BajaNomad

Tacos in Japan

Martyman - 9-7-2017 at 05:12 AM

Had a craving...checked out Trip Advisor and found a Mexican place in Osaka. La Fonda, had a couple margaritas, guacamole and chips and some tacos. My wife ended the great meal with a shot of Don Julio reposado.
We've been loving the Japanese food but sometimes you just gotta have tacos. Off to Australia in a few more days for three months. I hope they have tacos!

chuckie - 9-7-2017 at 06:15 AM

No worries, mate..They got em!

shari - 9-7-2017 at 06:53 AM

sounds like an adventure......ummm....Vegemite tacos!

chuckie - 9-7-2017 at 06:59 AM

YUK!

woody with a view - 9-7-2017 at 08:20 AM

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&...

Hook - 9-7-2017 at 09:30 AM

On our three week honeymoon in Greece in the late 1990s, we actually got tired of gyro pitas, octopus, dolmas and mousaka and searched everywhere for, you guessed it, Mexican food. We finally found it on the island of Naxos, I believe. They only had Cuervo and Corona, of course, but the Mexican food was surprisingly authentic and good. We had to know how this came about, so we chatted up the owners.

Naturally, they were from California.

AKgringo - 9-7-2017 at 09:49 AM

Anchorage is quite a melting pot, with a surprisingly large Mexican population. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is here, not as much for the tacos and enchiladas, but for the way they prepare seafood!

Real S.O.B. style and flavor! I'm getting hungry.

BigBearRider - 9-7-2017 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Anchorage is quite a melting pot, with a surprisingly large Mexican population. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is here, not as much for the tacos and enchiladas, but for the way they prepare seafood!

What's the name of the restaurant, please?

AKgringo - 9-7-2017 at 10:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

What's the name of the restaurant, please?

Don Jose's, on E. Northern lights! Their carne asada is pretty tasty also!

[Edited on 9-7-2017 by AKgringo]

And I am Craving Authentic Japanese food in Baja

GypsyJan - 9-7-2017 at 05:13 PM

Our local restaurant in Rosarito is some kind of chain, Yakimeshi House, and the rice is dreadful. I was so disappointed.

basautter - 9-7-2017 at 06:27 PM

Aco's Tacos was my favorite on Okinowa. Not really a traditional taco, but really good!

BajaBlanca - 9-8-2017 at 12:06 PM

GypsyJan - La Bocana is well known for sushi and other Japanese delicacies. Way back before our coming here, someone brought a chef in to town and he taught the local ladies how to make many dishes.

Interesting how another culture has been incorporated food-wise. We have a huge selection of Japanese products in our supermarket!