BajaNomad

DUST 2 GLORY (The Baja 1000 Movie Sequel)

David K - 10-26-2017 at 12:38 PM

Showing ONE night ONLY, Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017. Pre-order your tickets here:
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dust-2-glory

More, from SCORE:
http://score-international.com/dust-2-glory-trailer-dust-2-g...

Video preview:

Bajaboy - 10-26-2017 at 12:54 PM

We're checking it out in Rancho San Diego.

StuckSucks - 10-26-2017 at 03:45 PM

I already have our tickets. We saw the first one on the big screen and there's nothing like it. There were obviously other racers in the audience -- someone would show on the screen and a group of five would burst into applause, screaming. And so it went thru the movie. Great experience.

David K - 10-26-2017 at 04:21 PM

We also saw the first one in a theater. The only one in San Diego County showing it. Other off road racing teams were there, in their team shirts.

This one is shown in many theaters, but only on the one day (they say). We got our tickets to see it in San Marcos... stadium seating.

I found the DVD for sale a couple years later, at a Vons store!

Ken Cooke - 10-27-2017 at 10:50 PM

We (me, Billy, Suzanne) saw it in West L.A. since that was the closest location to view it. We didn't see any race teams at the NewArt on Wilshire in this snobby part of town, but we were stunned by the great visuals we were treated by.

David K - 10-29-2017 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
We (me, Billy, Suzanne) saw it in West L.A. since that was the closest location to view it. We didn't see any race teams at the NewArt on Wilshire in this snobby part of town, but we were stunned by the great visuals we were treated by.

Well, Dust 2 is in all sorts of theatres, everywhere... Here just in North County, it is playing in Carlsbad, San Marcos, and Poway. When Dust 1 came out, it was only in one theatre in the county, in Hillcrest.

So, it should be in one close to you guys... if you can go on a school night! ;):cool:

Ken Cooke - 10-29-2017 at 01:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

Well, Dust 2 is in all sorts of theatres, everywhere... Here just in North County, it is playing in Carlsbad, San Marcos, and Poway. When Dust 1 came out, it was only in one theatre in the county, in Hillcrest.

So, it should be in one close to you guys... if you can go on a school night! ;):cool:

Two theaters in Riverside will be screening Dust2. I can't do weeknights normally, but this will be close to home and a special event.

SOLD OUT -- RIVERSIDE, CA

Ken Cooke - 12-6-2017 at 06:26 PM

My wife picked up 2 of the last 3 available tickets for the Riverside Plaza showing.

David K - 12-6-2017 at 07:55 PM

We are in the theater now.

freediverbrian - 12-6-2017 at 08:08 PM

At Garden Grove , looking forward to it

Frigatebird - 12-6-2017 at 10:19 PM

Skunked due to technical difficulties at Cinemark. :fire:

David K - 12-6-2017 at 11:00 PM

Was very good... Far more 'about people' than clips of racing. The best part and got the most reaction was the scene in the Matomi Canyon Narrows where all the high-priced racers were stuck in the sand and hung up on the boulders... and along comes a Class 11 and easily goes right by them (ala the Tortoise and the Hare). Big applause for the Class 11.

The movie covered all 4 Score Baja races of 2016 with emphasis on the 1000... but as I mentioned, it was a film about people film and not so much a film about race cars and motorcycles.

Ken Cooke - 12-6-2017 at 11:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Was very good... Far more 'about people' than clips of racing. The best part and got the most reaction was the scene in the Matomi Canyon Narrows where all the high-priced racers were stuck in the sand and hung up on the boulders... and along comes a Class 11 and easily goes right by them (ala the Tortoise and the Hare). Big applause for the Class 11.

The movie covered all 4 Score Baja races of 2016 with emphasis on the 1000... but as I mentioned, it was a film about people film and not so much a film about race cars and motorcycles.

Leidys felt that it was a, "good example" for the American viewing public that Baja is a safe place to visit. It was a little Brady Bunch for me - more hardcore racing scenes would have made me happy. Overall, I am glad to have been a part of seeing this film tonight. To see the racing teams at my local theater, and sit in a packed theater was great.

ehall - 12-7-2017 at 04:49 AM

6 of of went and saw it in Avondale az. Last night. Theatre was maybe half full. We all enjoyed it. My favorite part was Cam's frustration and threatening to sell it all.

David K - 12-7-2017 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
6 of of went and saw it in Avondale az. Last night. Theatre was maybe half full. We all enjoyed it. My favorite part was Cam's frustration and threatening to sell it all.

Seriously right? 2016 wasn't a good year for him and he was the only negative racer interviewed.. all others were happy as a clam if they finished the race, no matter in what place. Even those how broke down can't wait to come back... Cameron loses points for his reaction in the film!
In 2017, Cameron won the Mexican 1000 overall and came in 2nd place in the Baja 1000. Guess it's good he didn't give up and sell it all?

StuckSucks - 12-7-2017 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
My favorite part was Cam's frustration and threatening to sell it all.

That comment got a big laugh from our mostly-full theater in Playa Vista.

TMW - 12-7-2017 at 09:27 AM

I wonder if it was on camera showmanship or reality. He has been racing for a long time along with it's ups and downs and he has been in front of the camera for a while.

Udo - 12-7-2017 at 09:30 AM

I'll have to wait until the DVD sales come out.

bbqjoe - 12-7-2017 at 11:06 AM

Hi Udo. I'm new to this site. I probably don't meet the requirements yet to PM or email. But I'd like to discuss renting your place.
Maybe you can PM or email me?

Although she isn't registered, my wife is a big fan of this site.

Bajaboy - 12-7-2017 at 11:47 AM

We really enjoyed the movie last night. Packed house in Rancho San Diego.

Ken Cooke - 12-7-2017 at 01:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I'll have to wait until the DVD sales come out.

The film will be showing in Mexico soon, Udo.

Dust 2 Glory

Gscott - 12-8-2017 at 12:12 PM

Did anyone watch this movie? It was in theaters Tuesday night only. Dana Brown's sequel to Dust to Glory, of course. It was pretty good, I liked the original better but it was still fun. $13 seemed a little steep, but oh well.
Anything Baja!

Udo - 12-8-2017 at 01:51 PM

It appears that the PM I sent you did not get to you, and I don't have your e-mail address.

Quote: Originally posted by bbqjoe  
Hi Udo. I'm new to this site. I probably don't meet the requirements yet to PM or email. But I'd like to discuss renting your place.
Maybe you can PM or email me?

Although she isn't registered, my wife is a big fan of this site.

Udo - 12-8-2017 at 01:54 PM

Plus, in looking through the user names, you don't have an e-mail listed.

I'll have to wait for you to get a hold of me.

Udo - 12-9-2017 at 09:55 AM

Sent you a second U-2 bbqjoe.

ehall - 12-10-2017 at 05:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I wonder if it was on camera showmanship or reality. He has been racing for a long time along with it's ups and downs and he has been in front of the camera for a while.

I bet that was the real deal. He has been so close just to have it pulled away. I think he truly wants to win.

Ken Cooke - 12-10-2017 at 06:13 PM

Walking up to the theater, someone wearing a Papa's and Beer hoodie opened the door so I quickly walked inside. Right behind me was Walker Evan's son Evan. Inside of the theater, lots of race team/fabricator types. The theater was mostly full. A block of seats were unoccupied. All but one seat was sold, making the theater technically sold out. I wore my Baja Grande hoodie from 2007. Cool crowd.

willardguy - 12-11-2017 at 11:58 AM

just read Bruce passed away yesterday in santa barbara.....even Endless Summers have to end:(

StuckSucks - 12-11-2017 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
just read Bruce passed away yesterday in santa barbara.....even Endless Summers have to end:(

Well now, that stinks.

https://www.surfer.com/features/rip-bruce-brown/

BornFisher - 12-11-2017 at 01:12 PM

Endless bummer today. RIP Bruce!

ehall - 12-12-2017 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Don't forget the iconic "On any Sunday" Got a lot people into dirt bikes and the offroad scene. Rest in Peace