emails. It's' just a matter of connecting all the dots.

The possible Federal laws broken, here is just one, Section 30121 of Title 52, that makes it a crime for any foreigner to contribute or donate money or some “other thing of value” in connection with an American election, and it looks like "information" counts as something as value.

A federal law, Section 30121 of Title 52, makes it a crime for any foreigner to contribute or donate money or some “other thing of value” in connection with an American election, or for anyone to solicit a foreigner to do so. Legal experts struggled to identify any precedent for prosecutions under that statute, but that phrase is common in other federal criminal statutes covering such crimes as bribery and threats, said Richard L. Hasen, an election-law professor at the University of California, Irvine. Courts have held, in other contexts, that a “thing of value” can be something intangible, like information.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/collusion-tru...

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 03:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Try traitor?....DNA

In general criminal law doesn't go after a "collusion" charge, but "conspiracy" they go after all the time. I hope Donald Jr, has good lawyers, as well as Jared.

It's a little bit too soon to see what all the federal laws that were broken, by the Trump, and his criminal friends and family, but I'm sure Robert Mueller, and his team, are breathing down the necks of the Trump, and their criminal Russian connection.

Just about everyday we find out something new, like a Russian spy at that meeting, and then the sudden release of hacked emails. It's' just a matter of connecting all the dots.

The possible Federal laws broken, here is just one, Section 30121 of Title 52, that makes it a crime for any foreigner to contribute or donate money or some “other thing of value” in connection with an American election, and it looks like "information" counts as something as value.

A federal law, Section 30121 of Title 52, makes it a crime for any foreigner to contribute or donate money or some “other thing of value” in connection with an American election, or for anyone to solicit a foreigner to do so. Legal experts struggled to identify any precedent for prosecutions under that statute, but that phrase is common in other federal criminal statutes covering such crimes as bribery and threats, said Richard L. Hasen, an election-law professor at the University of California, Irvine. Courts have held, in other contexts, that a “thing of value” can be something intangible, like information.

NO CRIMES WERE COMMITTED!
IT'S NOTHING BUT FAKE NEWS!

DaliDali - 7-16-2017 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Try traitor?....DNA

Is that sort of the "collusion" Cankles and gang pulled off with the Ukruskies?
In "general criminal law"......there REMAINS no such statute.
Conspiracy to commit what?....get the dirt on Hillary? Oh the horror.
Every campaign operative that ever lived should be in jail?
Entire industries make a living off of getting the dirt...off to the slammer with the lot!!.....Yeah buddy.
Dirt is dirt....NO ONE has ever been prosecuted for getting "information" that amounts to dirt on a political foe.
Nuke codes yes, trading scoop yes, military flight numbers yes.....
But dirt?....plain old Cankles dirt?....to be used in a political campaign?

Junior got duped.....Junior failed to list the contacts.......spilled the email chains........and Cankles took a hammer to phones and her email chains.......yeah buddy and you never batted an eyelash.

Can you even get one sniff of rank hypocrisy here?

Why weren't you and the other leftists screaming when Comey cut Cankles loose after he outlined a perfect case for violation of the Espionage act?
Oh hell no......you cheered it all.......with the corrupt Loretta laughing in the back of a plane.
Despicable and vile leftist....

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by DaliDali]

bajabuddha - 7-16-2017 at 04:00 PM

Dali, did you kiss your mom with that mouth? Can you not state your opinion without name-calling and frothing hate? How's 'bout the damned LOT of you go back to BNOT where you belong; this kind of crapola goes on there all day long, every day with the names and feuds and hatred. There are some here don't wanna hear all your vociferous horse hockey.

DOUG: please send this thread home.

DaliDali - 7-16-2017 at 04:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Dali, did you kiss your mom with that mouth? Can you not state your opinion without name-calling and frothing hate? How's 'bout the damned LOT of you go back to BNOT where you belong; this kind of crapola goes on there all day long, every day with the names and feuds and hatred. There are some here don't wanna hear all your vociferous horse hockey.

Offended by the word "hell".....oh the horror of it all....

Hate?....you kidding me right?...

And not a bat of an eye when a goat or some Joe spews it out.
Rank hypocrisy?....yeah buddy.

bajabuddha - 7-16-2017 at 04:20 PM

You're not my 'buddy', buddy. You're a pure shoe-in for the BNOT crowd. Go there with your rhetoric and your self-righteousness. Hell, yes... the "despicable and vile leftist" is just a bit much, don't you think? Of course you don't, you don't think to begin with..... that possibly 60% of the folks on this board will be offended by your b.s. Ever thought of that? Didn't think so. I'm tired of your kind of chit regardless of who spews it out; I expect it from JJJ, El, Mr Bile, and if I wanted to eat it for breakfast i'd tune in to BNOT... I prefer just the 'NOT' part. Now STFU, puh-lease. Feel alleviated now you've defended your side? Hope so for your sake, didn't do a thing for me.

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 04:24 PM

bajabuddha - 7-16-2017 at 04:25 PM

*SIGH* How did I know.

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 04:25 PM

You're not my 'buddy', buddy. You're a pure shoe-in for the BNOT crowd. Go there with your rhetoric and your self-righteousness. Hell, yes... the "despicable and vile leftist" is just a bit much, don't you think? Of course you don't, you don't think to begin with..... that possibly 60% of the folks on this board will be offended by your b.s. Ever thought of that? Didn't think so. I'm tired of your kind of chit regardless of who spews it out; I expect it from JJJ, El, Mr Bile, and if I wanted to eat it for breakfast i'd tune in to BNOT... I prefer just the 'NOT' part. Now STFU, puh-lease. Feel alleviated now you've defended your side? Hope so for your sake, didn't do a thing for me.

chuckie - 7-16-2017 at 04:26 PM

Time to shut this down....

bajabuddha - 7-16-2017 at 04:28 PM

I totally agree, Chuck. I urge people to use the REPORT tab and ask Doug to send this to its' proper file.

........ FLUSHHHHH....

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 04:41 PM

I totally agree, Chuck. I urge people to use the REPORT tab and ask Doug to send this to its' proper file.

........ FLUSHHHHH....

JoeJustJoe - 7-16-2017 at 04:42 PM

Is that sort of the "collusion" Cankles and gang pulled off with the Ukruskies?
In "general criminal law"......there REMAINS no such statute.
Conspiracy to commit what?....get the dirt on Hillary? Oh the horror.
Every campaign operative that ever lived should be in jail?
Entire industries make a living off of getting the dirt...off to the slammer with the lot!!.....Yeah buddy.
Dirt is dirt....NO ONE has ever been prosecuted for getting "information" that amounts to dirt on a political foe.
Nuke codes yes, trading scoop yes, military flight numbers yes.....
But dirt?....plain old Cankles dirt?....to be used in a political campaign?

Junior got duped.....Junior failed to list the contacts.......spilled the email chains........and Cankles took a hammer to phones and her email chains.......yeah buddy and you never batted an eyelash.

Can you even get one sniff of rank hypocrisy here?

Why weren't you and the other leftists screaming when Comey cut Cankles loose after he outlined a perfect case for violation of the Espionage act?
Oh hell no......you cheered it all.......with the corrupt Loretta laughing in the back of a plane.
Despicable and vile leftist....

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by DaliDali]

DaliDali, don't forget the Seth Rich, conspiracy theory, that Sean Hannity, was pushing to get the heat off Trump, and the Russian connection.

Whatever, you alleged with Hillary Clinton, does rise to the level of the Russian collusion and conspiracy between the Trump campaign, and at the highest levels in the Kremlin and with Putin.

I have seen some people put in federal prison for just lying to the FBI, and Jr, and the son-in-law, could be facing serious jail time in the future.

It's a little early to say, "there is no there there."

[Edited on 7-16-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

chuckie - 7-16-2017 at 04:45 PM

Thank you for your input, Jay Abucu Salman...YOU NAME IS NOT JOE..

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-16-2017 at 04:46 PM