BajaNomad

LA bay beaches

eetdrt88 - 2-20-2005 at 04:09 PM

how are the beaches in LA bay compared to gonzaga bay(great)......thinking about going in spring and staying at camp gecko....also hows the fishing from shore??any info would be greatly appreciated.........thanx

beach

gringorio - 2-20-2005 at 06:08 PM

Across south Bahia from Camp Gecko

gringorio - 2-20-2005 at 06:14 PM

This is a photo of the south part of Bahia with the arrows pointing to the beach in the previous photo. This shot, lacking color and crispness, does not do the area justice... It's a very beautiful part of Bahia de los Angeles.

yankeeirishman - 2-20-2005 at 08:32 PM

Is this what I missed as I had no second spare tire? We were heading for this area a few weeks ago, had to turn around due to a flat. This is a great picture! I am seeing a good size shoreline, is this open camping? Again, great shot!

Debra - 2-20-2005 at 08:36 PM

You can camp there but you can only get there by boat......great snorkeling.

I should add.... My computer is alittle dark so I can't see the second picture very well, but, it looks like what is called La Mona on maps (Rincon by the locals) there are a bunch of houses out there and you come to a closed and locked gate at the end of the road toward the beach (Gilligan's Island) shown in the first picture.

[Edited on 2-21-2005 by Debra]

tim40 - 2-20-2005 at 08:41 PM

If I could only do one, GB still gets my nod related to the distance to cold beer.

David K - 2-21-2005 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
how are the beaches in LA bay compared to gonzaga bay(great)......thinking about going in spring and staying at camp gecko....also hows the fishing from shore??any info would be greatly appreciated.........thanx

The beach south of Camp Gecko and the private homes next to Gecko, where the bay curves to the south end, is a beautiful sand beach with open camping in the dunes, simular to Gonzaga or San Felipe. Also, just before La Gringa in the north end is a nice sand beach.

45 miles south at Bahia San Rafael is nice sand beach for camping. Here is San Rafael:

wow

gringorio - 2-21-2005 at 12:34 PM

Great photos! Where can I get a helicopter like that?!

(One lesson I learned from my small plane ride to Loreto: If you're planning on taking 'lots of cool photos' be sure to have the window down! Otherwise you get nothing but blurry images with reflections in them) :(

[Edited on 2-21-2005 by gringorio]

yankeeirishman - 2-21-2005 at 12:52 PM

"great snorkeling". Thats a plus too. Thanks for the pictures and new news on this site

SS Minnow

gringorio - 2-22-2005 at 04:58 PM

This was taken in 1998... What a peaceful beach... :)