BajaNomad

Crooked Punta Final Lawyer got caught

Edguero - 8-21-2017 at 08:02 PM

http://zetatijuana.com/2017/08/funcionario-de-ensenada-denun...

DawnPatrol - 8-23-2017 at 01:09 PM

I like the way the Mexican Press just showed the Americano's entire cashed check, with home address, with bank info (routing number and checking account number). LOL

isn't here any privacy anymore???? lol

hope they have closed out that account !!!

David K - 8-23-2017 at 03:02 PM

Punta Final has had quite a history!

Originally, it was a landing called Puerto de San Francisquito (yes, another one). The bay south of Alfonsina's is technically Ensenada de San Francisquito, not 'Gonzaga'.

First 'resort' established was called Villa Mar Y Sol, late 1960s.
The only problem was the developer didn't own the land!

Josefina Zuñiga of Rancho Santa Ynez did... Her ranch foreman and partner, Fred Hampe, attempted to connect the two properties via Mission Santa María. The attempt ended, two miles east of the mission about when Mexico finally built the Transpeninsular Highway, thus reducing the time to commute between the two points.

The name was changed to Punta Final (after the nearby point).

Josefina passed away and Fred or their partners sold the Punta Final land to a Korean businessman, maybe it was just some of the land?

While not clear, I heard that Santa Ynez (and maybe some of Punta Final was sold to Don Briggs, a Vista, CA nursery owner)?

Baja Nomad 'steekers' was writing a book on the Santa Ynez story, so I defer to his research.

Some maps from 1970:

AAA guidebook

Baja Guide by Cliff Cross, 1970.

SFandH - 8-23-2017 at 03:57 PM

Too bad for the folks that got robbed. Must be maddening.

I wonder if they really had a case. Can the government limit how much a property owner can raise the rent, which is what is suggested in the article?

willardguy - 8-23-2017 at 03:58 PM

depends which story you choose to believe.....according to Alfonsina, Rudy,Tom and Margarita were the rightful owners and Josefina managed to steal the property through her well known political connections, bringing in the mexican navy with bulldozers and leveling the homes and restaurant. now enter Kevin Choi....:no:

SFandH - 8-23-2017 at 04:01 PM

yikes, Mexican real estate can be a snake pit.

Feel sorry for the folks, especially the older ones with little time to recover, who lost out.