BajaNomad

Sodastream Refill of CO2 bottle

wiltonh - 9-11-2017 at 04:22 PM

Has anyone ever tried to refill the CO2 bottle for a Sodasteam machine in Baja?

On there web page it appears that you have to deliver the bottle to a third party and get a number which you send to Sodastream. They then send you another bottle.

That does not work well for me. I would rather deliver the bottle to a store and get a new one like it is done here in the states.

Any ideas?

charliemanson - 9-11-2017 at 05:03 PM

Must be getting close to migration time. Baja and Sodastream plus convince....s++t here we go. Let the games begin

bajaguy - 9-11-2017 at 05:15 PM

Where are you located in Baja??

Quote: Originally posted by wiltonh  
Has anyone ever tried to refill the CO2 bottle for a Sodasteam machine in Baja?

On there web page it appears that you have to deliver the bottle to a third party and get a number which you send to Sodastream. They then send you another bottle.

That does not work well for me. I would rather deliver the bottle to a store and get a new one like it is done here in the states.

Any ideas?

wiltonh - 9-11-2017 at 05:33 PM

We will be near La Paz.

bajaguy - 9-11-2017 at 05:54 PM

OK, no help. I was going to send you to a couple of places in Ensenada. What type of valve does that have??

We will be near La Paz.

wiltonh - 9-11-2017 at 06:19 PM

It is the 60L standard bottle from Sodastrean. I am not sure what they call it. It is a custom connector.

bajaguy - 9-11-2017 at 06:28 PM

Look around for an industrial gas supplier. If you can't readily find one, go to a welding shop and ask for directions They may be able to put together an adapter.

Here are some other ideas........
https://sodamakerclub.com/diy-refills/

It is the 60L standard bottle from Sodastrean. I am not sure what they call it. It is a custom connector.

[Edited on 9-12-2017 by bajaguy]

wiltonh - 9-11-2017 at 06:50 PM

Thanks for the link. They do have some interesting ideas.

Udo - 9-11-2017 at 06:58 PM

Did you check Amazon?

bajaguy - 9-11-2017 at 07:10 PM

You don't have to buy a small CO2 bottle from a gas supplier they have a deposit/rental program

Thanks for the link. They do have some interesting ideas.

wiltonh - 9-12-2017 at 09:34 AM

I know that Amazon has the refills but getting them to a little fishing village South of La Paz is not easy. The town does not even have real street addresses.

I was hoping that someone could tell me about one of the big stores in La Paz that has an exchange program.

Fernweh - 9-12-2017 at 02:56 PM

There is a gas supplier in La Paz I know of,
on Jalisco, 1 block southwest of Abasolo.
Not sure they can help you, but worth a try.....

mtgoat666 - 9-12-2017 at 03:19 PM

sodastream uses a proprietary connector. that's how they milk their customers for money from refills.

if you want CO2 in baja, get a small bottle and common regulator/dispensor. You need an air gas vendor to get CO2 fills. if they wont sell retail, go to a welding shop and they can probably buy wholesale, them sell to you.
there are instructions for DIY soda water dispensers on the web.