BajaNomad

List of Journalists and Media Workers Killed in Mexico

GypsyJan - 10-18-2017 at 08:50 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_and_media_...

Barry A. - 10-19-2017 at 10:26 PM

Good Grief!!!!

Marc - 10-25-2017 at 04:32 PM

Hard to believe. There are women included. One must pause at each name and try to imagine.
A must read is 'The Mexican Mind' by De Mente who does a half baked explanation of Mexican culture.

[Edited on 10-25-2017 by Marc]

KaceyJ - 10-25-2017 at 06:31 PM

Pretty much a Mexican tradition!!

Thanks Jan

Hook - 10-26-2017 at 09:44 AM

Awaiting the incoming spin from JJJ.

JoeJustJoe - 10-26-2017 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Awaiting the incoming spin from JJJ.

Hook, I'm kinda busy in another area of BN today, but if you must know.

I'm rolling my eyes of some of the more sanctimonious postings in this thread.

I might add if the American journalist did their jobs like their Mexican counterpart's, there would probably be at least some dead US journalists.

It's not that I'm advocating for dead US journalists, but I just think most US journalists are just shills, doing what their corporate media masters tell them to do, which is not very much.

It seems we have to go back to Watergate to find any real investigative reporting, although many Mexicans reporters put their lives on the line everyday.

For example, why wasn't the lies of the WMD's exposed?

If those lies were exposed, thousands of deaths from both sides could have been avoided.

Hook - 10-26-2017 at 12:05 PM

Well, the existence of the WMDs wasnt the easiest thing to prove or disprove, Joe. How would they go about exposing something that apparently never existed? I'm sure it was all "classifed information", anyway. It would have taken a whistle blower from within the Bush Adm to tip off a member of the media AND provide them with ironclad evidence. Republicans circle the wagons to protect their constituents defense contracts.

elgatoloco - 10-27-2017 at 12:26 AM

:no:

That's LIFE

MrBillM - 10-30-2017 at 07:02 PM

People Kill and people Die.

Journalism that affects dangerous interests is dangerous to the journalist.

And, there's really nothing that can be done.

Those in danger of discovery will make the decision whether said deadly act is worth the risk or reward and act accordingly.