BajaNomad

Baja Sunrises

Skipjack Joe - 9-4-2017 at 08:57 PM

The folks at San Lucas Cove RV park are some of the luckiest in the world. Every morning they wake up to some version of this scene. Sometimes it's purple. Sometimes it's red. And they do take advantage of it. Most are up and about walking the shoreline about this time.

bajabuddha - 9-4-2017 at 09:08 PM

*sigh* ... if you're still there, tell the restaurant staff I said hello, and I miss the sunrises too. Great pic. The upper left corner is where I had my greatest 'fish battle' a few years' back. A calm days' worth of weather makes for a great trip around the island and the mine, port and town.

Memories are golden. Thanks.

Skipjack Joe - 9-4-2017 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
*sigh* ... if you're still there, tell the restaurant staff I said hello, and I miss the sunrises too. Great pic. The upper left corner is where I had my greatest 'fish battle' a few years' back. A calm days' worth of weather makes for a great trip around the island and the mine, port and town.

Memories are golden. Thanks.

Heh. Well, actually I'm not there. Like you, I'm posting memories in order to keep them fresh.

Meany - 9-5-2017 at 06:40 AM

Nice memories...

Skipjack Joe - 9-30-2017 at 09:47 AM

Years ago I would watch Jim Anderson's (Pepcador) wife always come out of their camper at San Lucas Cove just before twilight to watch the light show. The colors were much more muted than at sunrise. A gentle pink/lavender affair that filled the horizon. I never paid it much mind up until then but recently have tried to capture it. And it always reminds me of Marika.

[Edited on 9-30-2017 by Skipjack Joe]

wessongroup - 9-30-2017 at 10:35 AM

Thanks much ... always nice

baitcast - 10-17-2017 at 09:36 AM

O so nice Igor....Haven't seen much of u lately but I know how that is.........Health issues have held me down as well,its always something....some more nice ones would be good.
Rob

shari - 10-17-2017 at 02:54 PM

here are a couple from your beloved Bahia Asuncion from a few days ago....enjoy and heal amigo.

[Edited on 10-17-2017 by shari]

Skipjack Joe - 10-17-2017 at 04:41 PM

Thanks for sharing Shari. The second one is my favorite.

Russ - 10-17-2017 at 07:31 PM

YES, You all got them right and it makes ya just feel good to see them. Thanks

Skipjack Joe - 10-19-2017 at 06:29 PM

You've seen this one already. I'm posting it on Osprey's birthday.

gueribo - 10-19-2017 at 06:45 PM

Beautiful thread. Wish I were there. Thanks.