BajaNomad

The Blue Anchor Restaurant in Loreto

BajaBlanca - 8-20-2017 at 08:08 PM

We just had dinner at a new place for us. Located right on the malecon, we loved our dinner at the Blue Anchor. We only went because Les found a flyer in our hotel room.

I had bacon wrapped shrimp in a white wine sauce. Out of this world delicious. Les had a coconut shrimp that was also great, he thought the portion a bit small. Our friend had molcohete and it was a huge bowl filled with goodies. The meat and veggies were cooked to perfection.

The view from the second floor deck was nice and although there was no a/c and it is very hot here, at 5:45 the air cooled a bit and it was pleasant.

My margarita was muy bueno too.

Lee - 8-20-2017 at 08:50 PM

I'll try it next time I'm in town. Try Mezzaluna (Hidalgo y El Centro) for pasta/pizza. Cafe Ole for breakfast -- they open at 7am.

fish101 - 8-21-2017 at 06:38 AM

Have to agree with Blanca concerning the Blue Anchor Restaurant, as it does have very good food. They open early every morning and serve a very good breakfast as well. The Restaurant is located on the Malecon in the Silverking Dry Boat Storage yard and has been open for a little over a year now. They also prepare "Box Lunches" for anyone that wants to pack a lunch for the fishing trip. Requests for box lunches must be made in advance.

jbcoug - 8-21-2017 at 10:32 AM

Wish I had known about this place, sounds good! Will try it next time I come through.