BajaNomad

Worst stuck ever in Baja

4x4abc - 7-22-2017 at 02:38 PM

I had major surgery at hospital Fidepaz Monday.
Can't move
0:30 early Friday morning I need help.
Press the call button.
No response.
I try again.
And again.
By 1:15 I start to worry.
What if I develop a blood clot or so.
Contemplate calling 911 with my cell
Then I remember the last hospital bill - it should have a phone number.
Nope
Internet was mostly out all week.
I try anyway.
Get a very weak signal
Just enough to google the hospital's phone
First call drops right away
Then I reach a kind guy at the front desk
He isn't even surprised that I am trapped in his hospital.
Strange.
Help arrives at 1:40

Mexico is full of adventures!

StuckSucks - 7-22-2017 at 02:55 PM

Gotta agree - that is a pretty sucky stuck. Do you tunnel out or make a dash for the barbed wire fence? Good luck breaking free.

4x4abc - 7-22-2017 at 03:03 PM

I escaped safely today

AKgringo - 7-22-2017 at 03:09 PM

I have been stuck more than a few times, way north and south of the border. Most of them make interesting campfire stories, but high centered on a bed pan? That one doesn't make the lineup!

Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Bubba - 7-22-2017 at 05:46 PM

Look at the bright side, you could be stuck in the U.S. and dealing with Obammycare. Suck it up cowboy.

BajaBlanca - 7-22-2017 at 05:59 PM

You really should have a companion next time! get better fast.

TMW - 7-22-2017 at 07:09 PM

Get well soon Harald lots of trails to explore when the weather cools. We don't want to be dragging some guy on crutches around on those bumpy back roads. just kidding.

Hook - 7-22-2017 at 08:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
Look at the bright side, you could be stuck in the U.S. and dealing with Obammycare. Suck it up cowboy.

Or even worse...........be stuck in the US and have NO HEALTH CARE like several million Americans before Obamacare.

mtgoat666 - 7-22-2017 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  

Or even worse...........be stuck in the US and have NO HEALTH CARE like several million Americans before Obamacare.

Actually, it was quite a bit more. Depending on method counted, the additional insured under Obamacare is 18 to 25 million. Not bad!

Of course, that rankles some of the rich and selfish, so the GOP wants to repeal and throw 20 million off insurance. I kid you not! The architects are Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and when he can pay attention to details (which is not often), the Donald

[Edited on 7-23-2017 by mtgoat666]

Lee - 7-22-2017 at 08:40 PM

O-care really is the bight side. There is NO Trumpcare.

Lots of talk here. Nobody knows the walk.

Like a runaway train headed for the end of the line.

Glad things worked out.

StuckSucks - 7-23-2017 at 09:33 AM

Good job guys - this thread is heading down the traditional ugly rabbit hole.

TMW - 7-23-2017 at 01:19 PM

To get back on track.

During the Baja 2000 race we were chasing a class 8 truck. We were assigned to the area south of San Ignacio and north of Rancho La Cuarenta, what many refer to as the high road. There were many silt beds on the race course. We parked on a hill top and waited for our truck to come thru. We waited and waited. Finally the truck came thru in the early morning and didn't have any problems. We waited a while while other racers went thru and when things calmed down we headed down course.

We were in my 91 chevy 4x4 and had a motorcycle in the back. My two older brothers were with me. As we were picking our way thru the silt beds I high centered in one. As we got out about 20 Mexicans pop up out of nowhere. They surrounded my truck and I asked them if they were going to pick it up. They said yes. Well this I had to see, 20 guys picking up a full size extended cab truck full of gear. We're talking at least 6500 lbs or more. They tried and tried and tried some more but just couldn't get it up. They then tried to push me backwards, still no go. Finally one shows up in a Ford Ranger (little truck) we put a tow strap on me and him. When he connected the tow strap he went under the bumper then back over to the ball which was connect to the bumper not a receiver. He tries to slowly pull me back but no good. He then backs up and haul a$$ and pop I'm out. He bent his bumper about 90 degrees where the ball was. I gave him $20 and my older brother gave them a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beer and we get out of there before they found out it was not real beer.

EngineerMike - 7-23-2017 at 10:37 PM

Not to worry TMW, that's 0.6 N-A beers per volunteer. At that rate, they would only figure they drank to little to get a buzz any way.

David K - 7-24-2017 at 08:51 AM

See this post on how you might help Harald, 4x4abc: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=87132

[Edited on 7-29-2017 by David K]