ogfast50 - 9-21-2017 at 02:36 PM

Has anyone stayed there lately?
Hearing that service and food has
not been good.
Planning a MC trip down in a couple
of weeks

David K - 9-21-2017 at 02:55 PM

ALFONSINA'S

Reports recently here are as you say. So sad!

C205Driver - 9-21-2017 at 03:23 PM

... You forgot to say USA prices in Baja.....!!!...

rts551 - 9-21-2017 at 03:27 PM

More than USA prices.. You get a 3 star hotel for 5 star prices.

Desertbull - 9-21-2017 at 04:55 PM

They suffered major damage from a storm that hit the GB spit of sand a couple weeks ago...you might check if they're even operating. Enjoy

basautter - 9-21-2017 at 06:16 PM

I like the place, have stayed there many times and am going again in three weeks. I would give them a chance. It's all about location! If there has been a lapse in quality, I am sure they will fix it.

rts551 - 9-21-2017 at 07:38 PM

Here are the rates for those who might be wondering. 1350-2340P/night

http://alfonsinas.com/our-hotel/

TMW - 9-21-2017 at 08:25 PM

I like their food but the rooms are a little pricey for me, I'd rather camp.

BooJumMan - 9-21-2017 at 08:49 PM

2 years ago the margaritas were stiff and the food was good. Last year... well, it wasn't anything close...

C205Driver - 9-22-2017 at 06:34 AM

... LOTS of locations in Baja... Some with MX prices.... Alfies is not one of them...

mtgoat666 - 9-22-2017 at 08:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
... LOTS of locations in Baja... Some with MX prices.... Alfies is not one of them...

What are "mexican prices?"

Do mexican hotel operators get labeled as un-mexican if their prices exceed a certain threshold? What is the threshold?

rts551 - 9-22-2017 at 08:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Do mexican hotel operators get labeled as un-mexican if their prices exceed a certain threshold? What is the threshold?

I do know they like to charge dollars instead of Pesos. Does that count.

bajatrailrider - 9-22-2017 at 08:45 AM

It use to be great place good prices great food and service. Now none of the above we pass to other places. Us prices poor service poor meals. AMF Alfonsinas

Mulege Canuck - 9-22-2017 at 08:58 AM

Always stopped there on our way to Mulege, but no more. Poor food and we were overcharged.

willardguy - 9-22-2017 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

bob and susan tell us anything below $120 and you'll be living with filthy crack heads and bedbugs...beware :smug:

willardguy - 9-22-2017 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
It use to be great place good prices great food and service. Now none of the above we pass to other places. Us prices poor service poor meals. AMF Alfonsinas

I think it turned to chit when DK's cuate Antonio arrived! :no:

Paco Facullo - 9-22-2017 at 09:29 AM

I believe that it all boils down to "value for money spent "

And it appears that Alfonsina's is NOT..

I do not like to stay at places that charge in a currency other that the one established in the Country that I'm in.

This is a dead giveaway that I'm getting overcharged.

It's a given that the owner is paying for all his help, food, utilities and such IN PESO's So it stands to reason that they are simply trying to capitalize on the strong Dollar. IE " greedy"

I travel mainly to countries where my dollars go further so I try my best to patronize those establishments that are of value.

bbbait - 9-22-2017 at 09:46 AM

We had a very nice breakfast there Wed morning. Shrimp omelets & micheladas about $24.. about right I thought. Several backhoes working in the area cleaning up after Lidia. New three story section of rooms going in on the south end of the two story.