BajaNomad

Tecate parking

advrider - 10-29-2017 at 11:59 PM

Anyone ever use any of the paid parking lots on the US side? We are headed down in March with a few bikes and a moto trailer and were looking to park closer to the border. We usually leave everything at a friends house in San Diego but that means an hour plus ride to the border. Also looking for hotel recommendations in Tecate with secure moto parking.

TecateRay - 10-30-2017 at 03:20 AM

There are several fenced lots on your right as you come into to TECATE California. I have done Day parking there no problems.
You can also cross and leave your trucks/trailers at Rancho Ojai, about 14 miles east of town. We have left rigs there for weeklong trips.
Hotel Estancia has pretty good parking in TECATE, nice rooms and a good restaurant.

TecateRay - 10-30-2017 at 03:22 AM

There are several fenced lots on your right as you come into to TECATE California. I have done Day parking there no problems.
You can also cross and leave your trucks/trailers at Rancho Ojai, about 14 miles east of town. We have left rigs there for weeklong trips.
Hotel Estancia has pretty good parking in TECATE, nice rooms and a good restaurant.

ehall - 10-30-2017 at 04:42 AM

X2 on the pay lots. $5 bucks a day. Never had a problem.

advrider - 10-30-2017 at 08:04 AM

Thanks for the info. Trying to stay on the US side so we don't have to pay for insurance on the trucks when we enter Mexico. I did some google earth views and was able to get the number for the place on the left next to the gas station. I don't remember the places on the right, I will go back and see what I can find. I will checkout hotel Estancia. Thanks for the info....