BajaNomad

San Luis crossing & 30 days of phone / data?

C205Driver - 9-1-2017 at 02:27 PM

.. If life does not interfe, planning my annual trip to Baja... Will be in Los Algodones for some dental work & then head out from there... How is the border crossing into Baja there & San Luis, or, should I head to Mexacali or??? Also wondering what are the current options for a 30 day cell & data card ... Would like minimum of 2-3 GB of data with top off option... TIA Wish I could remember who I loaned my Baja Almanac to!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKgringo - 9-1-2017 at 08:34 PM

I have only used the San Luis crossing once in 2013, and that was by accident. I followed the wrong signs thinking I would wind up at Algodones.

It was mid day, mid week, and was one of the fastest crossings I have ever made! I never even made eye contact with a human, let alone talk to one or show ID. It was just an arm that raised and lowered to allow one car at a time.

It was before I realized that an FMM was required for Baja, so I have no idea where you would get one. I returned through Algodones, and it appeared to be a bit more involved than San Luis.

Can't help with the data question, I just don't need to be that connected.

C205Driver - 9-2-2017 at 08:24 AM

... Thanks AK.... I think I'll give it a try; what could possibly go wrong? And with a little luck maybe next summer you can help us with Northern border crossing questions.... Ade .... still looking for answers on data package!