BajaNomad

Mag. Bay Lodging

bajagrouper - 9-6-2017 at 03:27 PM

Is there a list on this site or any recommendations for a place to stay in Puerto Lopez Mateos during February...thanks

msteve1014 - 9-6-2017 at 05:23 PM

Mula has a casita there for rent. It was very nice when we were there.
She is not in town now but may have some one that can help you.
try the u to u

David K - 9-6-2017 at 06:10 PM

I was there a few weeks ago, Mula recommended the Hotel Refugio (she also was away when I was in town). The manager's name was RĂ³man. It is on the right as you enter town, past the Pemex station.

A very simple room, inexpensive at 350 pesos.
This may have been off-season (summer) rates when nobody is there because of heat and mosquitos?

There is also Mag Bay Outfitters if you want to go fishing, operated by the Hoyt family. Maybe search them on Google?

shari - 9-6-2017 at 06:44 PM

Mula has been busy gallivanting around with these Baja women on a chick trip to do some reconnaissance in our area ...they stopped in here for the world's best shrimp tacos and to camp at our cabin in San Roque...nie to meet them and see Linda again!

bajagrouper - 9-6-2017 at 07:46 PM

Shari, I stayed with you and Juan a few years ago, stayed in the stone house for 4 days working on my amber ( remember? ) and am planning to stay with you guys again before heading to Lopez Mateos...I sent Mula a U2U asking about lodging......Like your neckless.......Rick

[Edited on 9-7-2017 by bajagrouper]

David K - 9-7-2017 at 02:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Mula has been busy gallivanting around with these Baja women on a chick trip to do some reconnaissance in our area ...they stopped in here for the world's best shrimp tacos and to camp at our cabin in San Roque...nie to meet them and see Linda again!

Shari, I know you and 'BajaLinda' in the photo, but could you give all the names (left to right) for everyone to "meet" them?

bajalinda - 9-8-2017 at 07:05 AM

X2 on Mula's casita. We have stayed there twice during whale-watching season and loved it. U2U Mula for more info.

There are also 3 or 4 motels in Lopez Mateos - the Refugio being the most recent/newest, I think. Reports are that the rooms are adequate, but small. Again, check with Mula on this board for more info.

shari - 9-8-2017 at 08:50 AM

Baja women unite! It was a welcome change from the usual guests who are mostly older guys! I look forward to seeing what these ladies have going on in their respective places.

From left to right is sweet Betita(Beth)who has a place here, Liz Bracken who operates El Tiburon casitas in Loreto, moi, Cheri King from Mag Bay(with the rentel casita) and lovely Linda from La Aguja near Todos Santos.

BajaBlanca - 9-8-2017 at 11:33 AM

Me too! I want to visit Mula's as well as Liz's places!

Here they are when they visited us in La Bocana!

rsz_img_4218.jpg - 114kB

rsz_img_4217.jpg - 123kB

David K - 9-8-2017 at 12:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Baja women unite! It was a welcome change from the usual guests who are mostly older guys! I look forward to seeing what these ladies have going on in their respective places.

From left to right is sweet Betita(Beth)who has a place here, Liz Bracken who operates El Tiburon casitas in Loreto, moi, Cheri King from Mag Bay(with the rentel casita) and lovely Linda from La Aguja near Todos Santos.

Thank you Shari! When I get home I will post a map showing La Aguja... a long ways from Todos but almost across the peninsula from La Paz. ;) www.playaspacificas.com is her business site.

bajalinda - 9-8-2017 at 04:55 PM

Thanks Shari and David - Yes, La Aguja is not really near Todos Santos at all. We are more or less just about half way between Todos Santos and Mag Bay - almost straight across the peninsula from La Paz.

Liz, Cheri and I had a blast on our exploring trip. We should probably start another thread about it, so we don't highjack bajagroupers' question! In short, we decided to explore the coast from Pt. Abreojos up to Pt. Eugenia, Isla Natividad, Malarrimo, and back. Liz was the photographer on this trip and she is not on Nomads, so when I sort through her pics, I'll try to post some on a new thread.

Bajagrouper.......back to you - hope you get the info you need.

David K - 9-8-2017 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalinda  
Thanks Shari and David - Yes, La Aguja is not really near Todos Santos at all. We are more or less just about half way between Todos Santos and Mag Bay - almost straight across the peninsula from La Paz.

Liz, Cheri and I had a blast on our exploring trip. We should probably start another thread about it, so we don't highjack bajagroupers' question! In short, we decided to explore the coast from Pt. Abreojos up to Pt. Eugenia, Isla Natividad, Malarrimo, and back. Liz was the photographer on this trip and she is not on Nomads, so when I sort through her pics, I'll try to post some on a new thread.

Bajagrouper.......back to you - hope you get the info you need.

I hope the map I made you ladies didn't put you in the deep mud! ;)

Here is La Aguja (Playas Pacificas):

Mula - 9-9-2017 at 05:47 AM

Thanks, David, the maps helped a lot and no, we did not get stuck once.

Good equipment and good drivers!

Last Feb. I did the San Luis Gonzaga, Los Burros to San Ever is to trip, also.

Mula - 9-9-2017 at 05:50 AM

Thanks, David, the maps helped a lot and no, we did not get stuck once.

Good equipment and good drivers!

Last Feb. I did the San Luis Gonzaga, Los Burros to San Everisto trip, also.

shari - 9-9-2017 at 08:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalinda  

sorry about the location goof up...I would love to hear a detailed trip report of your adventure.