BajaNomad

visa neeed when heading thru CBX border crossing ?

ligui - 10-31-2017 at 02:59 PM

Hi ! Heading down to loreto for 7 days . I know way to short but all I get right now.:bounce: But at least i'm going to get some . :tumble:

? is do I need to get a visa for the 7 days i'm going down for ? I've been told not needed but I've been told a lot of things in my life that just weren't right .

Thanks you all !

David K - 10-31-2017 at 03:07 PM

All trips into Mexico require an FMM now (tourist card, not technically a visa). You need a passport to get the FMM. Free for 7 days and 500 pesos for 180 days. Obtain just inside the border at the INM desk.

That being said, I have yet to be asked by anyone to see it the past several years and 20,000 miles of Baja trips+.

sancho - 10-31-2017 at 03:55 PM

In the past, have heard of tourists flying out of TJ, not getting
an fmm, which are available at the TJ airport. I ASSUME
Mex Immigration at the airport issues the free 6nt/7day
fmm, but yes by Mex Imm regs you need one

ligui - 10-31-2017 at 06:21 PM

Thanks guys will check it out as we cross . I like the free part . We shall see in a couple of days .

Viva Baja

BajaBlanca - 10-31-2017 at 06:48 PM

When I was in Santa Rosalia, albeit years ago they were adamant that a FMM was necessary for everyone. I would surely rather be safe than sorry in your shoes.

danaeb - 10-31-2017 at 07:11 PM

I use the CBX bridge frequently. Yes you do need an FMM, regardless of the number of days you will be staying in Mexico. The INM agents will ask to see it and your passport.

You can get it online (https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html), or fill it out when you cross over the bridge and enter the INM lobby. Free for seven days or less.

On edit, I recall that there is a desk in the US lobby (before you enter the rope line to enter the bridge) that has the blank forms. I always get mine online, but there are a lot of people around to answer questions.

[Edited on 11-1-2017 by danaeb]

KasloKid - 10-31-2017 at 11:52 PM

I've gotten the 7 day free one a few times. Every time I was told that I HAVE TO turn it in to them prior to leaving Mexico. Doesn't have to be the same issuing office, any office will do. Get your passport stamped "S" for Salida (Exit)
Their tracking/computer systems are getting better all the time.

Mexitron - 11-1-2017 at 04:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by danaeb  
I use the CBX bridge frequently. Yes you do need an FMM, regardless of the number of days you will be staying in Mexico. The INM agents will ask to see it and your passport.

You can get it online (https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html), or fill it out when you cross over the bridge and enter the INM lobby. Free for seven days or less.

On edit, I recall that there is a desk in the US lobby (before you enter the rope line to enter the bridge) that has the blank forms. I always get mine online, but there are a lot of people around to answer questions.

[Edited on 11-1-2017 by danaeb]

So do you still need to stop at INM and get it stamped or is the online good to go/no stopping?

danaeb - 11-1-2017 at 08:43 AM

If you buy your FMM online, be sure to print the form AND the confirmation email that you received. Have your passport, the FMM form (filled out) and the email handy (if you got it online) when you approach the desk. They will stamp your passport and FMM.

David K - 11-1-2017 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
I've gotten the 7 day free one a few times. Every time I was told that I HAVE TO turn it in to them prior to leaving Mexico. Doesn't have to be the same issuing office, any office will do. Get your passport stamped "S" for Salida (Exit)
Their tracking/computer systems are getting better all the time.

This was what I was told as well. Obtained in Mexicali and turned in at Tecate. Our passports were stamped both places.

Mexitron: Yes, getting an FMM in advance of your trip gives little advantage as you still must stop at the border INM desk to activate it with a stamp.