BajaNomad

How to get from La Bufadora to the TIJ airport and back?

Howard - 10-6-2017 at 11:26 AM

Does anyone have knowledge on the different ways to get to and from the TIJ airport to the La Bufadora area? I googled parking at the TIJ airport and it appears to be pricy for anywhere from a 2-4 week period of time. I really don't want to drive from La Buf. across the border and walk back to the airport. I can only assume that a Taxi would be pretty pricey as well for that distance.

Anyone travel that route? Someone told me that there is an airport bus that leaves near the military base. I could always take the min bus, etc. to that location. Please keep in mind that I am a pretty lazy person and looking for something easy.

Any suggestions?

vandenberg - 10-6-2017 at 11:57 AM

It's just a hike across beautiful Tijuana,good exercise.:biggrin:

DanO - 10-6-2017 at 12:31 PM

I would take a taxi from La Buf to the ABC Bus terminal in Ensenada, take the ABC bus to Tijuana, and a taxi from the Tijuana bus terminal to the airport.

SFandH - 10-6-2017 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

Please keep in mind that I am a pretty lazy person and looking for something easy.

Always my top priority too. So, perhaps starting a few days before you leave, go to the local gin mill around happy hour and try to find someone to drive you from your house to the airport door. For a reasonable fee, of course.

Perfect solution for a lazy guy looking for easy.

DanO's solution above is a good one, just not as easy as mine.

[Edited on 10-6-2017 by SFandH]