BajaNomad

Border wait time today/Updated with new question

Howard - 8-21-2017 at 08:37 PM

I normally cross Northbound at Tecate decided, what the hell, how bad can a Monday at 2:00 P.M. be, so I crossed at Tijuana.

I am so peeed at myself, what was I thinking?

Three hours and didn't even get pulled into secondary! It looked like all booths were open and they were taking a lot of time with each vehicle but somehow mine was very brief, didn't even open up the doors in my Jeep Liberty. Not a nice way to end a quick 8 day trip.

Me and Forest, stupid is as stupid does.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am switching my South Dakota plated car back to California plates ( I really hated to do it for a number of reasons) and waiting for the new license plates with the new numbers. (It has been in Baja for the last 3 years and she is now living in California) When I get the new plates I will apply for the Sentri, etc.

Anyone have recent experience on a new application and the different time lines before you actually received the card? Any tips?

[Edited on 8-28-2017 by Howard]

[Edited on 8-28-2017 by Howard]

willardguy - 8-21-2017 at 08:43 PM

rosarito Baja Blues Festival?

[Edited on 8-22-2017 by willardguy]

Howard - 8-21-2017 at 09:13 PM

Maybe the festival, but I think they were just taking a lot more time with each car. The back up started a couple hundred yards before the shops but it just crawled at a snails pace. Naturally I think I was in the slowest lane but it always seems that way. As I said, all booths seemed open.
Got to get a Sentri pass!

Paco Facullo - 8-21-2017 at 09:36 PM

NEVER and I mean NEVER ask " How bad can it be ?"

You most likely will get the answer....

as you did...............

Pescador - 8-22-2017 at 10:11 AM

30 minutes with Ready at Otay.
About the same time. 1:15 pm

shari - 8-22-2017 at 10:16 AM

Alot of Mexican Americans holiday with their families and returned on Monday as the kids had to get back to school.

Howard - 8-22-2017 at 10:23 AM

Perhaps Shari got it. I thought it was my imagination that there were an over whelming amount of Mexicans in line VS gringos.

DENNIS - 8-23-2017 at 01:35 PM

...............................SENTRI..................

BajaMama - 8-28-2017 at 12:08 PM

Anyone who crosses frequently should invent in a SENTRI/Global Enry/TSA Pre. Three minutes at Otay. Worth. Every. Penny.

ehall - 8-28-2017 at 03:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Anyone who crosses frequently should invent in a SENTRI/Global Enry/TSA Pre. Three minutes at Otay. Worth. Every. Penny.

Or ride a moto and go straight to the front of the line.