BajaNomad

FMM at chaparral

del mar - 8-17-2017 at 10:15 AM

this may have already been discussed and im late to the party again.....but if you're used to parking under the declare canopy to get your FMM that door is now closed and the the FMM's are now at the area the buses stop with a couple nice young ladies at two stations rather than that small office. its pretty slick :yes:

DawnPatrol - 8-17-2017 at 10:25 AM

That's pretty cool. I have to get my new 6 month on the next trio down. It was a bummer sometimes going into that small office when there was a busload of people trying to get theirs. This will be rapido.....

bajaguy - 8-17-2017 at 10:26 AM

Can you still park under the canopy and enter the building through the north(??) door and walk through to the "new" FMM stations??

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
this may have already been discussed and im late to the party again.....but if you're used to parking under the declare canopy to get your FMM that door is now closed and the the FMM's are now at the area the buses stop with a couple nice young ladies at two stations rather than that small office. its pretty slick :yes:

SFandH - 8-17-2017 at 10:30 AM

I guess that's my question too. I've always stopped before I go through the traffic gates. Does the change require you to go through the gates first and then park on the far side (south I guess) end of the building?

del mar - 8-17-2017 at 10:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Can you still park under the canopy and enter the building through the north(??) door and walk through to the "new" FMM stations??

no, the north entrance is permanently closed, but you can walk along outside the building

bajaguy - 8-17-2017 at 12:41 PM

OK, thanks

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

no, the north entrance is permanently closed, but you can walk along outside the building

Jinete Viejo - 8-18-2017 at 12:47 AM

Is there a better place to park other than outside the old north entrance?

BajaMama - 8-18-2017 at 05:55 AM

If I need to declare I enter the building on the north side before I cross the border, but for immigration, I cross the border first then enter the building from the south?

SFandH - 8-18-2017 at 08:41 AM

I've parked in both parking lots, the one on the north side of the building before the gates and the other on the south side after the gates. The one time I parked in the south side lot it was crowded and somewhat chaotic with two tour buses of people getting FMMs and other cars. Bad luck, I hit it at the wrong time.

I think I'll park in the north lot the next time I get an FMM and just walk to the south entrance as del mar said.

I don't know about declaring things.

Udo - 8-18-2017 at 08:50 AM

Yes, cross at Otay Mesa. Small office just before crossing into Baja. The office is on the right. Bank and aduana right there.

Quote: Originally posted by Jinete Viejo  
Is there a better place to park other than outside the old north entrance?

del mar - 8-18-2017 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I've parked in both parking lots, the one on the north side of the building before the gates and the other on the south side after the gates. The one time I parked in the south side lot it was crowded and somewhat chaotic with two tour buses of people getting FMMs and other cars. Bad luck, I hit it at the wrong time.

I think I'll park in the north lot the next time I get an FMM and just walk to the south entrance as del mar said.

I don't know about declaring things.

yup..I'd still park under the declare canopy and walk around, tons of easy parking

fandango - 8-26-2017 at 11:19 PM

I stopped to declare some items and pick up an fmm a few days ago. I parked in the declare parking area and walked down the left side of the building to get my fmm. The cost was $500.00mxn.

Then went to get an agent at the window to import my things. We walked through the doors to inspect and fill out the small form that is on a desk in the parking lot. To get back in the building he directed me to the turnstile on the right side of the building. This way takes you to a queue where an agent asked for my passport. She was there to direct me to the correct desk. She was surprised to see that I had a current fmm. Sounds like they don't want you to walk along the left side of the building but I was there early, before she was in place.

There was no way to park in the other lot. All entries were barricaded. Before and after crossing the border.

My items totaled $210.00 with receipts. No charge for the $100.00 used chair but I had to pay 17% on the $110.00 for 2 new fountains.