BajaNomad

Are there any good, inexpensive dentists in San Felipe?

Packoderm - 2-19-2005 at 02:30 AM

bajalou - 2-19-2005 at 08:28 AM

Several are here packy, Don't remember full names but they are easy to find if you're here.
Dr Felix, Ester,dr Castanada and wife are a few. Someone else will probably list more - maybe with addresses.

:biggrin:

more dentist questions

germanchick - 2-19-2005 at 10:26 AM

How expensive is dentist work in San Felipe? Does anyone have experience? Just curious after just having been hit with a killer bill from my dentist in California. Maybe I should go to one in San Felipe next time I am there.

more dentist questions

germanchick - 2-19-2005 at 10:31 AM

How expensive is dentist work in San Felipe? Does anyone have experience? Just curious after just having been hit with a killer bill from my dentist in California. Maybe I should go to one in San Felipe next time I am there.

tim40 - 2-19-2005 at 12:15 PM

Welcome GC. I have a number of second hand suggested costs for dental service in SF area, but none from that have been there and had that done. I too would be most interested in those that have actual first person experiences.

bajalou - 2-19-2005 at 12:28 PM

You'll be lucky to have any dinner for the next week. I've used one, Constanada, while friends have used the other ones. been a whild but about 20% of Calif costs as I remember. Picked up a crown for a friend that had to return to US - $60

wornout - 2-19-2005 at 07:26 PM

My wife and I go to Ester. Our last cleaning was $20 going to $25 next time. I had my front tooth capped two years ago. One was capped in the the old country years ago and this was the other one. The one in the states was $800. Ester capped the other one for $125. This included taking the impression, shipping it to Ensenada and then shipping the cap back. I have had no problems with the cap. Ah, Baja!

tim40 - 2-19-2005 at 10:19 PM

I just paid 50% (insurance the other half) of an $1100.00 crown job here in LA and I would say I am less than pleased.

dentistry

germanchick - 2-22-2005 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for all your responses to the dentist cost question. Yes, a crown job in California is about $ 1,000 or more, and most insurance companies pay only half or less. It looks like having one done in Mexico might be cheaper even if one pays entirely out of pocket.

bajalou - 2-22-2005 at 10:14 AM

Thousands of people from all over the US come to mexico each year for dental - vision- - etc work. They say they pay for the entire vacation trip with what they save on the work. It is very rare to hear someone who is not satisfied with the work.