BajaNomad

First Arco Site Opens in Mexico

GypsyJan - 9-21-2017 at 07:41 PM

http://www.cspdailynews.com/fuels-news-prices-analysis/fuels...

AKgringo - 9-21-2017 at 08:13 PM

I wonder if US Arco credit cards would work at the Mexican stations?

freediverbrian - 9-21-2017 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I wonder if US Arco credit cards would work at t pophe Mexican stations?

Arco does not have credit cards debit or cash only

David K - 9-22-2017 at 08:20 AM

In my trip report from last month (August 2017), I photographed two non-Pemex gas stations. The prices were identical to Pemex. One was north of Todos Santos and the other was in Cabo San Lucas...

StuckSucks - 9-22-2017 at 09:42 AM

norte - 9-22-2017 at 09:47 AM

Are these all Arco gas stations...or are you guys working on the post count again.

willardguy - 9-22-2017 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Are these all Arco gas stations...or are you guys working on the post count again.

:lol: David K on his way to a hundred K

DENNIS - 9-22-2017 at 10:22 AM

The new signs may not say PEMEX, but who else sells them gas?
PEMEX will not relinquish control.

SFandH - 9-22-2017 at 01:51 PM

I hope the new stations maintain full service. It provides steady work for the locals and enables me to watch others work, which I enjoy. ;)

Bob and Susan - 9-22-2017 at 01:57 PM

gas is gas...don't be fooled

if you read the article the gas is already in mexico at the Pemex terminals inside the borders of mexico

its the ARCO GAS STORE for sales that's new

the parent company in the usa refines and sells the same gas to their stations branded as ARCO SHELL EXXON and others

its all marketing

I hope the gas station stores have good coffee...the normal Pemex doesn't...you have to go to OXXO

DENNIS - 9-22-2017 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
gas is gas...don't be fooled

if you read the article the gas is already in mexico at the Pemex terminals inside the borders of mexico.....its all marketing

Indeed it is. The gas in those facilities came from the....do I dare say it.......USA. PEMEX bought it, and PEMEX will sell it to the businesses with the new signs. Not much has changed here.....just the signs.

SFandH - 9-22-2017 at 03:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
PEMEX bought it, and PEMEX will sell it to the businesses with the new signs. Not much has changed here.....just the signs.

There's more to it than that. ARCO is making money somewhere along the line. Otherwise, they wouldn't put their name on the stations.

I bet they move to self-serve. Less overhead costs.

Bob and Susan - 9-22-2017 at 03:32 PM

the stations will be franchises...just like they are in the USA

fees fees fees

BajaGlenn - 9-22-2017 at 03:43 PM

I'll bet that no mater the name my 19 liter 5 gallon gas can can still hold 22 liters:fire::fire: just like at Pemex

yumawill - 9-22-2017 at 06:26 PM

That was coffee? I thought it was oil sold by the cup! My can holds more, 23 liters. So there. That means my gas is cheaper!