BajaNomad

Pemex prices

acadist - 8-2-2017 at 11:05 PM

Crossing Thursday; what's the current price?

woody with a view - 8-3-2017 at 06:30 AM

Figure $3/gal

chuckie - 8-3-2017 at 06:59 AM

Once you get into Baja, shop around and find the best price...

greengoes - 8-3-2017 at 07:07 AM

3.80 a gallon for regular, mas o menos. Not sure of diesel.

mtgoat666 - 8-3-2017 at 07:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by acadist  
Crossing Thursday; what's the current price?

Does price data really matter?
Just go!
And let life present its little surprises!

pacificobob - 8-3-2017 at 08:27 AM

it costs what it costs. if you can afford to go, go. oh yes, have a great time.

BajaBill74 - 8-3-2017 at 08:57 AM

I drive a Prius, so it doesn't matter.

BajaTed - 8-3-2017 at 10:44 AM

FYI
Tesoro now owns and runs gasoline refineries and Arco just signed distribution deal with Pemex.

Run till empty to Cali/ Mexico border, fill up tank and cans at Pemex station along 1D and spend Cali gas tax $$ saved on some fish tacos

mtgoat666 - 8-3-2017 at 01:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Run till empty to Cali/ Mexico border, fill up tank and cans at Pemex station along 1D and spend Cali gas tax $$ saved on some fish tacos

I think gasoline is more expensive in mexico, so this may be bad advice from bajated...

Udo - 8-3-2017 at 01:14 PM

So far, the least expensive regular that I have seen in Northern Baja, is $15.40 per liter.
That is assuming you are paying cash.
That particular station is located just North of Puerto Nuevo, which you will drive by anyway when driving the Corredor 2000 toward Ensenada (via the Otay crossing)
It has been that price for about two months now.

AKgringo - 8-3-2017 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
So far, the least expensive regular that I have seen in Northern Baja, is $15.40 per liter.
That is assuming you are paying cash.
That particular station is located just North of Puerto Nuevo, which you will drive by anyway when driving the Corredor 2000 toward Ensenada (via the Otay crossing)
It has been that price for about two months now.

That would be $3.26 per gallon! I found a conversion web site;

https://www.vcalc.com/wiki/pro/US+Dollars+per+Gallon+from+Me...

Edit for spelling error

[Edited on 8-4-2017 by AKgringo]

David K - 8-3-2017 at 03:34 PM

Hi gang,
Wifi connected in Baja Sur, Thu pm.
Exchange was 17.35 per dollar.
San Felipe Pemex was 15.86/liter
Gonzaga Pemex was 16.36/liter or $3.56/dollar.
San Ignacio Pemex was 16.27/liter
20 liters of gas in San Miguel ComondĂș was 380 pesos or 19.00/liter (private vendor).
Weather is fantastic!
Hasta Pronto!

basautter - 8-3-2017 at 05:40 PM

Any word on diesel?

David K - 8-3-2017 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
Any word on diesel?

Next time I am at a Pemex with diesel, I will look at the price, unless another does before I have Internet again. I will be in the never-never some more for a couple days after today.

SFandH - 8-3-2017 at 06:25 PM

prices for regular, premium, diesel - 3.42, 3.79, 3.61 at 18 pesos per dollar, northern baja - source: pemex, august 2017

http://www.estradayasociados.com.mx/area-information/baja-ca...

AKgringo - 8-3-2017 at 09:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
prices for regular, premium, diesel - 3.42, 3.79, 3.61 at 18 pesos per dollar, northern baja - source: pemex, august 2017

http://www.estradayasociados.com.mx/area-information/baja-ca...

Those Baja prices are roughly a buck a gallon more than up here in Anchorage, and we are usually pretty high compared to the lower 48 states.

acadist - 8-4-2017 at 03:43 AM

Thanks all! Will fill up before crossing as my 37 gal tank doesn't get thirsty often but when it does it likes a nice long drink. And no, it doesn't matter if fuel is needed it will be bought but saving fifty cents plus a gallon adds up to some tacos :light:

basautter - 8-4-2017 at 06:49 AM

Thanks for the diesel update! I agree with a previous comment, it costs what it costs, but I like to pay in pesos so I need to know how much to bring. :?:

Alm - 8-4-2017 at 09:34 AM

Toss a coin (and use the gas pedal wisely). Wide range of gas prices in Ca, from $2.xx to $4.xx per gallon: http://www.californiagasprices.com/. Dial in your city - and even then, there will be a difference btw discount chains and fancier names, or btw central parts and obscure suburbs.

Baja falls somewhere in the middle.

Arguments of the kind "if you can't afford to go there, don't go there" are getting old (and are getting nowhere).

BajaTed - 8-4-2017 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

I think gasoline is more expensive in mexico, so this may be bad advice from bajated...

Thanks for the correction, but realize after this Sept. when the $.12 a gallon gas tax kicks in along with the next years cap and trade anticipated gas cost increase of $.63 in Cali. , it may come to be

David K - 8-5-2017 at 09:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
Thanks for the diesel update! I agree with a previous comment, it costs what it costs, but I like to pay in pesos so I need to know how much to bring. :?:

Diesel at Ciudad Insurgentes was 16.48 pesos/liter on Friday 8-14-17
Magna was 15.71/liter.
When I fill up in La Paz, I will check again.

acadist - 8-6-2017 at 05:03 AM

When I fill up in La Paz, I will check again.[/rquote]

How long will you be in La Paz? We will be there Monday afternoon

David K - 8-6-2017 at 11:23 AM

Got my tire fixed this morning and I am so beat up from all the driving my body says rest more before another day of mapping! Tomorrow I will do the cape loop and Tuesday other roads out from La Paz. I am staying at 4x4abc's place. He is in a wheelchair for a few more weeks. He and I share a passion for the history down here. So, some company for him to talk about our discoveries.