BajaNomad

Sabor de Baja Culinary Competion at Rosarito Beach Hotel Tomorrow

GypsyJan - 8-29-2017 at 01:10 PM

http://www.sabordebaja.com/

Udo - 8-29-2017 at 06:28 PM

A lot of friends in the Ensenada area are going.

My personal decision is not to go.

A- they start feeding too late...6:30 to 7 p.m. The also end the feeding and wine waaay late...11 p.m.

The drive to Ensenada is not safe that late, and the other alternative is to stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel...another $100.00 USD per night!

DENNIS - 8-29-2017 at 06:45 PM

Just the latest attempt to start a Baja signature style and get some much needed payday attention. It isn't the first effort. The abomination architecture along the coast between Rosarito and Ensenada was the most notable of misguided efforts to establish a "Baja style."
What ever became of "Baja Med", the last big Baja flop for foodies?

Udo - 8-29-2017 at 07:17 PM

!!

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Just the latest attempt to start a Baja signature style and get some much needed payday attention. It isn't the first effort. The abomination architecture along the coast between Rosarito and Ensenada was the most notable of misguided efforts to establish a "Baja style."
What ever became of "Baja Med", the last big Baja flop for foodies?

I Like the Idea

GypsyJan - 8-29-2017 at 07:18 PM

But, if it costs US $85, I would be looking for sushi and caviar.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2017 at 07:50 PM

My daughter and I are going for the first time. I am sitting with some very nice people and look forward to fun. It was a challenge getting all white apparel, thank God for Amazon.com!!

Udo - 8-30-2017 at 08:19 AM

Almost $1,500 Mexican Pesos!

You could not eat or drink that much to justify the price. PLUS you still need to stay at the hotel because of the late night food. Another $100+ USD.

Great money-maker for the Rosarito Beach hotel

Quote: Originally posted by GypsyJan  
But, if it costs US $85, I would be looking for sushi and caviar.

willardguy - 8-30-2017 at 08:56 AM

yup...can you imagine having to wait until 6pm to eat!!!!:lol:

EnsenadaDr - 8-30-2017 at 10:59 PM

Excellent cuisine and turnout great entertainment by M Malak weather just gorgeous.

Sabor de Baja

bigmike - 9-1-2017 at 10:11 PM

Fantastic event, Udo don't know where you get your information, doors opened at 5:30pm and food and wine were available at that time. The event is far better than Cofradia which was very close to the same price, the big exception was a lot less people at this event. Many people chose to drive home to our area, but most of us decided to stay at the hotel, this is the 5th year and we have attended each year and the event just keeps getting better each year, in case your interested it will be held on August 28th next year.

Udo - 9-2-2017 at 08:06 AM

I remember my information from year three. Have not returned since.

Quote: Originally posted by bigmike  
Fantastic event, Udo don't know where you get your information, doors opened at 5:30pm and food and wine were available at that time. The event is far better than Cofradia which was very close to the same price, the big exception was a lot less people at this event. Many people chose to drive home to our area, but most of us decided to stay at the hotel, this is the 5th year and we have attended each year and the event just keeps getting better each year, in case your interested it will be held on August 28th next year.

DENNIS - 9-2-2017 at 08:18 AM

You guys were the life of the party:

https://www.askideas.com/media/13/Funny-Drunk-Friends.jpg

bigmike - 9-2-2017 at 08:33 AM

Sometimes peoples memory fails them!!

DENNIS - 9-2-2017 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bigmike  
Sometimes peoples memory fails them!!

That's just the beginning.:lol:

del mar - 9-2-2017 at 10:14 AM

not being a foodie or a wine guy it wasn't my kind of event but most my neighbors attended to rave reviews.....the only negative review i've heard is from people that didn't attend! go figure....