BajaNomad

Online FMM

dizzyspots - 10-1-2017 at 06:44 AM

So, in anticipation of our trip to GB this week, I tried to get our FMM"s online:
I was able to complete the online form without issue. But when it came time to pay for it...no joy! It simply would not take it...hit the "pay" button, it blinks but nothing happens.
I did get an email notice that they received the FMM apps, and would process them as soon as they received payment.
They list an email address for "issues", I sent an email and it was returned because the recipient's email box was "full"!
In the past, you could get a printout and then pay and get stamped when you cross.
Any other Nomads have this issue or clues on how to get it done? Worst case scenario is that we'll stop at Mexicali East and walk in and get it in person, have to stop for the stamp anyway...just trying to speed up the crossing

Sr.vienes - 10-1-2017 at 07:18 AM

Had the same problem once and I believe it was a pop up blocker or some security setting. Good luck, it doesn't save a lot of time unless there is a long line which means you go through twice instead of once.

sancho - 10-1-2017 at 03:19 PM

Was a post sometime back of denying the online fmm
by Mex Imm due to an omitted middle name. I'm sure
it was an isolated incident. I would pay attention to
details on the form, personally I've never been at a Imm
office where an online fmm would have saved any time

Sr.vienes - 10-1-2017 at 05:14 PM

Bajabound has some help to get you through the online process.

surabi - 10-1-2017 at 06:24 PM

Official Mexican Govt. websites and online banking sites are very fussy about which browsers are used. I can't use Firefox, for instance, for my SAT (Mexican taxes) or my Bancomer account. The site loads fine, and I can even enter some information, but at some point it just freezes up. Internet Explorer works for sure, and Chrome and Safari might, but I've never tried those.
So try logging in with IT if you haven't already.

dizzyspots - 10-3-2017 at 06:48 AM

got rapid responses from "Carlos" INM official online, including helpful tip ie "CHrome" "FLash player" and Java....now Im trying to get back to the apps , so I try clicking on the pay button!! They acknowledge receiving my FMM apps, but no way to get back to the Banjercito page to pay for it....might have to get them in person at the Mexicali East entrance when we cross tomorrow...

dysentery - 10-18-2017 at 10:58 PM

I was having a similar issue with doing the fmm online. After screwing around with it, the problem was with the card I was using. It didn't allow transactions outside of the U.S. I tried another card (thankfully i have soooo many) and it went thru lickety split.

I'm sure you made it to mx just fine, but just in case others are having this issue!

David K - 10-19-2017 at 07:20 AM

You still have to park and walk in, at the border, to get the thing stamped... so, what is the advantage of the online or pre-paid form other than filling out the paper, which takes under 5 minutes and no frustrations? Mexicali INM officers have a cash box so no walking next door to a bank teller, like at Tijuana.
Hope you have a fine trip... and don't let the bureaucracy ruin the day!

Sweetwater - 10-19-2017 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
Was a post sometime back of denying the online fmm
by Mex Imm due to an omitted middle name. I'm sure
it was an isolated incident. I would pay attention to
details on the form, personally I've never been at a Imm
office where an online fmm would have saved any time

Yes, that happened to a group that I went with.
Several people in the group had to buy a new fmm at the border because the online form did not precisely match their passport. I would recommend against using the online version since there is little if any saving in time or energy.

dizzyspots - 10-19-2017 at 08:43 AM

We crossed at Mexicali East...we finally were able to print the online form and pay...caravan buddy couldn't...we both were in and out in 5 minutes...easy peasy!

bajagrouper - 10-19-2017 at 11:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
You still have to park and walk in, at the border, to get the thing stamped... so, what is the advantage of the online or pre-paid form other than filling out the paper, which takes under 5 minutes and no frustrations? Mexicali INM officers have a cash box so no walking next door to a bank teller, like at Tijuana.

Reports from another Mexico forum state some airlines are being supplied with the FMMs from Mexico Immigration so passengers are being told to do it on line...probably does not make much difference if driving.

dysentery - 10-29-2017 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I'm a millennial mx first-timer who's easily confused in new and strange places. Doing bureaucratic bs ahead of time equates to peace of mind for me. However for the seasoned pro such as yourself I'm sure its all quite obvious and easy.

Crossed at tecate, in and out pretty quickly once I figured out where to go. Resisted buying salsa and honey that the immigration guy was hustling :lol:

gallesram - 10-29-2017 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
So, in anticipation of our trip to GB this week, I tried to get our FMM"s online:
I was able to complete the online form without issue. But when it came time to pay for it...no joy! It simply would not take it...hit the "pay" button, it blinks but nothing happens.
I did get an email notice that they received the FMM apps, and would process them as soon as they received payment.
They list an email address for "issues", I sent an email and it was returned because the recipient's email box was "full"!
In the past, you could get a printout and then pay and get stamped when you cross.
Any other Nomads have this issue or clues on how to get it done? Worst case scenario is that we'll stop at Mexicali East and walk in and get it in person, have to stop for the stamp anyway...just trying to speed up the crossing

I have done the online FMM several times without an issue; remember that if your stay is 7 days or less you don't have to pay; the FMM is free, so there is nothing to pay. You just print the completed FMM and they will process you at the port of entry.

If you're staying more than 7 days, you obviously have to pay the $25 (or so) through Banjercitos; I haven't had any problems doing that online for the past few years. If your credit card hasn't been charged then you don't have to worry since you'll just pay at the port of entry. But you're right, it slows things down a bit.