BajaNomad

Water temps rise...yellowtail & TUNA on the chew in Bahia Asuncion!

shari - 10-16-2017 at 12:18 PM

We are experiencing summer now in Asuncion with air temps in the high 80's all last week and supposed to be even hotter all this week...weird. So water temps are up to 77 in some places which means we should be seeing wahoo real soon and hopefully tuna & dorado.

Meanwhile the yellowtail bite is on and fish are putting on some weight now. Our guests Mark & Gary who are here for a month have been enjoying fishing all over the area. They shore fish and also had a great trip to Pta.Eugenia where they limited out on dorado....then went to Cedros for some tuna and more dorado.

Nomad DanD was here for for a few days with his family and they had a great day on the water with Capt.Juan Arce Marron too!

October means fun afternoons on our patio with sashimi & seared fish platters and some jamming!

[Edited on 10-17-2017 by shari]

shari - 10-17-2017 at 07:42 AM

Just a heads up for those of you coming to fish this fall....it was brought to my attention that the Salas 6X Junior lures that are what is catching all the fish right now have 2 different styles....one lighter surface jig and the heavier deep water lure which is what you need when you come here!!!

big swell today so no fishing for a couple days.

fishbuck - 10-17-2017 at 12:10 PM

Nice

shari - 10-17-2017 at 01:40 PM

the storm offshore pushed a big swell our way today but did that deter Rossman from fishing? Hell NO! Here is he passing the kids surfing in the cove next to our place...good thing he waited for the lull as big waves were closing out the bay often.

I thought I could see Ross gritting his teeth surfing in....but I learned a few moments later it was a big a$$ grin as he caught a big fatty tuna! Our bet still stands to see who gets the first wahoo!

BornFisher - 10-17-2017 at 02:21 PM

Rossman----- showing how it`s done!!

fishbuck - 10-17-2017 at 07:23 PM

Nice work!

Sweetwater - 10-18-2017 at 11:29 AM

Nice looking tuna, can you give us an idea on length, girth and weight?

motoged - 10-18-2017 at 12:31 PM

Ross told me he would paddle his kayak out 8 miles looking for tuna...:wow:

Now that he motors around.....the fish better watch out.

SDROB - 10-18-2017 at 01:31 PM

Nice report Shari! Way to go Rossman... Every time I see that guy he is on fish...

Rossman - 10-18-2017 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  

Didn't get length and girth but weighed it on a spring scale and a digital and both came out just a tick under 32 lbs.

Sweetwater - 10-19-2017 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rossman  
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  

Didn't get length and girth but weighed it on a spring scale and a digital and both came out just a tick under 32 lbs.

Very nice, now just take a photo of you holding a meter or yard stick.
We'll do a side by side and I'm thinking it's close to a meter long.