BajaNomad

Look Out Baja, Now the Mota Will Be Coming South

GypsyJan - 9-11-2017 at 07:38 PM

From the San Diego Union Tribune

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/sd-me-mari...

Lee - 9-11-2017 at 08:22 PM

Mota going South? It's been going South for a long, long time.... from California growers, no less. At least that's what I hear on the streets of Pescadero.

55steve - 9-12-2017 at 07:36 PM

There is absolutely fine mota being grown in Baja. There is absolutely no need for any to head south.

Lee - 9-12-2017 at 08:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  
There is absolutely fine mota being grown in Baja. There is absolutely no need for any to head south.

Some gringoes are snobs. Fine might not be good enough. And, I've never heard of good mota SOB. Must be grown by gringoes.

motoged - 9-12-2017 at 11:54 PM

Mexicans probably simply keep the good stuff....

Aside from personal product that I have seen that gringos bring down....I have been made aware of Californian product available in Cabo-Todos Santos for premium prices....

Good business opportunity until a few cartel guys figure out who their competition is....

Tbone - 9-13-2017 at 07:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  

Some gringoes are snobs. Fine might not be good enough. And, I've never heard of good mota SOB. Must be grown by gringoes.

SOB weed is skank at best and in no way compares to the awesome northern ca bud. If that makes me a snob so be it.

motoged - 9-13-2017 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tbone  
Some gringoes are snobs. Fine might not be good enough. And, I've never heard of good mota SOB. Must be grown by gringoes.[/rquote]

SOB weed is skank at best and in no way compares to the awesome northern ca bud. If that makes me a snob so be it.

.... and then there is BC bud.....folks tell me it is a bit "higher" on that scale... and which makes the stuff they offer at legal dispensaries in the moderate range... and at $10-12 / gram will not stop aficionados from keeping their local friendly grower busy...

That's what folks have told me....

Lee - 9-13-2017 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Mexicans probably simply keep the good stuff....

Aside from personal product that I have seen that gringos bring down....I have been made aware of Californian product available in Cabo-Todos Santos for premium prices....

Good business opportunity until a few cartel guys figure out who their competition is....

Premium prices, indeed. Colorado: $45/quarter. Willy's Reserve $45/ eighth. 22-25% THC. Right up there with Durban Poison.

http://www.terrapincarestation.com/stores/folsom-st/

norte - 9-13-2017 at 02:02 PM

Weed aficionados. Hope the military don't catch you. wouldn't want you to be someones butt buddy.

Lee - 9-13-2017 at 04:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tbone  

I think more MX's are returning SOB after buying the very best bud nature & science has to offer. They know BCN doesn't have top shelf. At least that's what I'm reading.

Doubt they think of themselves as aficionados.

''The council majority said, however, that creating a local supply chain for the city’s dispensaries would boost the economy, create jobs and improve the quality and safety of local marijuana by eliminating the need to truck it in from elsewhere.''

San Diego: moving at light speed into the future.

Weed Whacking

MrBillM - 9-13-2017 at 05:08 PM

?

"..........Weed aficionados. Hope the military don't catch you. wouldn't want you to be someones butt buddy......."

I would hope that the Mexican authorities DO catch you.

BajaTed - 9-13-2017 at 05:23 PM

The city of Blythe is moving toward an outdoor grow ordinance.
Every commercial building in Needles is a indoor grow operation.

The weed industry is changing the desert.

motoged - 9-13-2017 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
?

"..........Weed aficionados. Hope the military don't catch you. wouldn't want you to be someones butt buddy......."

I would hope that the Mexican authorities DO catch you.

Yeah, but you seem intolerant of most things aside from cynicism...

elgatoloco - 9-13-2017 at 06:58 PM

Friend in Landers area saying that the landscape is changing.
Lots of wooden fences going up around plots of land that were not worth much a short while back. Sort of a land rush if you will. Lots of $$ to be made. :saint::dudette:

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
The city of Blythe is moving toward an outdoor grow ordinance.
Every commercial building in Needles is a indoor grow operation.

The weed industry is changing the desert.

basautter - 9-13-2017 at 07:35 PM

How will they get past the wall :?:

SFandH - 9-13-2017 at 07:44 PM

My how times change, for the better in this case. I picked up a San Diego Reader today in OB and the back 10 pages are all color advertisements for pot stores.

Back in the day it was a felony to grow some dirt weed in a flower pot on your patio. Really stupid laws.

chumlee57 - 9-13-2017 at 08:11 PM

who cares, we should all be happy no one will suffer BS consicuenses, what difference does it make, espaecially after 50 yrs of something not working......live and let live

San Diego unveils rules for marijuana cultivation, manufacturing

wessongroup - 9-13-2017 at 08:22 PM

Things are changing quite a bit and would appear than after Jan 17th 2018 things will be changing a bit more

Which when considering a lot of factors would seem like it would be much easier for the Cartels to just rent homes and/or commercial space and grow on this side

"Mexican marijuana farmers see profits tumble as U.S. loosens laws"

Just hope they can move away from the "other" side of the industry ...kinda like what the Mafia did in the states .... Legitimate business, and run it that way and move away from there other business ventures

Will say years ago back in the mid to late 60's .... Had some very good pot from Michoacán and Oaxaca albeit with seeds .... and it didn't come in "bricks" .... also around that time something started showing up from Thailand (all tied up) which was a rather provocative smoke ... :):)

Have no idea what is going on it that industry anymore, just read about all the problems associated with the plant and/or the "industry" :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyone remember Texas back in the 60's and the jail time one could get for one joint :lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-14-2017 by wessongroup]

Former Mexican president ‘wants to be the R.J. Reynolds of marijuana’

Lee - 9-13-2017 at 08:57 PM

''Our sources south of the border say to keep an eye on the business interests of former Mexican President Vicente Fox, a vocal President Trump critic.

“He wants to be the R.J. Reynolds of marijuana,” our spy said. And there seems to be some substance to the rumor.

In June, Fox was the keynote at the National Cannabis Industry Association’s convention and told the audience that Mexico was poised to make 60 percent of all the legal weed consumed by Americans, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, which quoted the former Mexican leader as saying, “This product cannabis has to be integrated into NAFTA.”

http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/former-mexican-president-wants-...

motoged - 9-13-2017 at 09:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chumlee57  
who cares, we should all be happy no one will suffer BS consicuenses, what difference does it make, espaecially after 50 yrs of something not working......live and let live

CAUTION: Smoking pot may affect your spelling ability :lol: